Nero Updates - features and download links

What is your favourite CD/DVD burning software?

• Nero Express

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Record now

• Power 2 Go

• Ulead DVD Movie Factory

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
hcp006sl

hcp006sl

Journeyman
rollcage said:
I have one more query..

How to burn a CD that can be bootable,
so that it can run 32bit applications without running windowsxp,
like Norton Ghost 9.0?
Select the option CD-ROM (Boot) instead of CD-ROM (ISO) → a new tab 'Boot' will appear now, select the source of the boot image data. The source could be a bootable floppy or a boot image file (.IMA).

drvarunmehta said:
Why does Nero make you download the entire package everytime you make a minor update? Should people have to download 30+ MB for just a few features? These new features could easily fit in a patch of about 2-3 MB.

Obviously Germans have forgotten what a narrowband connection means. :wink: :lol:

-Keith

Charley

Just Do It
Keith Sebastian said:
drvarunmehta said:
Why does Nero make you download the entire package everytime you make a minor update? Should people have to download 30+ MB for just a few features? These new features could easily fit in a patch of about 2-3 MB.

Obviously Germans have forgotten what a narrowband connection means. :wink: :lol:

-Keith

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

rollcage

AMD user for 9 yrs!!
hcp006sl said:
rollcage said:
How to burn a CD that can be bootable,
so that it can run 32bit applications without running windowsxp,
like Norton Ghost 9.0?
Select the option CD-ROM (Boot) instead of CD-ROM (ISO) → a new tab 'Boot' will appear now, select the source of the boot image data. The source could be a bootable floppy or a boot image file (.IMA).

I had been using this method for long.... the bootable cd does run the file(norton ghost 2003) on the old computer AMD K6/2 500mhz & Asus P5A-B.

But for 6 months now i have to use the Windows PE cd, n run the ghost 8.0/9.0 windows edition... on the new rig.

What happens is when i boot the bootable cd,... as usual the dos comes up... when i run GHOST.EXE ..... the computer hangs at the ghost first screen.

This problem is on the new computer not on the old one.....!!!

The config is

navjotjsingh

Wise Old Owl
Re: NERO Anti-virus

hcp006sl said:
Well, guys, several discussions on nero update we have done.
Now can anyone tell me about NERO Anti-virus? Are you familiar with it? This is an exclusive feature of Burning ROM.
Burning ROM comes with a built-in anti-virus – the definition of which can be updated over internet.
– Did you known this?

Which world you live in. Nero does not have any anti-virus software. They don't make one. IS IT A JOKE?

Nero Antivirus? Ha! that's news to me.

BTW for those who don't know already - "Emperor Nero watched as Rome burned". Literature influenced the name of our favourite software - Nero Burning ROM.

-k

Charley

Just Do It
rollcage said:
hcp006sl said:
Now can anyone tell me about NERO Anti-virus? Are you familiar with it? This is an exclusive feature of Burning ROM.
Burning ROM comes with a built-in anti-virus – the definition of which can be updated over internet.
– Did you known this?

Is this comes in built... with... nero???:shock:

I wonder i never heard of it!

Maybe he's the only one who has got it ...... :lol:

OP
hcp006sl

hcp006sl

Journeyman
navjotjsingh said:
Which world you live in. Nero does not have any anti-virus software. They don't make one. IS IT A JOKE?
Keith Sebastian said:
Nero Antivirus? Ha! that's news to me.
achacko@dataone.in said:
Maybe he's the only one who has got it ...... :lol:
This is an exclusive feature of BurningROM.
Burning ROM comes with a built-in anti-virus.
When you burn a CD/DVD by Burning ROM you can choose option of 'Do a virus check before burning' and if you do it Nero will scan all the files to be written by its in-built anti-virus scanner.
You can also update the anti-virus definition file using the following steps:
Help → Update Antivirus scanner → OK. Nero will first search if there is any update available and if available it would download the update.

navjotjsingh

Wise Old Owl
Now I did what you said and found that Nero contains an antivirus software.

For manually downloading virus updates visit ftp://av.nero.com and download all the files and copy to C:\Program Files\Ahead\Nero.

They use Dr.Web (R) Anti-virus

Visit their official site: www.drweb.com

Charley

Just Do It
Keith Sebastian said:
Good find. But I think this will only scan files to be written. It's not a system wide virus scanner/protecter. Or, is it?

-Keith

My oh my, r u bonkers. It is used to scan indl files only during the burning process .. Its not an AV to scan the system.

achacko@dataone.in said:
Keith Sebastian said:
Good find. But I think this will only scan files to be written. It's not a system wide virus scanner/protecter. Or, is it?

-Keith

My oh my, r u bonkers. It is used to scan indl files only during the burning process .. Its not an AV to scan the system.

Isn't that what I meant? Or should I repeat it again? :wink:

-k

OP
hcp006sl

hcp006sl

Journeyman
QwertyManiac said:
What bout NERO Update package 3 ????

1,2,4 are ony there ???

Nero iiss the bbbbeeeessssstttt
Now included. Also with latest update 0f August 5, 2005.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom