New Hardware| Freezing Software [Please help]

Status
Not open for further replies.

kalpik

In Pursuit of "Happyness"
^^
And mine is MSI P45 Platinum. I ran Win XP 32 BIT and 64 BIT on it, for like 3 months..?

See this page for the P35 Platinum overview. It is clearly mentioned "Because of the limitations of chipset, this MB does not support Win98/ME". And if you go to the drivers tab on the same page, you can find drivers for XP.

From where you got the information that it is not compatible with XP.
Well, my board never played nice with Win XP.. Used to hang etc.

VarDOS

15.0 GHz
I tried these things and now My PC is fine.

1) Change the CMOS battery.
2) Rub the RAM with an pencil eraser.
3) In BIOS change the RAM settings, CPC Override : Automatic

OP
W

Whistler81

The One and Only
Guys, thanks your your help, my pc is now error free. Formatting did the trick. Initially, i was suspecting virus problems and so got the hardware wala home and he suggested formatting but i tried scanning the hard drive first. Recycler had infiltrated my hard drive so i enabled SuperHidden files and performed a boot time scan using avast 5 which detected 25 unique viruses with a whole lot of other stuff. after that the PC felt much free but ultimately i formatted my drive once in for all. Thanks for your help. There is however another thing that i need help reguarding.. the hardware i mentioned in the first post were purchased last month and i have to pay Rs.32000 for it. I feel i am being charged a lot extra. Please tell me the exact price of the hardware for details here is the link *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=126792

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom