New pc under 35k rs

bhajasur

Right off the assembly line
Guys I want to change ma CPU..... I would be using hdd,monitor,mouse,DVD drive,keyboard from previous pc..... Pls suggest me new config..... Any help would be appreciated..................... Thnks in advance.....

Utkarsh Sharma

Journeyman
Answer these questions first *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/pc-components-configurations/149943-asking-new-pc-help-answer-these-questions-first.html so that we may help you more efficiently.

OP
B

bhajasur

1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans: mid to high level gamng

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans:30-35k rs( extended upto 37)

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans:yeh...... i m planing to overclock cpu and gpu

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans:windows 7

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans:i ll be using seagate baracuda 500 gb of prev pc

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans:
no...... i ll use old one...... 16.5 inches
7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans:

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: in 2-3 monts

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans:two times previousy

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans:lving in goa( can prchase online if necessary)

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans:

panwala95

In the zone
first of all you wont be able to buy a mobo+processor which overclocks
second you should spend more on the gfx card
i suggest this rig-
cpu -Intel Pentium G620 2.60 GHz Processor-rs 3530
Theitdepot - Intel Pentium G620 2.60 GHz Processor
mobo-Gigabyte GA-B75M-D3H 32GB DDR3 Intel Motherboard-rs 4645
Theitdepot - Gigabyte GA-B75M-D3H 32GB DDR3 Intel Motherboard
Power Color Radeon HD6870 1GB GDDR5 ATI PCI E Graphic Cards -rs 12270
Theitdepot - Power Color Radeon HD6870 1GB GDDR5 ATI PCI E Graphic Cards (AX6870 -1GBD5-2DH)
Corsair Builder Series CX500 V2 500W Power Supply -rs 3905
Theitdepot - Corsair Builder Series CX500 V2 500W Power Supply (CMPSU-500CXV2)
G.Skill 2GB (1 x 2GB) DDR3 Desktop RAM X2-rs1530
Antec NSK 4480B Computer Cabinet W-O PSU-rs1500
Theitdepot - Antec NSK 4480B Computer Cabinet W-O PSU
total- rs 27380
if you want to spend more money you can either buy a better gfx card or a i3or entry level i5

@panwala95: IMHO, that is not a very good rig which you have suggested.

@bhajasur: I would like to first ask you two things-

1) Would you be upgrading your monitor in near future. Because if you are not, then mid to high end gaming on a 16" is simply not done. Even an entry level gfx card would be able to pull off almost all games. I would suggest that you include a new monitor in your purchase list.
2) Since you would be buying in 2-3 months, I would suggest that you ask then. No use asking now, as the prices might be different then. We may also have newer products in the market.

panwala95

In the zone
this rig is clearly cheaper than the op's budget he could could go for a i3 or i5
personally i dont find the difference in gaming performance between a sandy bridge pentium and a i3 worth rs 3000 especially if you cant o'c either
they perform identically in games

But dear friend, gaming is not the ONLY thing a user has to do on a PC. Sure, the OP has mentioned that he wants a gaming rig, but then you also need good processor for many more things. A sandy bridge pentium should only be suggested for cash starved rigs and not someone with enough money to buy an i5. And 2GB RAM? Come'on dude. And the OP can do much better than the Antec NSK you mentioned.

OP
B

bhajasur

@panwala i agree with black night.
@black night i wold be upgrading monitor in less than 6 months. when ma uncle comes dwn from usa he s gonna bring one as ma b'day gift so no worries about that. and also i might buy it in -3 weeks lso. depends...... and will 2gb ram suffie the games??? i can get a 4gig ram for around 1800 on flipkart

Here you go

Core i5-2320 - 11k
MSI H67MA-E35 (B3) - 4.6k
Corsair Vengence 4GB - 1.7k
Seasonic S12II-520W - 3.9k
Seagete 500GB HDD - 3.9k
NZXT Source 210 Elite - 2.6k
Zotac NVIDIA Geforce GTX 560 - 10k

And don't even think about getting anything less than 4GB RAM. As for overclocking, it would be very difficult to including an overclockable rig within 37k. If overclocking is VERY important to you, then AMD would be the way to go. But frankly, go for Intel. You won't need to overclock...

Sainatarajan

Wise Old Owl
Dont get Corsair Vengeance , get Corsair Value Ram 4 GB @ 1.3K . The speed will be lowered to 1333 Mhz , even IF you buy vengeance .

d3p

PowerHouse
I too agree with The Black Knight. You must upgrade your monitor in the upcoming days.

If gaming is the only priority, then intel i3 with 6850/550ti will do most of the jobs, provided Overclocking won't be possible.
If Gaming with OC is the priority in this budget range, then AMD Phenom 690T + 6870 will be a complete VFM choice.

Otherwise increase your budget to 50k atleast in order to afford a Non - Overclockable Intel i5 Quad Core Gaming Rig. 60k atleast for Overclockable Rig.

Here goes your options.

ComponentProductPrice
ProcessorAMD Phenom II 690T6900
MotherboardGigabyte GA-970A-UD36500
RAMGskill RipjawsX 4GB (4GBx1) 1600MHz CL91600
GPUHIS HD6870 ICEQ12000
HDDSeagate Baracuda 500GBReused
Optical DriveLG Super 24X DVD R/W900
PSUSeasonic 520II S123600
CabinetCM Elite 3111800
MonitorBenq G2222HDL7500
KeyboardLogitech Media K200400
MiceLogitech G400 1800
UPSAPC 600va1800

Total 44k including Monitor.

panwala95

In the zone
hey @ black night i suggested 4 gigs of ram and also if the op just games then a pentium should suffice if not then its a different story...
and i request all users not to recommend lg dvd drives
they get spoiled very quickly
you should look out for either asus or hp (both 1.2 k)

d3p

PowerHouse
and i request all users not to recommend lg dvd drives
they get spoiled very quickly
you should look out for either asus or hp (both 1.2 k)

Both Asus & HP are good models, no doubt.

Hell i've used two LG DVD R/W till date. One with my p4 from 2005 - 2009 [Sold the complete PC itself & still never heard about any issues]. The other one is currently being used from 2009 - today. burnt more than 500 CD's & DVD's. Nothing has gone wrong with it.

Utkarsh Sharma

Journeyman
I too agree with The Black Knight. You must upgrade your monitor in the upcoming days.

If gaming is the only priority, then intel i3 with 6850/550ti will do most of the jobs, provided Overclocking won't be possible.
If Gaming with OC is the priority in this budget range, then AMD Phenom 690T + 6870 will be a complete VFM choice.

Otherwise increase your budget to 50k atleast in order to afford a Non - Overclockable Intel i5 Quad Core Gaming Rig. 60k atleast for Overclockable Rig.

Here goes your options.

ComponentProductPrice
ProcessorAMD Phenom II 690T6900
MotherboardGigabyte GA-970A-UD36500
RAMGskill RipjawsX 4GB (4GBx1) 1600MHz CL91600
GPUHIS HD6870 ICEQ12000
HDDSeagate Baracuda 500GBReused
Optical DriveLG Super 24X DVD R/W900
PSUSeasonic 520II S123600
CabinetCM Elite 3111800
MonitorBenq G2222HDL7500
KeyboardLogitech Media K200400
MiceLogitech G400 1800
UPSAPC 600va1800

Total 44k including Monitor.
Your config is good. But the proccy is 960t not 690T.

Top Bottom