Netbooks can play HD videos ?

icebags

Technomancer
who can tell if the netbooks ( brand/model ? ) can play HD videos of atleast 720p flawlessly ? :D

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
AMD Fusion Zacate based netbooks. HP dm1/z is one which I know. Much much better than Intel Atom based netbooks in every aspect. No idea if they are readily available.

Goten

Banned
Full Hd can only be enjoyed on resolutions of 1440*900 and above i guess. So i think netbooks by hcl can play it but after resizing the video by a ratio of .75.

Do u have any hd videos i mean 1080pi.

Coz i have 2....One is a music video and the other is X-Art....U know what i mean.

I mean to say who has real hd videos in india. They are insanely large in size. I am not talking about 720pi people. Many has that but thats just HD ready. Secondly why do u want to run hd videos on a netbook. Do u own a hd camcorder. If u are into editing and viewing them then do not go for a weakass netbook. As of now netbooks are dead. Laptops and pads rule.

Peace~~~!

OP
icebags

icebags

Technomancer
I agree netbooks are not as capable as laptop/ destops, but my friend does not like their form factors and weights and wants to get rid of them. He has a 19" monitor though and we hope netbook comes with a VGA port as well.

As for the supply of HD items, there are plenty - youtube has lots of 720p, movie trailers come with full hd videos and more effectively, shops have rack full of blue rays.

:)

Last edited:

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
is there any HCL netbook such ?
I've no idea about HCL.

Regarding, AMD's Zacate, E-350 based netbooks are the ones which you should be looking for. E-350 has a dual-core processor and a HD 6310 class GPU on the same die and amazing battery performance.

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
I've no idea about HCL.

Regarding, AMD's Zacate, E-350 based netbooks are the ones which you should be looking for. E-350 has a dual-core processor and a HD 6310 class GPU on the same die and amazing battery performance.

When will dell release amd zacate based netbooks? Any idea buddy? Want to get my hands on one.

OP
icebags

icebags

Technomancer
is HP dm1/z available in indian stores? what could be the price?

if this is expensive, suggest something < 20k please.

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
^^ I am also looking for some good zacate based netbook. They are simply terrific. They haven't made to indian markets yet.

Last edited:

Symbianlover

Always on net
i think to play full HD the requirment is-Blueray player and a monitor(1080P).so netbook can't play hd video.my friend has A DELL studio 15 laptop and i have a samsung netbook which one i recently buy.
So i want to say that my friend download avatar in the 1080p from torrent and he is able to view the video coz his screen is 1080p but i am unable to play the movie in my netbook.That is it.

garashis

Broken In
Check these Asus 12 inchers with faster processor and 2 GB ram
Asus 1215T
Asus 1215P
HP Mini 110 Series 110-3607TU (Red)

bhupendra

Right off the assembly line
Well i checked hp dm1-3014 at HP world in ahmedabad a week ago.
The specs are AMD E350(1.6ghz), AMD 6310 graphics, 2 gb ram upgradable upto 8 gb, sound from altec lansing and W7 Home Basic. The dealer also agreed to upgrade to 4 gb ram with total cost of around 28000. Anybody had any luck on this at lower price? or with atleast W7 home premium?

Top Bottom