Nikon D-SLR buying advice.

sujoyp

Grand Master
LOL:lol: ....I dont mind answering same question 100 times :)

I saw desibond answering same question 10-15 times a day in mobile section :D

sujoyp

Grand Master
oooh great...congrats...soo u got D3100 :) ....if u have any issue ask me...we have same DSLR now :D

sujoyp

Grand Master
now give efforts and start clicking...it takes many months to get ok kind of shots....start practicing..

OP
Zangetsu

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
Thanx kjuvale,SwiftLover

@sujoyp: ya man...I am reading the 200page of D3100 manual provided to get on what button & function is what???

sujoyp

Grand Master
yaah thats a good idea..
Due to my over confidence i missed that the inbuilt flash can ttl thats work in auto mode..i came to know after a whooping 5 months..so read carefully

nikonfan

Right off the assembly line
Yes, Its from Nikon Authorized Showroom, Goa.

The Canon Std(18-55mm) Kit lens is bit low in terms of IQ as compared to Nikon(18-55 VR). Canon has issue with Color fringe and lens distortion for kit lens.

Hi SwiftLover, Can you please explain me what Color fringe and lens distortion means ? M a total noob in this :mrgreen:

Thanks in advance

sujoyp

Grand Master
color fringing is like at full size of the pic u will see black borders look like violet and sometiimes hair look bit reddish.. basically this happen in either low light or too contrasty situations...

but all at full size...with normal screen u wont see that

lens distortion I cant say...havent read about it ;)

Champ

.NET Guru
Guys,
what are disadvantages of buying DSLR(550d/D5100) from US except no warranty in India.
Will Charger/Adapter work here with 220v system.
In No What elase I will have to buy extra to make it compatible.

Any other advantages except better prices...

sujoyp

Grand Master
@the champ...bro really there are no disadvantages at all except warranty...

But please ensure that the price difference is at least 4-5k else its of no real deal

if u have something in mind please give link to check that.

Champ

.NET Guru
Option 1
D5100 with Kit lens + Nikon 55-300
Amazon.com: Nikon D5100 16.2MP CMOS Digital SLR Camera with 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 AF-S DX VR Nikkor Zoom Lens: Camera & Photo
Amazon.com: Nikon 55-300mm f/4.5-5.6G ED VR AF-S DX Nikkor Zoom Lens for Nikon Digital SLR: Camera & Photo

769+345 -100 = 1014 = Rs 45630

In India you cant get this combo in less than 52K-53K

Option 2
550D with kit lens + Canon 55-250
*www.amazon.com/Canon-T2i-Digital-3-0-Inch-18-55mm/dp/B0035FZJHQ
*www.amazon.com/Canon-55-250mm-4-0-5-6-Telephoto-Digital/dp/B0011NVMO8/

749+178 -150 = 777 = 34965
Indian estimated price = ~48K

Option 3
600D with kit lens + Canon 55-250
*www.amazon.com/Canon-T3i-Digital-Imaging-18-55mm/dp/B004J3V90Y
849+178-150 = 877=39465
Indian estimated price = ~57K

All items are from Amazon itself. If you go for third party sellers u can get even cheaper but I will not be recommended that.

sujoyp

Grand Master
^^ wow 600D is very cheap there...are u getting it from somebody or purchasing directly from amazon...remember if u purchase directly u have to pay heavy taxes

if u get it from someone comming to india then u will loose all boxes and warranty :)

rakeshmenon

Broken In
Aperture refers to the opening of a lens's diaphragm through which light passes. It is calibrated in f/stops and is generally written as numbers such as 1.4, 2, 2.8, 4, 5.6, 8, 11 and 16. The lower f/stops give more exposure because they represent the larger apertures, while the higher f/stops give less exposure because they represent smaller apertures. This may seem a little contradictory at first but will become clearer as you take pictures at varying f/stops. Be sure to check your manual first to learn how to set your camera for Aperture Priority, then try experimenting to get comfortable with changing the aperture and recognizing the effects different apertures will have on the end-result image.

How Aperture Affects Depth of Field
Depth of field is defined as "the zone of acceptable sharpness in front of and behind the subject on which the lens is focused." Simply put: how sharp or blurry is the area behind your subject. Here's the equation:

The lower the f/stop—the larger the opening in the lens—the less depth of field—the blurrier the background.

The higher the f/stop—the smaller the opening in the lens—the greater the depth of field—the sharper the background.

Top Bottom