Need to buy best android under 20K

NexGen

Broken In
Friends i am currently using a motorola defy plus for over a year and need to switch to new droid phone. My max. Budget is 20k. AFAIK decent options available in market under 20k are 1) Samsung galaxy advance 2) htc desire x 3) lg optimus l9 4) samsung galaxy s3 mini(from ebay, as officially its nowhere in market)

Please advice me best phone from above 4. I would be using the nee device for next 12-18 months, so need something that is performs well, is nicely built and has large battery.

OP
NexGen

NexGen

Broken In
Optimus L9.

Thanks bro, but one doubt abt LG. Is after sales ervice good n reliable of LG? n is it a quality product compared to samaung n hyc as i need to use the one i woild buy for next 12-18 months

priyankgupta

Journeyman
Does anyone have any idea as to which GPU does Galaxy Grand has?
It is not mentioned anywhere, not even on the official page.
Anyway, +1 to Galaxy S Advance!

ghost_z

Ghost From Hell !
LG owner here, no issues till now with after sales servicing in my past 3 years of lg mobile usage,
and i too would suggest LG Optimus L9 (SGX540 is awesome) !

tkin

Back to school!!
For those suggesting Galaxy Grand I have two issues with it(else I'd be buying it myself):
1. See the PPI, its 187, its lower than any recent phone I had ever seen, forget clear image you'd be able to count pixels on it: Samsung Galaxy Grand I9082 - Full phone specifications
2. Still no solid info about the GPU or the chipset, BUT this one site here lists the chipset as Broadcomm BCM28155, its a good chipset(from GSIIPlus I think) but not so sure about performance and app compatibility as very few phones use it: Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos vs Micromax A116 Canvas HD Specs Comparison

I still think LG L9 is better, and as far as support goes LG TV/AC support is very good as I had experienced personally, so mobile support should be good as well.

Just that LG L9 has a sub par cam(not as good as Sony or Lumia series but better than samsung series at that range) and android updates may not come at all.

OP
NexGen

NexGen

Broken In
Thanks to all of u 4 replying friends. I am now confused between galaxy grand and lg l9. Chcked specs of both grand and l9. I am not more into pics so camera be it 5 or 8mp isnt a issue for me. Even screen size is no issue as both 4.7 n 5 are ok for me. The only thing that attracts me more towards l9 is its screen resolution. Also ive seen besides S and note series samsung is known to produce phones that hang/lag a lot(including s duos) so concerned if same May happen with grand as no official reviews r available on net abt it. On other side checked online reviews of l9 and it says that l9 performs smoothly. Without any lag/hang even on multitasking. So shall i go with l9 for its performance or wait for grand`s reviews. Also most important, on 5 inch screen grand`s resolution would be sufficient enuf to be crisp n clear?

aroraanant

Explorer
Rather considering S Advance and Desire X, its better you buy Desire SV, you can buy it for 18-19k, considering the price tag it is a very good phone.
Samsung Grand looks good buy can't say anything before all specs are available and its not a good idea to comment without getting hands on the device.

tkin

Back to school!!
Thanks to all of u 4 replying friends. I am now confused between galaxy grand and lg l9. Chcked specs of both grand and l9. I am not more into pics so camera be it 5 or 8mp isnt a issue for me. Even screen size is no issue as both 4.7 n 5 are ok for me. The only thing that attracts me more towards l9 is its screen resolution. Also ive seen besides S and note series samsung is known to produce phones that hang/lag a lot(including s duos) so concerned if same May happen with grand as no official reviews r available on net abt it. On other side checked online reviews of l9 and it says that l9 performs smoothly. Without any lag/hang even on multitasking. So shall i go with l9 for its performance or wait for grand`s reviews. Also most important, on 5 inch screen grand`s resolution would be sufficient enuf to be crisp n clear?
Keep dreaming, its 187 ppi.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Grand S has the same GPU as the notoriously slow Galaxy Y series. I am sure Broadcomm has done a lot of low leave optimization so that it can record 1080p video recording and decoding but is it enough? Surely it will be no match for top of the line mobile phone GPU like PowerVR SGX540 in L9. Add to it L9 has IPS display of qHD resolution.

And lastly i doubt Grand S will lag under day to day use but once you start to test various apps and play around, it'll show its weaknesses.

OP
NexGen

NexGen

Broken In
Keep dreaming, its 187 ppi.

Rather considering S Advance and Desire X, its better you buy Desire SV, you can buy it for 18-19k, considering the price tag it is a very good phone.
Samsung Grand looks good buy can't say anything before all specs are available and its not a good idea to comment without getting hands on the device.
Grand S has the same GPU as the notoriously slow Galaxy Y series. I am sure Broadcomm has done a lot of low leave optimization so that it can record 1080p video recording and decoding but is it enough? Surely it will be no match for top of the line mobile phone GPU like PowerVR SGX540 in L9. Add to it L9 has IPS display of qHD resolution.

And lastly i doubt Grand S will lag under day to day use but once you start to test various apps and play around, it'll show its weaknesses.
thanks for your suggestions friends. so shall i go ahead n buy LG Optmius L9?

OP
NexGen

NexGen

Broken In
Its the best offer so far, but you may want to read up some reviews as not of forum members had purchased it.

^^ furious_gamer bought L9. did a brief review yet detailed review. it is in the review section.
thanks friends. i just read the review by furious_gamer. i am clear with my doubts now and would purchase L9 tomorrow itself. thanks a ton for all your suggestions and support

Top Bottom