New build freezing randomly and ports stop working..

akhilc47

Journeyman
Hi,
I just built my new pc two days ago. It's working really great but only for 10-20 minute approximately. Then either it will freeze and bsod will come or speaker will stop working and starts giving some noise or keyboard will stop responding. If it's keyboard that stopped then replugging it solves the issue. What could be the problem? Could any of my hardware be faulty. I really need help. My config is as given below,
and fx 6300
m5a97 r2.0
corsair vengeance 4gb
gt 630 1gb ddr5
seasonic 520w
apc 1.1kva
please help

OP
akhilc47

akhilc47

Journeyman
If it's wrong assembly then it shouldn't start at all,right? How can I check which one is wrong,i.e mobo or ram?

Cilus

laborare est orare
It looks like Motherboard Issue to me, not Ram problem. If the Ram is faulty then the system will be restarted without any BSOD. Could you please note the temparature level of the CPU in different conditions (idle, load) using tools like CoreTemp or HWMonitor?

Gollum

Collector
can you post the BSOD STOP error code?
*What is the OS installed
*have you tested by keeping the unit powered on in the BIOS - check if it stays on or shuts down after 20 minutes
*is the PC overheating by any chance

OP
akhilc47

akhilc47

Journeyman
Actually regarding the ground issue, PSU came without a third pin for grounding. It just had a hole in the place of third pin. So I am using a normal three pin cable which I had from my previous PC. I thought it won't be safe to use a cable without ground pin. Should I change it?

I am always checking the temperature of mb and cpu and both seems to be running really cool. Idle mobo 35,cpu 45 or less. Even with load it didn't even cross 55. I'm using AIsuite for monitoring temp. Temperature doesn't seem to cause any trouble.

Gollum

Collector
Actually regarding the ground issue, PSU came without a third pin for grounding. It just had a hole in the place of third pin. So I am using a normal three pin cable which I had from my previous PC. I thought it won't be safe to use a cable without ground pin. Should I change it?

I am always checking the temperature of mb and cpu and both seems to be running really cool. Idle mobo 35,cpu 45 or less. Even with load it didn't even cross 55. I'm using AIsuite for monitoring temp. Temperature doesn't seem to cause any trouble.

I think it might just be the PSU cable. You definitely need the earthing connected to the PC or you might just be killing it.

OP
akhilc47

akhilc47

Journeyman

Hrishi

Anyone who thinks OP might have some bad/corrupt drivers installed ?? I have seen some cases where inappropriate drivers caused BSODs/freezes after running for couple of minutes.
Is there anyway OP ,you can get a hold of BSOD error screenshot , mini dump ? Could help a lot to know which component its coming from.

OP
akhilc47

akhilc47

Journeyman
==================================================
Dump File : WD-20130810-1411.dmp
Crash Time : 10-Aug-13 2:11:33 PM
Bug Check String :
Bug Check Code : 0x00000117
Parameter 1 : fffffa80`065444e0
Parameter 2 : fffff880`04bf6e30
Parameter 3 : 00000000`00000000
Parameter 4 : 00000000`00000000
Caused By Driver : dxgkrnl.sys
Caused By Address : dxgkrnl.sys+1f8a0
File Description : DirectX Graphics Kernel
Product Name : Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
Company : Microsoft Corporation
File Version : 6.1.7601.17514 (win7sp1_rtm.101119-1850)
Processor : x64
Crash Address : watchdog.sys+a577
Stack Address 1 :
Stack Address 2 :
Stack Address 3 :
Computer Name :
Full Path : C:\Windows\LiveKernelReports\WATCHDOG\WD-20130810-1411.dmp
Processors Count : 6
Major Version : 15
Minor Version : 7601
Dump File Size : 449,491
Dump File Time : 10-Aug-13 2:11:33 PM

Filename : nvlddmkm.sys
Address In Stack : nvlddmkm.sys+13be30
From Address : fffff880`04abb000
To Address : fffff880`055a0000
Size : 0x00ae5000
Time Stamp : 0x51c41788
Time String : 21-Jun-13 2:06:16 AM
Product Name : NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver, Version 301.42
File Description : NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver, Version 301.42
File Version : 8.17.13.0142
Company : NVIDIA Corporation
Full Path : C:\Windows\system32\drivers\nvlddmkm.sys

Filename : ntoskrnl.exe
Address In Stack :
From Address : fffff800`0304f000
To Address : fffff800`03639000
Size : 0x005ea000
Time Stamp : 0x4ce7951a
Time String : 20-Nov-10 2:30:02 AM
Product Name : Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
File Description : NT Kernel & System
File Version : 6.1.7601.17514 (win7sp1_rtm.101119-1850)
Company : Microsoft Corporation
Full Path : C:\Windows\system32\ntoskrnl.exe

These are three bsod that has happened. It looks different each time,idk. But I've a big doubt regarding that earthing issue.

Hrishi

@OP , try it without the Graphics card and let us know if the problem still persists.
It appears to be an issue with the graphics drivers from the looks of the above post.

If the problem persists after removing graphics card+graphics driver then boot the system into safe mode and see if it still gets triggered.

If there's seperate fans for various components then ensure that they are not clogged and the components are well within thermal margins.

Apparently an update to the most stable driver till date is highly recommended.

Last edited:
OP
akhilc47

akhilc47

Journeyman
can you post the BSOD STOP error code?
*What is the OS installed
*have you tested by keeping the unit powered on in the BIOS - check if it stays on or shuts down after 20 minutes
*is the PC overheating by any chance
windows 7 x64 sp1.
bios is also freezing!!! Temp is 45 for cpu and 31 for mobo inside the bios. Seems like my mobo is fried! :-(

My mobo doesn't have a video output port. It needs a card so can't test it :-(

root.king

geek in action
It looks like Motherboard Issue to me, not Ram problem. If the Ram is faulty then the system will be restarted without any BSOD

no . just last month also I got the same problem ; & found that 1of ram is faulty but in BSOD that's showed graphics driver problem

@op 1st do proper grounding to pc , otherwise you'll fry everything

OP
akhilc47

akhilc47

Journeyman
1. why is a good company like seasonic giving cable without a proper grounding??
2. This is what happened, I installed windows 7 when I was still using 2pin cable. It was working fine. I mean windows 7 installation didn't freeze or anything. And it did took more than 20 minutes. After that I was trying to manage my cables and successfully closed the side panels of case. Then again when I tried to boot and suddenly no display was coming. Then I was trying to sort out the issue and changed ram slot and changed the power cable to proper 3 pin cable. Even then no display was coming. Then I undid all the cable management I carefully did and pressed the memOK button in mobo. after that everything started working. I installed couple of games and while I was playing GRID 2 speaker stopped working and gave some weird noises. From there onwards pc is freezing after 20 minutes or so EVEN in BIOS!!
I hope my problem is clear to you guys. By the way I think may be I damaged mobo/ram/gpu when I used that 2 pin cable. Now what option do I have? Can I claim for a faulty mobo/ram/gpu?? Please reply

Minion

Conversation Architect
windows 7 x64 sp1.
bios is also freezing!!! Temp is 45 for cpu and 31 for mobo inside the bios. Seems like my mobo is fried! :-(

My mobo doesn't have a video output port. It needs a card so can't test it :-(

Most probably your motherboard is faulty but your system dump is suggesting it is graphics card related try uninstalling and then installing updated driver.

OP
akhilc47

akhilc47

Journeyman
As I said I have pressed MemOK button in motherboard once and it started blinking for a long time. Then I had to press reset button on case to stop and reboot the computer. What exactly does that button do? Could it have done something bad to my system when I stopped it abruptly. I don't have any spare RAM or MOBO to check.:-(
Also I'll go home less frequently. So couldn't do much testing. Another thing is MOBO doesn't have an onboard video so I'm completely helpless. Can I return these components just saying it's faulty? Will they test it and give back. Any help would be really appreciated. Thank you

Gollum

Collector
As I said I have pressed MemOK button in motherboard once and it started blinking for a long time. Then I had to press reset button on case to stop and reboot the computer. What exactly does that button do? Could it have done something bad to my system when I stopped it abruptly. I don't have any spare RAM or MOBO to check.:-(
Also I'll go home less frequently. So couldn't do much testing. Another thing is MOBO doesn't have an onboard video so I'm completely helpless. Can I return these components just saying it's faulty? Will they test it and give back. Any help would be really appreciated. Thank you

If you bought stuff locally, take it to a computer repair shop and show it to them, they will have spare parts and if another graphics card or system board or ram make it click then you will know where to go from there. Of course, you will have to pay extra money. still lesser than getting new parts just for testing.

Top Bottom