Need your suggestion for a "(Hindu) Baby Girl Name!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
vilas_patil

vilas_patil

Journeyman
Hi Friends, Thanks for your wishes and the suggestions. I am so HAPPY to see your suggestions flooding my way. I am noting down selective names and would discuss the same with my wife. Lets see how the things will workout for us.
Thanks again guys/girls ... request you to post more suggestion as I have little time to finalize my baby's name :)

din

Tribal Boy
@vilas_patil

Hearty Congrats. May she bring a lot of joy and happiness to your life.

@max

LOL, you will not leave Genelia ? :D

Bandu

Journeyman
Hi Vilas Patil,

Congrats. Was your daughter born on 08.May.2009? That would be a Purnima right? (I am not sure)

If it indeed is Purnima on 08.May.2009, then name her accordingly. Something that resembles the moon. How about Purnima itself (or Poornima), Poonam, Chandralekha?

Regards,
Bandu.

Last edited:
OP
vilas_patil

vilas_patil

Journeyman
Hi Guys/Girls,
My daughter is born on 16th of March (almost 2 months old now). We do have some customs & 'Pooja' at my native place (near Latur dist), and also the program of name giving ceremony, which we have delayed due to my crunch schedule at office (I hate this recession :D ). Presently my wife and baby are at my native place.

On 16th of this month, I would be visiting my native place to complete all the necessary 'customs, Pooja' & also a name giving ceremony.

Well, having said all the factors for delay, I was searching for the baby names on internet from the day one and scanned almost all the websites that I could found on Google search. Apart from that even I wrote a 'permutation and combination' program (java) to find all the possible names extracted from the combination of my and wife's name 'V I L A S & 'N E E T A' (more that 35 lack comb), I wanted to create a name for my baby out of this 10 alphabets, failed to do so.

Altogether, I initially gathered 1000 names from websites, then filtered/re filtered it and got 10 final names, Somehow, my wife was not that convinced of few names from the list, and for the rest, my parents were not comfortable. All this process is leading me to confusion & frustration. But I am very clear in my mind to turn every possible stone to select the best possible name for my sweet baby.

I surf 'Think Digit forum' every day, I do read almost all the threads technical & non-technical. Today while doing the same a thought clicked into my mind, to post the request to all the digitians for the valuable suggestions and I would tell you, I am Over helmed with the way you all have responded to my post.

Few of you want to see the picture of my baby, pls mail me your email ids so I can provide you the link for the same.

Last edited:

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
Madhurima, Madhura, Mayura, Preeti, Kanika, Prateeksha, Swati, Vaibhavi, Radhika etc.

Bandu

Journeyman
Woha... u wrote a program for that. Nice.

Vilas and Neeta ... hmmm... how about Neelam?

If I am not mistaken, Vilas means "Glitter" and Neeta means "Modest".

If I were to derive some name from Glitter, I'd go for Roshni

Nothing comes to my mind for "Modest" at the moment.

Wish you all the best in your name hunting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom