New Gaming Rig - Good Budget

Status
Not open for further replies.

nish_higher

Wise Old Owl
@nish_higher
is that an issue with ALL Corsair PSU's? In that case I can't even get a VX 550W.
Can someone recommend something within 5K at ratings of around 550W - maybe Antec TruePower Trio 550W or the Antec NeoPower 550W - the prices and if they are available in Mumbai.
Also, Can't decide on what cheapo card i can get right now. how about the Mercury 8600GT - I think its around 3K and maybe I can sell it for 1K in 3-4 months - warranty and everything. Any other suggestions about the card?
its not a problem actually.all PSU's with active power factor control would require a sine wave ups.yup u cant get a VX 550 too.u will have to buy a good ups for that supply.

graphics card- for 3-4 months - 9600GSo or 8400gS.depends on u.Ati's are releasing pretty soon so i'd suggest not to spend more than 5k on ar card now.
oh btw- MSI P7N SLi is very oc friendly.and there's nothing special in Asus boards.
and any non- SLi certified psu will be a bottleneck when u get a 4870X2.

OP
K

Kush6

Broken In
So can I use a 500VA or 650 VA APC UPS for these PSUs - the Corsair 550W looks nice.
Maybe the 8400GS - its some 2K. But will this run on a PCI-E2 slot?

nish_higher

Wise Old Owl
So can I use a 500VA or 650 VA APC UPS for these PSUs - the Corsair 550W looks nice.
Maybe the 8400GS - its some 2K. But will this run on a PCI-E2 slot?
u can try :)
i've spent last whole month in this.
it doesnt give backup at all.a small fluctuation and pc is off.
i'd suggest going for a Antec PSU rather but then again the 550W model has PFC.so u will need a good ups.

every pcie 1 card runs on pci2.0.

btw google for XFX 8800GT heating issues.it doesnt matter if the rig runs properly but it increases the ambient temperatures to a large extent which isnt good when u have oc'ed ur proccy.no game will evr crash with these heat issues.even my 8600GTX electric stove edition runs 24/7

OP
K

Kush6

Broken In
Its definitely a great card - never doubted that, in fact one og my friends got a XFX 8800GT Alpha Dog edition on my recommendation - but I was talking of overheating on the 8600GT not the 8800GT. Also, MSI and Gigabyte offer similar performance at cheaper prices for the 8800GT.
Anyways, Any idea how much the Corsair VX550W costs? And is the 8400GS PCI-E2 compatible?

nish_higher

Wise Old Owl
Its definitely a great card - never doubted that, in fact one og my friends got a XFX 8800GT Alpha Dog edition on my recommendation - but I was talking of overheating on the 8600GT not the 8800GT. Also, MSI and Gigabyte offer similar performance at cheaper prices for the 8800GT.
Anyways, Any idea how much the Corsair VX550W costs? And is the 8400GS PCI-E2 compatible?
afaik all 8 series below 8800GT are PCI-E 1.0
every PCI-E card works in PCI e 2.0 slot.

btw its not the xfx 8600GT that heats now- UDF 3 model has some improvements.its the XFX 8800GT that heats.
for corsair prices-
lynx-india.com

OP
K

Kush6

Broken In
Lynx india does not have the VX 550W - the Antec True Power Trio is 5.5K and for that I could just get a Corsair TX650W at 6K. All lost here - mybe I should just get the CoolerMaster 600W and be don with it or maybe a VX 450W will suffice for the 4870 - hoping it will somehow. I wonder if the VX 550 can be found at around 4.5-5K on Lamington Road. And yeah, I'll run the card for maybe 1-2 months max so which do I get then - 8400GS or 8600GT - 2.5K and 4.5-5K respectively? Any specific brand? Are any of them resealable - bad question but can't resist to get back some cash here.

@sam9s
By the way, any bad experiences with Vista x64 Ultimate? I will buy Ultimate so I can use either 64bit or 32 bit. I also have an XP installation here on my comp which I'll transfer to the new one effectively getting a dual boot - I can keep Ubuntu on this comp then.

johnjjx

Ambassador of Buzz
Mercury 8600gt 256ddr3 at 3k.;-)
Antecs r robust psu bt they arent great vfm. Get a corsairhx620. If u getin 4870 later. Take it fr future upgrades.:)

OP
K

Kush6

Broken In
K. Great then - mercury 8600GT with the TX 650W. That should be fine - now lets see when I can go to Lammy - the later the better - I might not have to buy the temporary card at all! Thanks guys - updating configs on the first page.

cooldude1

Broken In
Let me know atleast so if i dnt have anything in stock i can arrange the same for u

@Rahul
I don't think I'll find everything on Lamington road so I probably will order some stuff from theitwares. By the way, don't you have any Antec PSUs. They aren't listed on the site. Prices seem impressive though.

OP
K

Kush6

Broken In
@sam9
Thanks for the - I'll have Vista x64 but with XP x86 just to be on the safer side.

@Rahul
I mentioned earlier - do you have any Antec PSUs? I'll let you when I've had a round of lammington road.

All this will cost me nearly 66K. So I have 14K for the card left - hope I can stretch this a bit - I wonder how much will the HD4870 will retail for. Any guesses anyone?

Last edited:
OP
K

Kush6

Broken In
K. I'll stick to that unless i can find the Corsair VX550W. Mainly beause with a 4870, There is no way i'll run two cards.

OP
K

Kush6

Broken In
Hey guys,
I went to Lamington Road today and got the quotes from PC Guide, Computer Gallery and Mahavir Electronics (thanks mastermunj). I was a little suspicious of two of the quotes though - the WD 640GB AAKS drive at 4.7K - is that okay?
Also, I found the Dell 2008WFP at 13.2K at computer gallery which I think is a little too high (I made the mistake of telling them that PC guide told me 15K(!!!) and its 13.5K at the site only). What do you guys think the price should be on the street for this monitor?

ultimategpu

AMD & ATI FANBOY
:cool:
MY EXCELLENT GAMING RIG FOR 55K TRY THIS ITS PRETTY AWESOME

AMD phenom x4 9550 (OC 2.6ghz)
ASUS M3A mobo
palit hd 4850 (oc 650/1033)
seagate 250 gb/ext-500GB e-sata/160 gb int
LG dvd writer 20x
cooler master extreme power 600watts psu
zebronics casing antibiotics
creative XI-FI gamer
creative M5300 5.1
Logitech G15 gaming mouse
Logitech MultiMedia keyboard
Viewsonic 22 inch gaming monitor

:cool::cool::wink:

imgame2

Padawan
Hey guys,
I went to Lamington Road today and got the quotes from PC Guide, Computer Gallery and Mahavir Electronics (thanks mastermunj). I was a little suspicious of two of the quotes though - the WD 640GB AAKS drive at 4.7K - is that okay?
Also, I found the Dell 2008WFP at 13.2K at computer gallery which I think is a little too high (I made the mistake of telling them that PC guide told me 15K(!!!) and its 13.5K at the site only). What do you guys think the price should be on the street for this monitor?

prices are going higher and higher for PC components so u can expect any price for the components ...but surely its very high cos WD640Gb was available for 3.6k few weeks ago

no need to of suspicious prices are going higher due to dollar getting stronger on rupee :mad:

frankly its difficult to tell correct price for anything in coming weeks ...it will be higher no matter what ...

imgame2

Padawan
oops i m sorry someone else revive this thread so i thought its new ....i m sorry guys ..

thnaks for correcting me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom