" NET SEND " is making me crazy !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

destroyme

Broken In
Hi frnds, i just learned abt ths new utility of cmd i.e NET SEND - to send message across LAN or Internet ........ but now this utility is making me crazy these days .

As u all know that we are always in a LAN of our ISP ....and i want to contact all these workstatons on workgroup domain coz i know that all these computers belongs to my society only and we can be frnds through LAN ......
then one day i came across this utlity of cmd through which machines can send msgs to diff. machines in a network if their messenger service is ON ....
NOW i'm getting a bit impatient b'coz i know i can transmit msg to the network but NO one can recieve it ....coz their messenger service is Disbaled .....:???:

So is there in any method through which i can make them see my msg ??:confused:

OP
destroyme

destroyme

Broken In
well nothing much .... simply :

net send * " my message "

Else whatever i do it always endup with some error/system error which gives me a error no. ans sometimes tell me to type NET HELPMSG error no.

[xubz]

"The Cake is a Lie!!"
destroyme said:
So is there in any method through which i can make them see my msg ??:confused:
It was purposefully disabled by microsoft.

Because, net send <ip-address> "message" Works too.. So Insta-Spam :mad:

*en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Messenger_Service

OP
destroyme

destroyme

Broken In
[xubz] said:
It was purposefully disabled by microsoft.

Because, net send <ip-address> "message" Works too.. So Insta-Spam :mad:

That's why i'm asking for some alternative ...also how is it possible for me to know some-one ip-address if still that machine is in same network as i am ??

if it's possble then plz let me know or what else i can do ??:confused:

OP
destroyme

destroyme

Broken In
I think i'm done with it ...coz i'm finding noway out of this problem ...... :(

My frnd told me that
net send <ip-address> "message" Works too.. So Insta-Spam

but the fact is i'm still not able to send messages over LAN ( even if Port 135 is open ) ......

Did messenger service must be enabled on dest. machine even if PORT 135 is open :x :confused: :confused:

pramodv1988

Broken In
Hi

Yes, Messenger service must be enabled in the reception PC too. By default Microsoft has disabled this from starting in SP2.
I think u can tell every1 in ur society to startup this automatically so that any1 can send messages.

From run type services.msc and for the Messenger service ,make the startup type automatic .This should work

max_demon

IM AS MAD AS HELL!!
suppose i have to send message to my internet friend , i have his ip and messenger service running . what's the syntex

PS : he i not over LAN

nor am i

PraKs

Youngling
messenger service must be enabled

U cant not use Net send for out of subnet So its not possible as u said

It works on LAN, Router drops broadcast packet of messenger service

OP
destroyme

destroyme

Broken In
pramodv1988 said:
Hi

Yes, Messenger service must be enabled in the reception PC too. By default Microsoft has disabled this from starting in SP2.
I think u can tell every1 in ur society to startup this automatically so that any1 can send messages.

From run type services.msc and for the Messenger service ,make the startup type automatic .This should work

Thank U pramod !! i was of same view too BUT is there any way i'm still able to send any type of msg or anything to other PC ...now i'm thinking abt any HAcking procedure ( if it exists ) ??:cool:

and yaa r u sure we can send msgs through NET SEND over internet too ??
and if yes ...the how can we send a msg to a machine under a network ( i mean under a proxy) ??

pramodv1988

Broken In
Hi,

There are some hack tools but they are detected by all the anti-virus as trojan backdoor . So that is difficult to use.

go to command prompt and type only net send. You will be able to see the exact syntax.

For sending messages through the internet you need to know the ip address of the receiver.

OP
destroyme

destroyme

Broken In
Hey thanx guys !!!

Atlast now my conquest to know something abt net send is reaching it's first base .....but i knw i have to go far ahead ;)

Thanx to all who contributed in this thread to give their valuable suggestons

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom