New desktop for around 25-30k

OP
azbokikr

azbokikr

Broken In
^^ I think i'll stick to the BenQ G2420HD monitor. Dell U2311H is very very tempting, but it'll overshoot my budget by a good 3-4k.

Reading comparos between the G2420HD and the P2350, there doesn't seem to be much of a difference in terms of image quality between the two. So i'll go for the one with the bigger screen. I'll try and drop in at Croma tomorrow and see for myself if there's a significant difference between these two.

Thanks for all the help. I'll let you know what the final purchase looks like. Monitor is the only variable as of now. Rest of the spec is frozen.

P.S: i had a misunderstanding about HDMI and DVI-D. Since you get converters for them, HDMI is no longer an absolute necessity.

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
hdmi can chanel both high def audio and video whereas dvi-d can only channel high def video. In personal computers, one doesn't need hdmi and the image quality is absolutely same for both connectivities as they are digital as opposed analog in case of vga.

Hdmi matters in hometheater setups as receivers don't have dvi-d's and they also have to channel audio signals. So thats not a make or break deal in case of computers and panel quality matters most. But hdmi is always welcome addition as you can always connect additional devices, for eg. say consoles. You can attach a ps3 to your monitor and game if it has an hdmi port.

OP
azbokikr

azbokikr

Broken In
guys,

Gigabyte 880gma is not available. Only the 880gm is available. Msi 880gma- e45 is also doubtful. Any other options?

OP
azbokikr

azbokikr

Broken In
Hi guys,

Finally bought the rig yesterday. The motherboard unavailability did overshoot my budget a bit.

Rig bought:

Processor :
AMD Athlon II X4 640 @ 4.2k
Motherboard :
Asus M4A88TD-M EVO/USB3 @ 6.8k (!) (How good or bad is this?)
RAM : Corsair 4GB DDR3 1333MHz @ 2.4k
HDD : WD Caviar Blue 500GB x 2 @ 3.3k
Cabinet : CM310 Elite @ 1.6k
PSU :
Corsair VX450 @ 3.5k
Monitor : BenQ G2420HD @ 10.2k
K/B+Mouse:
Logitech USB Combo @0.65k
DVD Writer: LG @ 0.8k
UPS : APC 650VA @ 2.8k

Total : 36.25k

Apart from the motherboard, i feel it is over-spec given my requirements, i'm pretty happy with the purchase. 2k over budget though.

OP
azbokikr

azbokikr

Broken In
The build is complete. Picked up a 6 month old used XFX HD 5770, 1GB DDR5 GPU for 5.5k. That should be more than sufficient given my usage.

saswat23

Human Spambot
The build is complete. Picked up a 6 month old used XFX HD 5770, 1GB DDR5 GPU for 5.5k. That should be more than sufficient given my usage.

A new HD 5770 is available for just 2k more. The old one would have been a little cheaper though. But still ur config is a very good one.
Congrats.
Why dont u post pics of ur new rig..

Top Bottom