Whistler81

The One and Only
guys, i recently upgraded my pc and got the following Hardware-
Intel Core 2 Quad q8300 2.5GHz
Intel DG41KR motherboard
2GB DDR3 RAM
ATI RADEON HD4350 graphics card
320GB hard disk (sata)

I had installed Windows & ultimate in the beginning but then formatted and installed Windows XP Professional SP2. The problem is, at certain times my pc hangs and nothing is clickable, Alt+Ctrl+Del combination does not bring up the Task Manager and i have to restart. I do not understand what may be the problem. Please tell me what may be the causes for it and suggest a solution. This thing is making me feel the upgrade was just wastage of money.

please hep.​
Regards

Jripper

Pro/An---tagonist xD
Did u install windows 7 at the beginning??
Maybe it did not get uninstalled/formatted properly.
Check

satyamy

Alive Again...
did it freezes at anytime or while using any particular application ?

checkout the temperature...... and let us know

slugger

Banned
Did you also change the RAM? I too faced a similar issue that was sorted out by replacing the RAM.
You may check out the details of my problem here

VarDOS

15.0 GHz
^ I'm too facing the same problem after running heavy applications like HD Movies or Counter Strike.

OP
W

Whistler81

The One and Only
Guys i think i know what is the problem.... (let me know if you agree) the ram is ddr3 alright but it is 1333 but my motherboard box says ram should be 1066 what should i do??????? is this thing effecting my pc please help.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Guys i think i know what is the problem.... (let me know if you agree) the ram is ddr3 alright but it is 1333 but my motherboard box says ram should be 1066 what should i do??????? is this thing effecting my pc please help.

i not think its a cause. i7 officially support 1066Mhz rams. so if 1333Mhz rams kits are used, it'll power down to 1066Mhz & will work. however the timing or PSU maybe the real cause. lets see what others says about it.

Cool Buddy

Wise Old Owl
If the board box says it should be 1066 MHz, it will run at that speed, doesn't matter if it is 1333 MHz. In my old PC I had plugged in 400 MHz RAM while it supported only 266 MHz (Those were old days). It might be heating issue. Download Speccy and check the system temperatures. Post the temperatures here. Hard disk should be around 50, proccy around 55 & gfx around 80 (degree Celsius of course). If it is much higher than this, you need extra fans.

OP
W

Whistler81

The One and Only
Installed Speccy v1.01.132 and the temperature readings are as follows...
processor 52'C
graphics 50'C
hard drive 43'C
RAM ferq- 533.3Mhz
i still can't figure out where the problem is.

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
^^
His system is not 'new'. It is an LGA775 package, which is perfectly compatible with Win XP.

Do the following, and do them all -- in this order:

0. Eject the DIMMs/GPU. Blow hard on the dock slots, re-seat them.
1. Reset the BIOS of the motherboard.
2. Update GPU drivers to Radeon 10.4a.
3. Go to the Intel website, and get the latest chipset drivers for your system. Just over lay them over the current installation.
4. If still on WinXP download the latest Dx9 update it. Overlay. If Win7 do (4) and download Dx11. Overlay.
5. Fully patch your OS. Pull all updates from the net, irrespective of the OS.
6. Download RealTEM + Prime95. Run a sensor test, and post the screen shot here. Make sure, 2x worker threads are running for the test.
7. Post screen shots of CPU-Z. I want CPU, Mainboard, Memory, SPD tabs.
8. Post a screen shot of GPU-Z.
9. Download HD Tune PRO, and run "Error scan" on all your physical drives.
10. Download MEMTEST and run tests on each stick (alone) -- let it run till 100%. If you have 2 sticks, keep only one stick in place, run the test.

Also, I had asked you in the third post about your PSU, which you never told. If you want to run around in circles, you are most welcome. Also please update your signature, so the whole configuration is visible. It is quite a pain traversing, up and down to understand what I am posting about. Thanks.

Cool Buddy

Wise Old Owl
Temperatures are just fine. Try to update the drivers or reinstall Windows XP. If nothing is helping, ask the vendor before warranty expires.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
My motherboard is MSI P35 Platinum (Socket 775). And it most definitely incompatible with XP.

it should be. moreover P series don't have any onboard graphics so a video card is necessary. so that card will most probably decide if its compatible or not. also P3* series was launched when XP was at high, i see no reason for it to be incompatible with XP :???:

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
^^
And mine is MSI P45 Platinum. I ran Win XP 32 BIT and 64 BIT on it, for like 3 months..?

See this page for the P35 Platinum overview. It is clearly mentioned "Because of the limitations of chipset, this MB does not support Win98/ME". And if you go to the drivers tab on the same page, you can find drivers for XP.

From where you got the information that it is not compatible with XP.

OP
W

Whistler81

The One and Only
Hey i am sorry i did not provide info about the psu. u see it is not of a very well known brand. All i know it is a 420-440V smps. Thanks for your help i will do exactly as you suggested. I am Getting the Fellow home form whom i got the stuff and make him fix it.

and another thing please tell me more about your rig. There are quite a few things i want to know about such as MSI P45 Platinum|E7400@4.0Ghz@1.432V|Hyper212|TWIN2X4096-8500C5(5-5-5-15)@2.1V|HD4890[Xfire].

kalpik

In Pursuit of "Happyness"
^^
And mine is MSI P45 Platinum. I ran Win XP 32 BIT and 64 BIT on it, for like 3 months..?

See this page for the P35 Platinum overview. It is clearly mentioned "Because of the limitations of chipset, this MB does not support Win98/ME". And if you go to the drivers tab on the same page, you can find drivers for XP.

From where you got the information that it is not compatible with XP.
Well, my board never played nice with Win XP.. Used to hang etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom