Not open for further replies.

aytus

The Boss
hi guys,
im planning to upgrade my PC. the specs im thinking to go with are
C2D E5200
Biostar Tp43d-a7
corsair 800mhz RAM (2gb x 2)
palit 9600 GT 512ddr3 (would it be worth waitin for 47xx from ati?)
segate 500gb hdd

while on the issue i,d like to ask if this setup would run ok on the "desi" probably intex or enter or something similar psu?? i am really hard pressed for cash and would not want to spend anything other then nessary. though i do plan on overclocking a bit .. if its too risky then i may spare 2.3k for the POV black diamond 400W smps .. but the thing is .. is that bit nessary? corsair vx450 sounds like a unfeasible solution atm ecnomically.
watching this space for ur valuable comments.

The Sorcerer

oh wow...Xenforo!!!
while on the issue i,d like to ask if this setup would run ok on the "desi" probably intex or enter or something similar psu??
Good enough to blow up your investments? Yes!! Running the system and using orthos blend test for 15 minutes (actually- its way lesser than that) to the max should prove my point.
i am really hard pressed for cash and would not want to spend anything other then necessary.
You would probably end up paying more when the systems gets damaged. Any pc component company policy states that if the system is burnt then the warranty has been voided.
though i do plan on overclocking a bit .. if its too risky then i may spare 2.3k for the POV black diamond 400W smps .. but the thing is .. is that bit nessary? corsair vx450 sounds like a unfeasible solution atm ecnomically.
watching this space for ur valuable comments.
Ditch overclocking- as it is you will end up spending on the heatsink, and stressing on the psu after OC will end up damaging system. Make sure if the psu can give atleast 20-30 amps on +12v rails with no hiccups on a stock system. I am curious- what's the resolution of your screen?

johnjjx

Ambassador of Buzz
get a cm460w for 2.4k odd...wud be good for you. vx450 is an outstanding one. For 3.5k there is no other psu like it. However indian market has hiked prices to near 4k. Damn tiruparti n other distris

OP
aytus

aytus

The Boss
Ditch overclocking- as it is you will end up spending on the heatsink, and stressing on the psu after OC will end up damaging system. Make sure if the psu can give atleast 20-30 amps on +12v rails with no hiccups on a stock system. I am curious- what's the resolution of your screen?

k.,. thanks.. sometimes. it takes some hard words like that to put things into perespective:lol:.. now i have decided to go a branded one . . choice is between POV 400 Watt and CM460watt .. ofcourse cm460 is bigger in wattage .. are thr any other pro,s it has over the other one.. ?? to justify the 500 rs. hike?? and btw im confused quite a bit . CM has almost 4 smp's on thr site .. the one listed at lynx .. probably from whr. im gonna buy is RS460-PCARA3,, is this the thing to be recokned wit/.? also in the specs it states that it has a 6 pin connector for the gfx card. is this compatible with cards needing 4 pin power ? also the card im gonna buy .. wud that be needing the same??

currently im running a LG crt on 1280*1024 resolution .. but in 6 months or so i plan to upgrade to maybe a 22" or 24" full hd screen.. dell or aoc maybe..

and the last issue .. can e5200 bottleneck this one??

first major upgrade in 5 and a half years from my initial P4 2.4ghz.. and its goin to be hell of an upgrade from integrated 845 to a 9600GT .. :lol::lol::lol:;-)

thanks again sorcerer..

comp@ddict

EXIT: DATA Junkyard
Go for this:-
E5200 @ 2.5k
Kingston 2*2=4GB DDR2 800MHz RAM @ 1.9k
Seagate 500GB SATA HDD @ 3.2k
Gigabyte GA-EP43-DS3L P43 @ 5.5k
Palit HD4850 512MB GDDR3 SONIC @ 9.7k
Corsair VX450W @ 3.9k

Spend the extra few 'x'k, you'll not repent later.

The Sorcerer

oh wow...Xenforo!!!
now i have decided to go a branded one . . choice is between POV 400 Watt and CM460watt .. ofcourse cm460 is bigger in wattage
umm...here's the thing. There is no standard to label a psu- so technically psu makers can put up any crap. Which is where good (and ethical- very few even on the internet since magazine ones are sometimes sellouts) reviewers step in to the rescue. cm 460w is good what you pay for. VIP silver 500w with active pfc(only the FSP fotron OEMs ones- the ul nuimber for those units are e190414) is a better option than abacel OEM pasive pfc based cm 460w extreme plus. See if you can find antec earthwatts 430w. Fantastic psu with active pfc. Not sure about the price. Do remember that if you are using a UPS, its best if those are simulated sine wave ones if you are planning to use an active pfc power supply.

also in the specs it states that it has a 6 pin connector for the gfx card. is this compatible with cards needing 4 pin power ?
4 pin power? Are you talking about the molex connector because pcie connectors are minimum 6 pin and 9600gt uses 6 pin pcie connector. Dont mix the 4 pin based cpu connector with molex or pcie connectors.

OP
aytus

aytus

The Boss
umm...here's the thing. There is no standard to label a psu- so technically psu makers can put up any crap. Which is where good (and ethical- very few even on the internet since magazine ones are sometimes sellouts) reviewers step in to the rescue. cm 460w is good what you pay for. VIP silver 500w with active pfc(only the FSP fotron OEMs ones- the ul nuimber for those units are e190414) is a better option than abacel OEM pasive pfc based cm 460w extreme plus. See if you can find antec earthwatts 430w. Fantastic psu with active pfc. Not sure about the price. Do remember that if you are using a UPS, its best if those are simulated sine wave ones if you are planning to use an active pfc power supply.

4 pin power? Are you talking about the molex connector because pcie connectors are minimum 6 pin and 9600gt uses 6 pin pcie connector. Dont mix the 4 pin based cpu connector with molex or pcie connectors.

my bad.. the pcie connector is indeed 6 pin.:oops::oops:

and please guide me .. i indeed use a ups.. in particular a liberton LITE ON .. 600VA,, . so what is the cheapest smps i can buy.. ? u seem to be the smps expert on the forum .. sorcerer:-o

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
Get a PowerSafe Gold 500W SMPS for 2.1k, which is still a good option to consider. Then buy a Aftermarket cooler for your proccy when u have some money , then you start OCing it. Thats it...

The Sorcerer

oh wow...Xenforo!!!
I know someone who is a UPS expert but not in this forums. Let me know what kind of ups it is in the first place. Also just as an FYI, in this day of age active pfc is a must by my standards if a person is buying a new system because that's the component that regulates AC power flow properly since the newer systems are more sensitive to any electrical surge and overload compared to older tech.

OP
aytus

aytus

The Boss
ok. thanks raj and sorcerer.. help appreciated. btw i am from punjab. do any of you happen to know where would i get the best deal in chandigarh? :now searchin the forum for the same:

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
Get it all from itwares.. reliable shop... but if u used to get it locally, then just enquire all dealers and get the one who quote least or reasonable price..

The Sorcerer

oh wow...Xenforo!!!
Lynx India and prime abgb are my recommendations. Lynx India is based on chandigarh. I will have to let you know though- the owner Amarbir is known for over enthusiasm and because of that he over promises. Other than that, there's no issue. Prime abgb is well established online and real time shop known for really good after sales support and nationwide shipment. I bought couple of stuff from theitwares. Not that I want to badmouth behind the back, but I wouldn't buy anything from him.

OP
aytus

aytus

The Boss
hi . yep .. bought from the Lynx. stuff i got is in my siggy. thanks for your suggestions guys.

OP
aytus

aytus

The Boss
*i397.photobucket.com/albums/pp60/aytus/2.jpg

well i think im runnin a lil hot ?? dont know much abut temps for these processors . comin directly from a northwood on this) but u guys think these are a bit high? any recommendations?

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
^^ I too had problems like this. Just apply the thermal paste evenly and fit ur HSF properly. This will help fix the problem..

OP
aytus

aytus

The Boss
well kinda yeah.. i think its kinda ok.. amarbir told me that he had run a quad 9550 and 4870 with the same . also told me that if i had any problems i can return it and get a better one. but so far so good. the graphic card had a six pin connector

The Sorcerer

oh wow...Xenforo!!!
amarbir told me that he had run a quad 9550 and 4870 with the same . also told me that if i had any problems i can return it and get a better one.
Why would he say this if he has run p550 with 4870? Either he didnt do it, or he didn't stress it to be sure. I have seen Amarbir pros and cons in other forums. He is a good seller, but his over enthusiasm comes in the way and I have seen that he does have some over confidence.

OP
aytus

aytus

The Boss
emm... anyone knows if this motherboard has FSB to DRAM ratio settings?? rit now im stuck on Default 1:2 . and wot about the limits of my memory? its corsair value ram rated at 800MHz .. anyone with first hands experience on wot it can hit ? do i need to relax its timings?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom