New AMD Config giving Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

kuld33p

Broken In
Hi Guys,

I recently bought .. ASUS M3A78-EM with Phenom 9850 Black Edition..Patriot 2GB 800Mhz..
Its been only 2 weeks now.. and i have started to face some problems...

Below are the issues and facts that i have collected..

• PC Hangs and i have to restart it..
  • I am not overclocking.. Its on default settings.. I even tried to Underclock ma Procce to 1.6 but it still gives me same problem.. even if i am not doing anything. then also it hangs..
  • It seems like procce is too HOT.....(its with stock Cooler)
  • I have tied both VIsta SP1 and XP SP3.. both giving same problem..(Vista was giving problem while running dreamscene)
  • Power light is always on (dimm) even if i shut down my PC.
  • In BOIS under HW info or something.. it shows
CPU Temp 55-60 C
MB Temp 45-50 C

and in voltage section It shows Red in one of the voltages which is 2.3 or something...

I had an old Compaq Cabinet and PSU (Not compaq PSU is local) in which i have installed everything.. So except PSU and Cabinet everything is new..

I yesterday bought a new KB as well because my PC ate the KB as well..the KB lights were on even if the PC was off..and power light is on (dimm) as mentioned earlier.

Guys what can be the problem.. and there was some sound related issues as well with the MOBO..

Do I need to Dance here to get your attention Guys..

I hope someone here is competent enough to answer these questions.

So please guys help me..

Last edited:

ultimategpu

AMD & ATI FANBOY
i too using same mobo with x49550 ------------> i dint get any prob with vista --------->
actually u r rite that psu ---------> i was using 450 watts but it not enough so i bought CM 600 extreme power now the proc is doing great try to add more power to proccc:rolleyes:

imgame2

Padawan
@kuld33P ...its most definitely ur PSU problem .Phenom 9850 Black Edition ...is a power consumption hog ...u need to get a better PSU for that beast to run better ..its by far the most power hungry processor in the mark IMO

amitash

Intel OCer
Probably a psu problem and also dont use the bios to monitor temps use coretemp...AFAIK the cpu is under 40-80% load during POST so u get relatively high temps in bios

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom