New UbiSlate 7+. Is it worth having?

PurusH

The LeO
it wont install any application. I read it somewhere.

Yes, not all android applications, no gaming, very low battery backup it seems, hardly 2 hours. It is good for only to upload photos and keep as Digital photo frame !

I read about Govt. scrapping Akash as it has very cheap components and looking other vendor. IMO a good chineese tab for 6K will be better than this.

tkin

Back to school!!
By gawd, just use it to read ebooks, it costs 50% of a kindle and has colour display.

Soumik

Padawan
Cummon... I cant believe the chipset cant handle a little bit of load... I feel its pretty powerful and ppl getting the device should try sideloading some apps to see if they run properly... :)

Rajesh345

Youngling
Any know Estimate hrs i can get if use it to view PDF doc only ,[in power management mode [W/LAN and data connection etc Turned off ]

Atm on travel daily (~6 hrs ) , i am using my Nokia 5233 Touch screen Ph to read books

any chance i get min 6 hrs bkup on Ubislate 7 + with pure PDF reading ?

Thank you in advance

ujjwal321

Journeyman
for 3000 even if it only plays video it's a bargain.. screen resolution is pretty descent for the price.. go for it.. don't look at what it can't do.. see what it can do for the price.. The price is too low to complain about anything..

kg11sgbg

Indian Railways - The Vibrant and Moving INDIA
^^Absolutely well said ujjwal321.
I just want to know mainly 3 questions about Ubislate7+; that Ubislate7+ is having Android 2.3(Gingerbread) as its OS.

1). Can we the buyers of this tablet,be able to upgrade to future versions of Android?

2). Also,can we download tons of "FREE" applications/tools from Android Space?

3). Moreover the network provision is 2GB for Rs.98/- per month as stated by Datawind.Well,which ISP will be providing that service?

Blue Ripazah

THE CHOSEN ONE
I just want to know mainly 3 questions about Ubislate7+; that Ubislate7+ is having Android 2.3(Gingerbread) as its OS.

1). Can we the buyers of this tablet,be able to upgrade to future versions of Android?

3). Moreover the network provision is 2GB for Rs.98/- per month as stated by Datawind.Well,which ISP will be providing that service?

1) no u cannot upgrade to future versions officialy but after rooting u can install custom roms

2) i think we can but many are saying that it doesnt support android market.. You can install apps thru .apk files which are easily avalible after a bit googling

3) this is old info now all operators are giving 1gb usage

tkin

Back to school!!

Not sure about 1 or 3 but 2, I doubt it, its a 3k tablet.

himanshu1114

Right off the assembly line
Every one is happy about it.
But there is a very bad news that its delivery got delayed to april..
Those who booked it in december may get it in mid april...
Hope for its coming early..:-(:-(:-(:-(:-(:-(

bubusam13

Human
Its a ok type thing. One thing I cam to know from somwhere it wont have android market app but get jar app for java.

Reliance give 2GB for Rs 51 for 15 days. That means 4GB for Rs 102 for 30 days. I m using this plan in my mobile.

kg11sgbg

Reliance give 2GB for Rs 51 for 15 days. That means 4GB for Rs 102 for 30 days. I m using this plan in my mobile.

Not necessarily!!!
It's not so easy to deduce in a simple arithmetic way the charges of Internet by operators.
BSNL has a whole lot of head spinning and confusing "tariffs",still I use it.:-x:)

And about, RELIANCE ???!!!:evil::twisted:

bubusam13

Human
I didn't get what you are talking about. But my arithmetic on internet charges ia pretty simple.

On PC: BSNL EVDO : 2.1 Mbps unlimited download : Rs 650 pm
On mobile : Reliance GPRS : 2GB / Rs 51 for 15 days (I don't even utilize 1 GB in mobile)

ajaybc

Youngling
My friend has a Chinese 'Dropad' tablet and Moto Droid phone. Most apps are not supported in Android market in the Dropad. But the workaround he use it is that, he first installs the apps on his phone. Then uses 'ES File Explorer' which is a free app to create backup of the app as an apk file. Then transfers it to the tablet and then directly installs it. And all of them work flawlessly.
I think it should work in Ubislate too.

kg11sgbg

I didn't get what you are talking about. But my arithmetic on internet charges ia pretty simple.

On PC: BSNL EVDO : 2.1 Mbps unlimited download : Rs 650 pm
On mobile : Reliance GPRS : 2GB / Rs 51 for 15 days (I don't even utilize 1 GB in mobile)

A little correction my Friend,
BSNL EVDO tariff is Rs.750/- p.m. for unlimited download,but Rs.650/- for 5GB(limited),according to BSNL.

I have no intentions to hurt you or your sentiments regarding arithmetic/mathematics.If I do unknowingly, I am "sorry".

I wanted to know,if Reliance is providing GPRS: 2GB/Rs.51 for 15 days,then does it automatically change to a Plan "tariff" of Rs.102/- for 4GB?
I mean do ISP like Reliance or even BSNL/MTNL or Tata, etc. calculates as such?
Perhaps I am unaware.

Last edited:

bubusam13

Human
A little correction my Friend,
BSNL EVDO tariff is Rs.750/- p.m. for unlimited download,but Rs.650/- for 5GB(limited),according to BSNL.

I have no intentions to hurt you or your sentiments regarding arithmetic/mathematics.If I do unknowingly, I am "sorry".

I wanted to know,if Reliance is providing GPRS: 2GB/Rs.51 for 15 days,then does it automatically change to a Plan "tariff" of Rs.102/- for 4GB?
I mean do ISP like Reliance or even BSNL/MTNL or Tata, etc. calculates as such?
Perhaps I am unaware.

My friend you don't have full info., this scheme is for the very first few customers. I purchased EVDO in 2008. Then it was in testing conditions then and Rs 550 for unlimited. Then it was increased to Rs 750 and for old customers, it is Rs 650. So mine is Rs 650.

Yes Reliance Rs 51for 2GB for 15 days. you have to renew it yourself again with Rs 51. They don't auto-renew or plan automatically changes. I am using it. Though now I deactivated it as I don't actually need internet in mobile.

I told you I am good in arithmetic :p

Last edited:

kg11sgbg

My friend you don't have full info., this scheme is for the very first few customers. I purchased EVDO in 2008. Then it was in testing conditions then and Rs 550 for unlimited. Then it was increased to Rs 750 and for old customers, it is Rs 650. So mine is Rs 650.

^^Perhaps I am unaware.

Yes Reliance Rs 51for 2GB for 15 days. you have to renew it yourself again with Rs 51. They don't auto-renew or plan automatically changes. I am using it. Though now I deactivated it as I don't actually need internet in mobile.

I told you I am good in arithmetic :p

Yes,of course you are!:):wink:

pramudit

Gaming hardcore
Aircel still gives unlimited internet for 98rs....
I was also excited about ubislate and pre booked on day 1 but its reviews were bad so i bought a samsumg galaxy y..... :D

Top Bottom