Need to buy a mini ups kind of thing

cute.bandar

Cyborg Agent
Just want 10 minutes power backup for the router and modem. Something like this
Want from a reliable company.
If possible should be small form factor .

Any advice ? where in delhi could I get one ?

Thanks

OP
cute.bandar

cute.bandar

Cyborg Agent
Budget is not an issue(the UPS is for someone else in family)
I'll eventually go for the APC if I find nothing. But right now for just a modem and router it is a major overkill.

noja

Bang! Bang!
If you have good knowledge on soldering and electronics then you can build your own. Just get a cheap ups kit from the local electronics spare parts dealer [its got all the instructions] solder it use a battery of your choice. DONE.
battery size will determine the backup time. bigger the battery bigger the backup. Greater load will require higher capacity components in the ups circuit. But your requirement is quite very less.

OP
cute.bandar

cute.bandar

Cyborg Agent
@noja , that sounds like fun, I would probably do that if it were my own system. But since I am getting this for someone else. I'll need something reliable..

noja

Bang! Bang!
@noja , that sounds like fun, I would probably do that if it were my own system. But since I am getting this for someone else. I'll need something reliable..

better get a regular ups then.
My 600va V-guard ups gives 30minutes backup for my 40w lcd monitor connected and creative inspire m2600 simultaneously.

OP
cute.bandar

cute.bandar

Cyborg Agent
Any comments on this mini UPS: Varsha Products - Battery Back-ups / Mini Ups (scroll down)
Edit: nvmind I called them , its expensive Rs. 1500 . Seems will have to go with the zebby UPS.. I dealer quoted 1.1k for the zebby UPS in nehru place btw..

Last edited:

Sarath

iDota
I was going to suggest something and suddenly realised that even i needed one for my router for smooth (no disconnections) operation during online play.
The only thing that held me back was getting one for my PS3 and another one for the router seemed a lot of money for a 600VA APC each.

I didnt know there were 1k UPS available. Are they reliable? i know just a router but even otherwise.

Sarath

iDota
I almost know the answer myself but let me still try.
i had a UPS for a desktop i think V guard a few years back (5y?). Will it still work? The battery would have most likely died and i fear destroyed the unit itself (leakage etc)

SO my ques:
1.Better to get new UPS?

2.Get a new battery for old V-Guard UPS?

sry for hijacking someone elses thread

OP
cute.bandar

cute.bandar

Cyborg Agent
OK I have decided to go for a standard 600VA UPS, since nothing else is available. Just one last thing: small form factor. Budget is stretchable, but the table in which the UPS will be kept is not ;) . So please suggest a UPS with small dimensions.

Thanks

digit01

Right off the assembly line
Hi, I obtained my solution. See it here *www.digit.in/forum/power-supply-ca...evices-adsl-router-modem-etc.html#post2173231

Top Bottom