New GPU question

Hey,

I Have a Gigabyte GA-G31M-S2L mobo and a Mercury 450W PSU
I plan to upgrade my Graphics Processor to a XFX Radeon 6670 GDDR 5 1GB card.

Will the mobo and SMPS support this card or will I have to do a full upgrade?

Tenida

Gadget Freak
Gigabyte GA-G31M-S2L has PCI Express x16 slot.So you can install a PCIe graphics card.Before you do that, you need to change the PSU.Go for FSP Saga 500 watt@2.2K or Corsair CX430V2@2.5K.And
for graphics card Sapphire or MSi HD6670 will do good.But avoid XFX because of pathetic service of Rashi peripheral

OP
lethalweaponforever

lethalweaponforever

Journeyman
Thanks for the replys.

I'll look into the Sapphire/MSI options.
And I think I'd rather spend Rs. 500 more and go for a Cooler Master 500W from the Extreme Power Series than go for a Corsair 430W.

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
^^Better check this before buying- *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/power-supply-cabinets-mods/147389-power-supply-blacklist-thread-newbies.html

Tech_Wiz

Wise Old Owl
CM Extreme Series is a nice gift for persons who you don't like :p

Seriously Don't buy that. Get anyone of what Tenida Suggested above. Both are lot RELIABLE than CM one.

sukesh1090

Adam young
@op,
go for corsair cx 430 or fsp saga 500w and please avoid CM extreme series power supplies for god sake.

ssb1551

Technomancer
CM Extreme Series is a nice gift for persons who you don't like :p

Seriously Don't buy that. Get anyone of what Tenida Suggested above. Both are lot RELIABLE than CM one.

:rofl:..nice sarcastic reply!!Good one.

@ OP - pay heed to forum member's words otherwise you would surely regret one day going with that time-bomb i.e CM Extreme!!

Cilus

laborare est orare
CM EXTREME -- The Extremist PSU which will led everything inside your Cabinet to dust by Suicide bombing using weakly designd detonator.:grin::grin:

Top Bottom