New Motherboard required

avinandan012

Cyborg Agent
Hi all,
I am looking for a mobo & DDR3 ram 4GB for my PIIx4 955 cause for some reason my older mobo ASUS M3A78-EM ' PCIx16 slot is not working after a BIOS update :cry:. See my older thread .

Features required on mobo :
1. onboard graphics
2.1 PCIx16 (Gen.2 will suffice) slot

Budget : 6k

i am looking into Biostar A880GZ Motherboard

& corsair value ram

if any body has a better suggestion by increasing the budget please do suggest .

Last edited:

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Biostar mobos are good but the mobo you have selected don't has support for BD cpus.

for the price Asus M5A88-Mis aso very good - supports all of the AMD's latest cpus including yours.

BTW, if you don't need onboard gfx then you can get a more Oc friendly mobo under 7k.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
why do you require onboard gfx in the first place - if it's for safety ( backup gpu solution ) reason then at 9k you can get a good OC friendly mobo + a backup gpu.

For the mobo consider getting Gigabyte GA-970A-UD3 @ 6.6k

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ that's indeed a good mobo but the cpu vrm area has no heat sink and it's 4+1 phase only mobo - Gigabyte GA-970A-UD3 @ 6.6k is lot better though it has no IGP but for IGP Op can always buy a cheap 1.5k/2.5k priced gfx card later.

joe

From NoWhere
Ok, if Gigabyte GA-970A-UD3 is available then go for it. i have Gigabyte GA-880g-usb3 M/B @ 6k,
at the time of purchasing this M/B is only available in the market. The other one is GA-990 @ 9 to 10 k.

Go for GA-970A-UD3 or the ASUS M5A97, both will suffice for medium overclocking but as the Gigabyte mobo has 8+2 phase VRM, its recommended to buy that if you are going to hit 4Ghz+ overclock.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ in short : yes though the process may be tedious and lengthy.

BTW, if you need to do it make a new thraed for that.

Top Bottom