ShankJ

Been There, Done That!!
My friend has decided to buy a 1 TB external hard disk and given me the responsibility to find one within the budget(strictly 5.3K)..

Presently have decided to go with WD My Passport which is available for 5.2K at Nehru Place..

Any other suggestions??

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
Buy Seagate Backup Plus 1TB @5.15K
That is the best HDD available in 4-5K range.

Last edited:
OP
ShankJ

ShankJ

Been There, Done That!!

Budget can go up to 5.5K if necessary..

OP
ShankJ

ShankJ

Been There, Done That!!
Is it better than WD My Passport?? If yes in which sense?

How is Seagate's customer service???

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
My passport drives have horrible USB3 speed. backup plus have very good USB3 speed.
From this post of mine:
From my experience:
Seagate Backup-plus 1TB HDD (USB3 port and it also have sata port)
When I plug it in USB2 port, transfer speed becomes ~45-50MB/sec. (Source drive: OCZ Vertex 3 128GB SSD)
When I plug it in USB3 port, transfer speed becomes ~55-60MB/sec. (Same source drive)
When I plug it in a SATA II port, transfer speed becomes ~50-55MB/sec.
When I plug it in a SATA III port, transfer speed becomes ~55-60MB/sec.

Go figure.

OP
ShankJ

ShankJ

Been There, Done That!!
My passport drives have horrible USB3 speed. backup plus have very good USB3 speed.
From this post of mine:

Go figure.

The written speed is around 150Mbps!!

Which one would you suggest.. Going to buy it this Thursday so you can do a little research and tell.. i have no idea in this line..:ashamed:

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
don't think too much.more than write speed it is the reliability which matters most in case of hdd.just search google for seagate & WD portable drives issues & then decide for yourself.also unless you are transferring 100gb's of data every day difference in write speeds is not an issue.for average user looking to transfer few gb's of movies/music even 35MB/s speed is good enough unless you consider a minute of your day worth thousand.

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
The written speed is around 150Mbps!!

Which one would you suggest.. Going to buy it this Thursday so you can do a little research and tell.. i have no idea in this line..:ashamed:

MEchanical drives can't utilize the total power of USB3. As a user of Seagate Free agent go, WD My passport, Seagate backup plus, I would suggest you to buy backup plus over WD my passport on any-day.

Top Bottom