RAM |Gskill Ripjaws X F3-12800CL9S-4GBXL|1650
HDD |Seagate 250GB 7200.12|3400
DVD Writer |ASUS 24X Sata Black DVD|1150
PSU |Seasonic SS-750JS 750W|5400
Case |NZXT Source 210 Elite White|2400
Monitor |Benq G2222HDL|7000
| Total |40092

that cabby is excellent. here it is available
NZXT Source 210 Elite White Steel with painted interior ATX Mid Tower Computer Case w/ Black Front Trim

Thanks Jaskanwar , but i am thinking of getting something more flashy and better than NZXT Source 210 Elite, so plz suggest accordingly, something in the likes of CM 690II Plus , CM HAF 912 or Corsair 400R .

OP
A

anaklusmos

Youngling
anaklusmos, if you're seriously thinking for Multi GPU setup in future then the MSI Z68A-GD55 is the best choice you got. The Biostar board has two PCI-E X16 slots running at X16-X4 speed. Hence only Crossfire is possible, Nvidia does not support SLI in X16-X4 mode. If very powerful cards like HD 7870 or HD 6950 is plugged in the X16 slot running at X4, there is a chance of bottleneck.

On the other hand GD55 has three X16 slots, running at X8-X8-X4, if three cards are plugged into it. It supports both SLI and Crossfire and there won't be any bottleneck. So take the decision as per your needs and future plans, not by seeing the feature is just there without any use for you.

Thanks a lot for the revise build.Yeah Cilius Cf/sli is going to happen especially if i take cards like 7950/6950 in about an year or so

Also thanks Jaskanwar, though i wouls like to ask u for a better cabby than the NZXT Source 210 Elite especially since i live in Delhi and NZXT is a bit difficult to find her. I was thinking more of like CM 690 II Plus, CM HAF 912 or Corsair 400R (Better not only in performance but looks too )

PS: I just extended my GPU budget to about 24k :hyper::hyper: so maybe even GTX 580 is not far out of my reach :mrgreen:

Plz anwer guys.... i need to decide the whole thing by tomorrow :S

Last edited:

Cilus

laborare est orare
If you've extended the budget for the GPU then wait until the end of January. At that time newly arrived HD 7950 might be available here. If so then get one of those rather than GTX 580.

OP
A

anaklusmos

Youngling
MSI Z68A GD55 B3 is not availible anywhere in delhi or the net...... what shpuld i do??

Even MD computers does not have it
BTW is MD computers reliable enough ??

OP
A

anaklusmos

Youngling
Even they dont have it, i called and asked thats why i know.
Biostar TZ68K+ (8k) vs MSI Z68A GD45 B3 (9.5k) which one??
Or should i take MSI Z68A GD65 B3 (12.5k) which is readily available.
I know i am not Dual-gpuing ryt now but i want to keep the option open in the future .
Plz suggest :S

Cilus

laborare est orare
Get the MSI Z68A-GD45 motherboard. IMO, it has better build quality and also better feature set.

robotsmani

Journeyman
Even they dont have it, i called and asked thats why i know.
Biostar TZ68K+ (8k) vs MSI Z68A GD45 B3 (9.5k) which one??
Or should i take MSI Z68A GD65 B3 (12.5k) which is readily available.
I know i am not Dual-gpuing ryt now but i want to keep the option open in the future .
Plz suggest :S

MSI Z68A GD65 B3 (12.5k) where it is available? i am also looking for MSI Z68A GD65 G3

OP
A

anaklusmos

Youngling
I wanted to thank every who helped me here :)
I finally got my pc yesterday :

i5-2500k
MSI Z68-GD65(G3)
Corsair Vengeance 1600 4GB
Seagate Barracuda 250GB
Corsair TX850 V2
CM 690 II Basic.

All of it came down to 42k

Now i wanted to ask whether i should buy a few fans to put in the cabinet and where to get them?
Also is there any way to confirm whether some cooling paste has been applied on the CPU without removing the heatsink fan on it, i mean through temperatures or any such estimation?

Cilus

laborare est orare
Check the idle and load temparature of the CPU using RealTemp. The idle temp shouldn't be higher than 30 degree C.

OP
A

anaklusmos

Youngling

Now i only have to by the monitor and GPU...... but it seems that the Benq one that is recommended in every build on this forum does not have a HDMI port so why recommend it??

Also seems 7950 will be out of reach even at 22k :sad: :cry:

Mr. Officer

Rookie
Happy New Year and congratulations for your new rig !!

Take a look at this and the same monitor here with 03 yr warranty...should compliment your new rig :wink:

Also, check the 21.5"

robotsmani

Journeyman
Hey...where you got the MSI Z68-GD65(G3) and what is the price? i was searching for it. didn't find and got the ASUS P8Z68 V/Gen3.

Congratz for your new rig...

OP
A

anaklusmos

Youngling
Hey...where you got the MSI Z68-GD65(G3) and what is the price? i was searching for it. didn't find and got the ASUS P8Z68 V/Gen3.

Congratz for your new rig...

I got the i5 + mobo for total of 24k from SMC. He wont tell me the individual prices even when i asked him.

Happy New Year and congratulations for your new rig !!

Take a look at this and the same monitor here with 03 yr warranty...should compliment your new rig :wink:

Also, check the 21.5"

Thanks man, but i was looking for something around 9k max.
As for the LG one u recommended, a friend of mine has it and personally the stand doesnt seem very strong and the monitor wobbles horribly with the slightest of pushes so i was not very keen on it :S .

Brazen

MasterZ of Yahooo !!!!!
^^ LG Looks Great But Benq G2222HDL @8200 (Fulll HD LED) is VFM with three years onsite warranty :) got same and am Extremely Happy with its looks & performance :thumbs:

@SMCinternational its showing 7600 INR but might that might not be updated one but if you got that @ 7600 my Suggestion is Rush ................... grab it

Mr. Officer

Rookie
I got the i5 + mobo for total of 24k from SMC. He wont tell me the individual prices even when i asked him.

I was in NP on 28/12 to get MSI R6670 and my exp wasnt something to write home about...that gentleman [sardarji] at SMC quoted me 5.6k for it and when I told him that the same is avail on their own site for 5.4k he asked me to buy online and pay freight charges on top but didnt match the price :shock:.

I finally got MSI R6670 for 5.4k from another shop [spyware]

As for the LG one u recommended, a friend of mine has it and personally the stand doesnt seem very strong and the monitor wobbles horribly with the slightest of pushes so i was not very keen on it :S .

Now, thats where first hand exp/info comes in handy because by just reading the specs and checking pics - its a clear winner !

^^ LG Looks Great But Benq G2222HDL @8200 (Fulll HD LED) is VFM with three years onsite warranty :) got same and am Extremely Happy with its looks & performance :thumbs:

@SMCinternational its showing 7600 INR but might that might not be updated one but if you got that @ 7600 my Suggestion is Rush ................... grab it

+1 to Benq G2222HDL :clap2: esp. after latest findings about LG's flimsy base/stand

SMC - deals/attitude :x

Last edited:
OP
A

anaklusmos

Youngling
What is the max level cards that i can go for in Sli/CF with my Corsair TX850 V2 ??
And is it better to buy a single good card or 2 cards for the same amount, coz of reasons like microstuttering, extra power usage etc ?
Is 2x 6950 or 2x GTX 570 possible (im only considering the above mentioned aspects)

Plz reply someone..... Need answers by today !!!

Last edited:
Top Bottom