New Gaming Rig - Good Budget

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
K

Kush6

Broken In
Poked around a bit - seems 18th June is a tentative date - hope they keep India in the loop.

@dOm1naTOr
No steel series minipad there although I could order the everglide min at 600 bucks. have you tried the site - seems like the prices are 6 months older? Is it safe to order? Dunno about the G11......

Last edited:

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
ya
i noticed. Most of the steel series products has been removed. Two of my friends got last year from them.
u can try mailing them

moshel

Padawan
steel series and everglide are officially available in india. check out their website to find out the distributor.

cooldude1

Broken In
Hi

Rahul here from TheITWares

I can give u the best prices for these all around mumbai

Motherboard: MSI P7NSLI PLATINUM NVIDIA nForce750iSLI C55 1066 FSB

Pendrive: Corsair 4 GB CMFUSB2.0-4GB

Cabinet: Cooler Master RC690 CM 690 (Transparent Side panel)

Power Supply: CoolerMaster RS-500-ASAA Real Power 550W (OEM)

Graphics Card: EVGA 9800 GTX SSC 512MB DDR3 - Considering SLIing 2 8800GTs or maybe SLI the 9800GTX next year.

CPU Cooling: Thermalright Ultra 120 Extreme

Case Cooling: Logisys 4 Blue LED - 120mm X2

mastermunj bought these Evga 9600GT KO , Corsair 4 GB from me coz he could'nt find thm in lammy i have them at the best of the prices.

Also let me know abt the other products too

PM me or Call me u can et my no. on theitwares homepage .... let me know

OP
K

Kush6

Broken In
Sounds nice. I'll go looking for prices in Lamington this week and inform you.
By the way, there seems to be issues with compatibality with MSI board and Real Power series form Cooler Master. Also, I can't verify if the RAM is compatible.

Look here please. *forum.msi.com.tw/index.php?topic=117636.msg886420#msg886420

So what do I do about the PSU?

@moshel
Thanks. I'll just check them out.

johnjjx

Ambassador of Buzz
the vx450 is awesme psu...dud....though rated 450w it can ooze out 530w check reviews n has no match at 3.5k....n corsair it is:D
gskill rams cost 1x2gb = 2.4k
WD 640gb AAkS is not more than 4.5k

OP
K

Kush6

Broken In
Thanks johnjjx.
I'll check out the reviews of the Corsair PSUs. Might also consider Antec.
I was planning on 4GB, so I'll get 2X2GB - just in case I ever want to have more - so I'll stick with trancend or check out corsair - something less than 5K.
Thanks for the price info of the WD Caviar.

@moshel
Everglide ship directly to india - not worth it for just a mouse mat, Steel series have shops in Chandigarh, no use to me but there are 3 online retailers - checking out techshop.in - nice site - get an estimate of prices but a little expensive.

EDIT: Just saw some PSUs. I'm considering the Antec NeoPower 550W, The Corsair VX 550W and the Antec True Power Trio 550W. Can anyone tell me some prices for these. I want to be sure I can use an SLi setup - just in case.

Changed PSU and the Samsung Drive. Still don't know if the RAM is compatible though.

Last edited:
OP
K

Kush6

Broken In
K. Then Thank. All set - going for a Corsair TX650W. RAM I'll stick to Trancend and I'll ask the dealer to return it and get a corsair in case it is not compatible with my board. Also, I'll get a 8800GT and sell it off after a few months to see what I get when the new GPU powerhouses are released. Just some last questions - Which do I get? MSI 8800GT OC or Gigabyte 8800GT OC? Does the MSI model have Cooler like The Gigabyte one - a Zalman? And is it okay for me to assemble my PC - I've never done it beforee but I'll read the manuals and stuff - or should I get it done by someone experienced - I've never done it before myself. I'll go to lamington Road tomorrow to purchase so please suggest which of the 2 cards I should get? Thanks all.

Last edited:

nish_higher

Wise Old Owl
K. Then Thank. All set - going for a Corsair TX650W. RAM I'll stick to Trancend and I'll ask the dealer to return it and get a corsair in case it is not compatible with my board. Also, I'll get a 8800GT and sell it off after a few months to see what I get when the new GPU powerhouses are released. Just some last questions - Which do I get? MSI 8800GT OC or Gigabyte 8800GT OC? Does the MSI model have Cooler like The Gigabyte one - a Zalman? And is it okay for me to assemble my PC - I've never done it beforee but I'll read the manuals and stuff - or should I get it done by someone experienced - I've never done it before myself. I'll go to lamington Road tomorrow to purchase so please suggest which of the 2 cards I should get? Thanks all.
corsair PSU is one of the best out there. and those gigabyte use old versions of zalmans on 8800GT , 9800GTX and 9600GT while leadtek uses newer versions.but finding leadtek would be difficult.so go for MSI

btw u'd need to spend 8.5 k on a UPS too,APC SUA 750i. Corsair psu's have active PFC that require pure sine wave UPS.othere UPS's dont provide a backup in this case even if its a fluctuation.so consider both things first.
btw if i were u i'd go with a cheap card and get 4870 later rather than wasting on a 8800GT now and selling it later at a very cheap price

mastermunj

In the zone
config is pretty good..

just few small suggestions...
If you are spending so much on total config, go for value RAM, it will cost you 1000 more for 4GB RAM..

G-Skill 2GB Stick with heatsink is available at 2400.

Check out if you can go for it..

You will easily get it at Prime ABGB. I believe they have decent stock for G-Skill RAM.

Also try for Seagate HDD, they have 32MB buffer to raise performance... I have one 500GB and its very very smooth and pretty fast..

OP
K

Kush6

Broken In
@sam9
Wow, and I thought 4GHz was extreme. However, I won't need anything above 3.5Ghz - RAM speed will become a bottleneck for overall performance then - and a Quad here is definitely more futureproof - since I have to put up with this sytem for over 3 years. You might recommend a Q9300 but it just isn't that good an Overclocker - mainly because of the 7.5x multiplier compared to 9x on the Q6600 and the Q9450 is beyond my budget. I may be a little stubborn here - sorry - but I kinda read too much about the Q6600 and haven't ever heard anything bad about it.
The Samsung drive - I never blindly follow anything - I just saw the performance/price ratio and saw it was a good deal - obviously forgetting to take into account the longevity of the drive. Mistake accepted and thanks a lot for pointing that out to me - changed the drive drive promptly.
ASUS board - I wasn't talking about the defect - my point was the support in India is abysmal and as you say, this can happen to any product so I think I will go with one where I'm safe with the warranty. Also, I might point out that for the NVidia 750i chipset, EVGA 750i FTW is THE best board available, albeit a little expensive at 11.5K. The MSI on the other hand is just 8K and is pretty good in its own right - especially the heatpipe and cooler on it and its a pretty good overclocker as I've read from reviews. It may not be the best in performance but again the price/performance ratio is truly unique.

Sticking to the RAM - either Trancend or if they are as cheap as mastermunj says, then I'll buy the G-Skill - hope they are compatible with the board though. Trancend Latencies aren't great but at least they are way cheaper than the corsair. Thanks for the latencies.
PSU - Yeah the TX650W costs 6K. Changing. Changing the graphics card also, taking nish_higher's advice.

@nish_higher
is that an issue with ALL Corsair PSU's? In that case I can't even get a VX 550W.
Can someone recommend something within 5K at ratings of around 550W - maybe Antec TruePower Trio 550W or the Antec NeoPower 550W - the prices and if they are available in Mumbai.
Also, Can't decide on what cheapo card i can get right now. how about the Mercury 8600GT - I think its around 3K and maybe I can sell it for 1K in 3-4 months - warranty and everything. Any other suggestions about the card?

@Rahul
I don't think I'll find everything on Lamington road so I probably will order some stuff from theitwares. By the way, don't you have any Antec PSUs. They aren't listed on the site. Prices seem impressive though.

OP
K

Kush6

Broken In
mmmm well I wont suggest MSI at any cost I dont think MSI BIOS is as OCing friendly as is of ASUS. After ASUS I'd still go for Gigabyte. Anyway you go ahead and OC with MSI lets see how that performs.
Not a problem - they have released 2 updates for the BIOS already. Seems good from the looks of it - Its an American Megatrends BIOS contrary to the standard Phoenix Award BIOS used by other companies - but it doesn't mean its a bad thing - will keep you guys posetsd on the OC when I get this setup.

Why arent you going for coolermaster xtreme 600. . I have got an 8800GT, 4 Drives, 2 DVD RWs and 8 fans in total and machine is OCed as well. I got it for 3600 and its performing flawlessly.
I had thought of that but the MSI boards have problems with Cooler Master Real Power Series so I thought I might as well go for some other brand altogether. If I don't have an option within 5K, I'll just buy that only - what the heck.

What ever you go for 8600 or 8800 plz opt for XFX.
Why specifically XFX? - some other brands have better offerings. You seem to be a big supporter of them - By the way, the XFX 8600GT has some serious heating issues.

mayanksharma

Ambassador of Buzz
Why specifically XFX? - some other brands have better offerings. You seem to be a big supporter of them - By the way, the XFX 8600GT has some serious heating issues.
XFX is one of the leading GPU manufacturers for many years! However, true...these days there are better offerings with other brands also. And yep, XFX 8600GT UDF7 had serious heating issues. But that doesnt apply for all its cards. :p I'll still prefer XFX over any other brands in any specific scenario.
Gigabyte 8800GT OC with Zalman cooling is definitely an excellent choice. Btw, as per ur saying...if u are going to sell the GPU after some time...then invest in something profitable. Like, 9600GSO! ;)

OP
K

Kush6

Broken In
Yeah. I do plan in selling it off. Can you tell me why you would consider the 9600GSO more profitable choice? Also, does it have PCI-E 1 support or only PCI-E2?

johnjjx

Ambassador of Buzz
Al pcie 2.0 crds r backward compatible.;-)
I stil prefer corsair vx450. Dud ppl r runnin 88gtx on it. Check reviews its best for 3.5k. It gives 530w peak pwr.

OP
K

Kush6

Broken In
Will check it out pronto - I just am not sure about 530W being enough especially since I'm looking at the HD 4870 as a possible option. Is the UPS problem nish_higher stated here also, then, I'll have to look elsewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom