New HDD slow as hell !!!!

coolnikk

Journeyman
Hi guys,

My laptop hdd just died on me so got it replaced it from dell as it was under warranty now the issue with new hdd has shown up but don't know what to make out of it.The thing is that the new games,extraction and compresion of huge files is just taking too much time.So i used hd tune and it shows that there are "communication errors cables may be damaged" and strangely there are no cables the hdd is just directly seated in a bracket on the port .Its a toshiba MK5076GSX hdd (the new one) and the temps are also too high currently at 55-60.So what to do should i get a new hdd or what ???

tkin

Back to school!!
Hi guys,

My laptop hdd just died on me so got it replaced it from dell as it was under warranty now the issue with new hdd has shown up but don't know what to make out of it.The thing is that the new games,extraction and compresion of huge files is just taking too much time.So i used hd tune and it shows that there are "communication errors cables may be damaged" and strangely there are no cables the hdd is just directly seated in a bracket on the port .Its a toshiba MK5076GSX hdd (the new one) and the temps are also too high currently at 55-60.So what to do should i get a new hdd or what ???
If you can open back panel and take the hdd out and put it back, do it, see if that solves anything, else take it to dell, its faulty.

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
If the laptop is under warranty, go to service center They will replace it.
If it is out of warranty, then replace the HDD by yourself.

OP
C

coolnikk

Journeyman
If you can open back panel and take the hdd out and put it back, do it, see if that solves anything, else take it to dell, its faulty.

actually the hdd is not accessible from backplate, it will require me to open the entire laptop.

OP
C

coolnikk

Journeyman
will do it on monday and also can anbody tell where can i get these Vengeance® — 8GB High Performance Laptop Memory Upgrade Kit (CMSX8GX3M2A1600C9) in mumbai

is there any corsair rep on td or atleast any authorized distributer/retailler of corsair in mumbai

Top Bottom