Ninja Blade

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
*scrawlfx.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/09/ninja-blade.jpg

The Story is about Ken okagawa & takes place in 2015.
The protagonist a modern-ninja.though in ninja groups there are other ninjas which looks exactly like Ryu-Hayabusa (Ninja Gaiden).But the Ken outfit separates him on looks from Ryu....

Story:I have played only 1st mission & I think the story is good.
Graphics:Its as bright as BatMan AA not better but average.
Gameplay:Combat system is similar to NG & DMC.& has command input action style(like RE series).Also gives rating like DMC (Good,Excellent,Perfect etc).If u miss the corresponding action key press then the game rewinds just like POP & allows u to execute the command again.

The player can do wallruns(like POP) & also runs faster.
Game Plot is similar to RE series (infection spreading through Worms/Viruses)
The Weilding weapons are of varieties (katana,double katana,extending blades & their is one huge blade like barbarian sword which break shields & walls)
Combos system is also excellent.

Gameplay is fast but not as fast as NG or DMC :))

A must play title for Hack&Slash fans...

Last edited:

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Played it long back. Combat is good not great.

The worst part is checkpoints!!!

The game saves at weird places...weird places means, u can't save ur progress in between. The checkpoints are placed in far away stages...

I liked the twin blade most. Fast, do their job...if single enemy then only single blade.

Boss fights are tough sometimes but lengthy and tiring.

Not a very good piece of Hack/Slash game IMO.

Till date I've played only one perfect hack/slash game i.e. "BloodOmen 2". Awesome powers, a gripping story, an arrogant hero... what not.

gameranand

Living to Play
Well I am a hack and slash fan but never tried this one. If you are right then I finally have something to pass my time with my controller at last.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Well I am a hack and slash fan but never tried this one. If you are right then I finally have something to pass my time with my controller at last.

Get right on...
This is a perfect game for controller.

Mouse+KBD combo is really tough to keep up with

OP
Zangetsu

Zangetsu

then definitely a must try for u....:cool:

@abhidev: ya sure..will post it when i get home 2day....

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Enjoyed the game, but the most annoying part of the game was random freezing on the PC version. In Windows XP, we would have to perform a hard reboot, thankfully, in Win7, we could end it via Task Manager. It was a pathetic bug ridden port, but somehow managed to complete the game.

The game is just filled with QTE events. Boss Fights were great. It's cheesy, but fun kind of game.

OP
Zangetsu

Zangetsu

some more screenshots

*xbox360media.ign.com/xbox360/image/article/941/941834/ninja-blade-20090106102754913.jpg
*xbox360media.ign.com/xbox360/image/article/938/938498/ninja-blade-20081215000019585.jpg
*xbox360media.ign.com/xbox360/image/article/906/906691/ninja-blade-tba-20080829023837536.jpg

.=Pyro=.

Burning in the skies
It was a good game. And i love ninjas so pretty much everything with ninjas in it is cool.

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
Zangetsu, are those in-game screenshots or advertisements for the same. Is this out on PS3..?

OP
Zangetsu

Zangetsu

Zangetsu, are those in-game screenshots or advertisements for the same. Is this out on PS3..?

well i have just started to play the game...i have screenshots from ign.com
& yes its there for PS3
But I suggest NG2 instead of NB
----------
Ninja Blade
The game also has feature to customize character clothing,skin color etc....
& best part is dat it also effects in cutscenes....cool

I just put a tattoo on Ken's emblem....

also unlocked lvl2 combos.....& the ending fatality of Boss fights is really cool very much better than DMC 4
Oh yeah & in mission 2 i used the machine gun & canon gun from helicopter to kill the flying monsters just like COD gameplay & also Ken's performs a hell lots of skydiving like Just Cause 2
Is there any official patch for this game???

vickybat

I am the night...I am...

Some good ps3 hack and slash games include the following:

1. Ninja Gaiden sigma
2. Ninja gaiden sigma 2
3.Heavenly sword (must buy)
4. Bayonetta (must buy)
5.God of war 3 (must buy)
6. Devil may cry 4(also on pc)
7.Genji
8.Dante's inferno
9.Demon souls (must buy) rpg style gameplay

Games numbered 1, 2 ,3 , 4 ,5 & 9 are highly recommended. Both god of war and ninja gaiden series are known for showcasing brutality while ninja gaiden series are particularly known for its difficulty. :smile:

Last edited:

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Those are IGN's pre-rendered screenshots. The game is available for PC and X360 only. So get the PC version, if you're interested. 360 version was locked at 30fps which was pretty poor and inconsistent.

@gameranand: The game doesn't have blood splattering when you kill the enemies. They just disintegrate and form into green/red orbs.

Top Bottom