New PC reboots

The Sorcerer

oh wow...Xenforo!!!
You should not do any testing/stress-testing with a substandard psu in the first place. Even if you change the psu, chances are that this psu might have damaged something (or it is a DOA- can't say without diagnosing which hence leads to the first sentence of this comment) so do the needful and switch to either 2 of the ones recommended above and then we'll continue with the troubleshooting steps.

CA50

Cyborg Agent
My PC restarts not freezes..
And I am unable to complete the hdd diagnosis because it takes around 1hr in extended test and my PC restarts in this time..once at 40% next time it happend at 60% till that it was fine..
Quick test shows no problems found..

thats what i said, if its restart then there is something wrong with power not hdd.

Have you cleaned your ram slots??

OP
A

Ankit2695

Broken In
The PC is just 4 days old,what can be wrong with the RAM slots??

I think the iball 250W PSU is responsible for it..
Shall I get a zebronics or iball 350W???

CA50

Cyborg Agent
^ if your system is 4day old then there is nothing to worry, sometime with time the ram slots accumulates dust which give rise to pc problem

Zebby is better then iball

asingh

Aspiring Novelist

Both of those are crap. Seriously. Get a better PSU.

Reseat the RAM slot once.

As Asingh said, both brands are crap.
You should look into brands like corsair, cooler master, seasonic, etc.

OP
A

Ankit2695

Broken In
They are out of my budget..
1.5k max...

changed the RAM slot..
Nothing..
The problem still persists..

changed the RAM slot..
Nothing..
The problem still persists..

The Sorcerer

oh wow...Xenforo!!!
Did you ask for the rig advice before purchasing it? There's really nothing to advice other than getting a decent enough psu. If you would have put up a thread earlier asking for a config draft, someone would have helped you out and given a balanced system rig. PSU is as important as the core config itself.

OP
A

Ankit2695

Broken In
Yaa i did..all the other members suggested FSP Saga 2 for my rig but at that time decided to go with my earlier PSU but the assembler that day brought and fixed the iball one..I tnought It was 400w because the model number last digits were 400 so i said okay..
But I have found out tha it's a 250w PSU...
Sorry..

root.king

geek in action
i think his GPU needs more power thats y these restarting issues are coming out,better to change a good PSU. Good luck.

hey once remove GPU and work with it then send a feedback.if pc not restarts in this case you should have to change your psu , i dont have any better idea,.good luck man.

saswat23

Human Spambot
Yeah, take out the GPU and see if this problem still persists.
BTW have reinstalled ur O/S. Might be s/w bug too.

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
^^ Yes it will be enough for an i3 540 and 5670 combo. Get it. Your current psu is really bad and insufficient.

Top Bottom