New Rig for 37k-38k (Max)

CFC_TrueBlue

Broken In
1. What is the purpose of the computer? (Note: If you are planning to say multimedia, you will have to be more specific as all types of systems are capable of doing that)
A:Quality movie experience, Basic Gaming nd Little bit of programming(Dataware housing)

2. Are you open to alternate ideas/products giving similar better performance but offering more VFM/ sellers? If not- why?
A:Yes

3. What is your MAX budget?
A:37 to 38 max

4. Planning to overclock?
A:nope

5. Which OS are you planning to use?
A:Windows 7

6. How much hard drive space is needed?
A:500 GB WD

7. What resolution will the screen run at & whats the size of the screen you want? If you already want have one and want to use it, mention its resolution and size.
A:I already have A LG led tv which I'm going to use as a monitor

8. How would you rate your hardware knowledge from the count of 1-10? (1 being the lowest, 5 being you are somewhat in sync with the current performers and 10 being the highest)
A:6

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
A:na

10. When are you planning to buy the system?
A:Mid December

11. Are you one of the types looking out for "future proof" configurations?
A:Yup

12. Are there going to be any components that you don't want to include in this new rig? If yes, do mention.
A:Monitor

13. Which city do you live in and are you open to buying from shops from other city/states?
A:Mumbai... Plannin to buy from Lamington Road

14. Mention any other points if deemed necessary
A:
I dont require a high end Graphics Card as I'm not goin fr high end games....\
I mostly do play sega manager nd all.....

I dont like NXZT Gamma plus for a cabinet..nd talking bout cabinets I wud lik sumthin lil attractive as well as useful one....
I kind of have an affinity for CM USP100.... But pls suggest if you have some btr options or there are some drawbacks in USP 100
KB/Mouse should be wireless

UPS is must but with limited period backup as I dont ant to spend much on the same

d3p

PowerHouse
The Purpose mentioned by you can be also achieved by a basic 30k rig. So let us know, the applications that exactly planning to throw at this config.

OK, then till then have a look at the below config.

Component | Make | Price Processor |Intel Core i5 2320|9300
Motherboard |MSI H67MA-E35 B3|4600
RAM |G-skill F3-10600CL9S-4GBNT(4Gx2)|2700
Graphic Card |MSI R6770-MD1GD5|6800
HDD |Seagate 500GB 7200.12|4200
DVD Writer |LG 22x Super DVD/CD R/W|900
PSU |FSP Saga II 500w|2200
Case |CM Elite RC430 Black |2500
KB & Mice |Logitech Wireless Combo MK260|1000
UPS |APC 800VA|2800
Speakers |Logitech Z313 |1500
| Total |38500

Last edited:

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
^^ I recommend the APC 650VA for the above config atleast. Will give more decent backup times.

d3p

PowerHouse
Yes, i thought of suggesting him a 800va otherhand, but have a look at the comment in the last row from OP.

UPS is must but with limited period backup as I dont ant to spend much on the same

OP
C

CFC_TrueBlue

Broken In
Thnxxx guys for ur suggestions......

But no 1 has commented on USP100

nd please suggest few othr cabinets cause CM Elite RC430 Black is not that attractive.....

d3p

PowerHouse
Coz, no one here will ever ask to you get funky stuffs by sacrificing performance.

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
@OP: beside d3's suggestion, you may modify processor with i5-2400 @9.6K

And for your USP 100 query, the simple answer is: when we make any rig, we think about such cabinets which will last next 10 years quite easily. And no other cabinet can beat NZXT Gamma on the durability & build quality field.

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
And for your USP 100 query, the simple answer is: when we make any rig, we think about such cabinets which will last next 10 years quite easily. And no other cabinet can beat NZXT Gamma on the durability & build quality field.

if you mean to say elite 430 has bad build quality compared to gamma. then you are wrong unless you tested them side by side.

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
^ Don't mean to OT this thread. check visitor message. Further discussion can be continued over there. :)

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
Thnxxx guys for ur suggestions......

But no 1 has commented on USP100

nd please suggest few othr cabinets cause CM Elite RC430 Black is not that attractive.....

try to get a NZXT Source 210 Elite for 2.9k. best under 3k cabinet IMO.

elite 430 is also good but cable management can be a problem with new users.

Cilus

laborare est orare
CFC_TrueBlue, please specify the resolution of your TV. Is it a full HD (1920X1080 or 1080P) one or HD ready (1366X768)?

The Op's requirements are
Quality movie experience, Basic Gaming nd Little bit of programming(Dataware housing)

For this I guess, we need to provide him a good quality speaker at least and a good sound card if possible. The kind of task he has asked for
1. Movie: Any quad core processor will do more than fine.
2. Light gaming: Any good quad core with a good Gfx card
3. Dataware Housing: An AMD 6 Core is a better option. Database operations are highly multi-threaded. You can check the Anandtech CPU Bench 1090T vs i5 2400 and will find out that in multi-threaded apps, in almost all cases 1090T is ahead of 2400. Even 1075T is ahead of i5 2400.

So I want to modify the config a little:-

AMD Phenom II X6 1075T (3 GHz, 3MB L2 Cache, 6MB L3 Cache, Turbo Boost 3.6 GHz) @ 8.4K
Gigabyte GA 880g-USB3 @ 4.8K
Inspire 5.1 T6100 @ 3.8K

Total is around 40K.

OP
C

CFC_TrueBlue

Broken In
@Cilus: Talikn abt the datawarehousing part, I'll not involve in hardcore coding... its just for clearing few exams... so no worries on multi threading part.....

I've selected the below components for my rig..... Please help me out whether I'm missing out on some important part....Do give the current prices of the same

Processor: AMD X4 Phenom II 970 BE Deneb 3.5 GHz Motherboard:
Motherboard: Asus M5A 88M MB
Graphics Card: Sapphire Radeon HD 6670
Ram: Gskill Rip jaws 1600 MHz 4GB
Hard drive: WD 500 GB SATA
DVD Burner: Asus 24X SATA Black DVD Writer
Cabinet: CM 690 Pure Black cabinet
PSU: FSP SAGA II 500W
Audio: Creative SBS 2.1 A335
Kb/Mouse combo: Logitech Wireless MK250
Ups: APC 600VA

OP
C

CFC_TrueBlue

Broken In
Thnxxx everyone for ur replies.........

Can ny1 pls help me out with a genuine shop at Lamington Road?

The reason for this is that one of friend was cheated at Lamington road......

He had issuess with his DVD Rom as well as MB from the day when he bought his new rig.....

OP
C

CFC_TrueBlue

Broken In
Had one query Guys

Which of the below speakers wud be a best choice.....

Altec Lansing VS2621
Creative Inspire T3130
Sony SRS D5
IBall Tarang
lOGITECH z313

Please quote their prices as well

Tenida

Gadget Freak
Had one query Guys

Which of the below speakers wud be a best choice.....

Altec Lansing VS2621
Creative Inspire T3130
Sony SRS D5
IBall Tarang
lOGITECH z313

Please quote their prices as well

I will say to go with Altec Lansing VS2621.:wink:

Skyh3ck

Cyborg Agent
You can go to Primeabgb, it is best..... Note down the product name and prices from here....

Best of luck with your purchase...

Top Bottom