New Thinkdigit website. Feedback and suggestions welcome here

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrids

Right off the assembly line
hi...i just registered on your website. Everything looked great and well organized except the downloads section. No doubt great software are available for download there but the shear haphazard organization was a turn off. You could categorize them like media, utility, antivirus,etc. It will really be great if it is easy to find the required software that way.

slugger

Banned
earlier this link would work even if one wasn't logged in

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/search.php?do=getnew

now it needs you to have signed in to get the list of active forum topics - very inconvinient

I have this URL as a bookmark in my browser. Earlier clicking on the link if i found come interesting thread, would log in to post, but now that it no longer works - out of sight out of mind

You may even be driving away 1st time visitors who may be looking to register. Instead of clicking on each sub-forum to see what kind of discussion happens, they could simply have used the link to get the info

Please make it accessible w/o having to sign in

Thanks

Please improve forum style.
Teh competitors are way ahead on you guys in terms of the forum look.

And if sig images are not possible, give us bigger avatars atleast.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
^^ a tech forum needs a batch of good contributors aka members, a good system to monitor everything & yes an ICO (grin). so i don't think looks matter that much. at least it makes loading the forum much faster & lighter to our eyes.

Why do people have have to wait 30 seconds between everytime reports are put up. There are multiple spam as it is but its possible to keep this place clean if such rules are put up.

Reporting only one post of a spammer is more than enough for us. :)

got an idea (Credit to XDA Forum). why not (if it is possible) let members with 100 or more post have less restriction? i am referring to the point brought forward by Sorcerer.

Last edited:

rajan1311

Padawan
TDF forums are on one the slowest loading forums, please consider changing your hosting....why are you hosted in the US ? How about a dedicated server,somewhere in Europe ? I am sure you are not short on $$

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Please improve forum style.
Teh competitors are way ahead on you guys in terms of the forum look.

And if sig images are not possible, give us bigger avatars atleast.
Have you checked out your User CP for avatar???

earlier this link would work even if one wasn't logged in

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/search.php?do=getnew

now it needs you to have signed in to get the list of active forum topics - very inconvinient

I have this URL as a bookmark in my browser. Earlier clicking on the link if i found come interesting thread, would log in to post, but now that it no longer works - out of sight out of mind

You may even be driving away 1st time visitors who may be looking to register. Instead of clicking on each sub-forum to see what kind of discussion happens, they could simply have used the link to get the info

Please make it accessible w/o having to sign in

Thanks
I've done that to decrease the load on server. Anonymous queries increase the load.

got an idea (Credit to XDA Forum). why not (if it is possible) let members with 100 or more post have less restriction? i am referring to the point brought forward by Sorcerer.
Actually it is not possible through vBulletin. :oops: No such option.

TDF forums are on one the slowest loading forums, please consider changing your hosting....why are you hosted in the US ? How about a dedicated server,somewhere in Europe ? I am sure you are not short on $$
I think just changing from Apache to nginx or lightppd might do the job. But then I don't work for Digit. :(

Last edited:

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member

+1

Well...feedback thread is still on?? :shock:

So many problems, and admins doesn't listen at all, won't blame mods, as they really listen us and inform admins about the issues. But we just don't want them to listen and sit quietly, but also to take actions(which they don't do at all).

At least I don't see any fix after the last feedback thread. And many members left, and some members visit on weekends just to check what's going on(Including me :p)

Well, this things have been already discussed many many times, but they didn't took action and we lost many experienced, knowledgeable and helpful members.

Anyway...if possible ADMINS please modify the forum. Not just one thing, everything is messed up, if possible do a complete modification. Get the new version of vBulletin if possible.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
We have a new server now. And our forum now loads faster than any forum you'd name. yup, you heard it right. ;)

Regarding the many members who left, their wish. I've remained here since the day I registered regardless of every problem we faced. I'd also like to tell everyone that the activity of the whole forum in general has greatly increased since the last few months despite server outages.

Not just one thing, everything is messed up,
Please stop exaggerating. The only yet VERY HUGE problem which was left was the server being slow and MySQL errors. Both these problems should be FIXED now. I'll be switching back to the old Kirsch theme if people ask me to do so. This theme was meant to be light and help in decreasing the load.

J

Joker

digit for me is the best forum if u want to get ur problem solved...no other forum comes close in this and im fully aware of other indian forums which exist.

old tdf server = rolls royce :oops:
new tdf server = lamborghini reventon :twisted:

now where's the LIKE button when you need it!!?? :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

P.S: i'll consider this my b'day present from the tdf team. thnx to the mods and admins and all my friends here. :D

Last edited:

gagan007

Uhu, Not Gonna Happen!
Now that the site is fast and stable, maybe we can switch over to a new theme...or probably better, ico could tell us if we can migrate to latest vBulletin 4.1.2 (as on this date)...i know that would mean new license.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
yup, we do need a new theme. But I'm not the one who can change things and upload files to the server. :) vBulletin 4.1.2 is in the hands of ThinkDigit and 9dot9. Not me.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
@ico, can you edit the theme or change it so the links in posts are shown in orange or some other colour. cause of the forum bg colour, links are really hard to spot many times when browsing from PC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom