New UbiSlate 7+. Is it worth having?

kg11sgbg

Indian Railways - The Vibrant and Moving INDIA
^^ Thanks pramudit for aircel info.
Reviews were bad on Ubislate7(Akash) Tablet,which most would refer as a prototype rather than the full device/gadget,according to various informations.It was also a developmental device.

Hopefully,Ubislate7+(also called Ubislate2) would be a final product onto itself,when it comes to masses...:-o:wink:
But for that price (Rs,2,999/-) we must not expect to have all the bells and whistles,which the other "not so cheap" tablets possess.Finally the Samsung Galaxy Tab ,Acer Iconia,etc. tablets belongs to the "premium + elite class" of I-Pads:goldfish:,not for common mass of people.

TheLetterD

Will Power
People looking for an E-Book reader should not buy this. No matter how cheap it is, its still an LCD display.
The reason the 'Kindle' is so special is because it has an e-ink display
Which does not harm your eyes like all other screens do!

A TV show is 1/2-1Hour max
A movie is 3 Hrs max
Imagine the damage caused to your eyes after reading a book on the aakash or any other tablet for 1 hour EVERYDAY!
The kindle isnt THAT expensive either!
If you know some one in the US you can get it for 80$
If not then for 5.6K on Junglee.com (Amazon's indian website)
AND the battery will last you 2 months of reading everyday for 1 hour!

And if you wanna read Comics or Magazines and youre looking for a color display I suggest you wait for a while. An e-ink color display ebook reader is gonna be launched soon. Either by B&N or Amazon!

iknowledge

Broken In
Common Guys....

At the price that it is being sold. It is a good deal...
Soon there will be more faster processors available at lower prices....

Its an effect of mass production....

Whistler81

The One and Only
OK guys, i wanted to know a few things: when can we expect the next version of UbiSlate 7+ ?? Will it be a 'good deal' if I order now [25th Feb 2012] actually I don't want to order the older version if a new version is on the way.

I am basically going to read e-books and use our college's free WiFi.

another thing I wanted to know is how bad is it that the UbiSlate is not able to access the Android Market Store ? Is it a very big downside ? What do you think ? I have never used an Android device before. Will it be possible to upgrade the installed version of Android ? and get access to Android Market in any way. (I dont care about a camera on the device I really want the Android Market.)

vetdrchandan

Broken In
OK guys, i wanted to know a few things: when can we expect the next version of UbiSlate 7+ ?? Will it be a 'good deal' if I order now [25th Feb 2012] actually I don't want to order the older version if a new version is on the way.

I am basically going to read e-books and use our college's free WiFi.

another thing I wanted to know is how bad is it that the UbiSlate is not able to access the Android Market Store ? Is it a very big downside ? What do you think ? I have never used an Android device before. Will it be possible to upgrade the installed version of Android ? and get access to Android Market in any way. (I dont care about a camera on the device I really want the Android Market.)

The New Ubislate 7+ supports android market

Top Bottom