Need to Buy a Laptop, budget upto 50K

aneek

Broken In
Dear Digit Forum users,

I am planning to buy a laptop for my Freelancing Job and Regular purpose. I have been using a Desktop since 2002. I have upgraded it in 2009 and I am very much satisfied with it also but it doesn't give me mobility.
So I am here to know your views. I have had lot of good suggestions from this Forum and hoping to get the same this time also.
So let me tell you my specification,
  1. Processor = i5 or i7
  2. Memory = 4GB/6GB for now but should be extendible
  3. Operating System = I am more of Linux user, so I do not need Windows
  4. Hard Drive = 500GB or More
  5. Battery Life/backup = Maximum possible
  6. Display = No such idea about it
  7. Graphics Card = Added advantage, best if available.

So, these are my specifications. Based on this I have also made a chart of the available laptops. So they are as follows,

1. New! Dell™ Inspiron 14R Laptop@ 44,900
  2. Sony Vaio VPCEH2BGN/B @ 44,990
  3. Sony Vaio VPCEB46FG/B @ 47,990
  4. Dell Vostro 3750 Laptop @ 48,990
  5. Lenovo Thinkpad
  6. HP Laptops

As I am a Web Developer I work on various web technology based languages and also use GIMP or other Image editors.

So please help me on this. I do need your suggestions. Thank you in Advance guys...

marvelousprashant

Cyborg Agent
Vostro has great specs. ASS is also good. Also great screen 1600x900. Also there is a Vaio with FHD screen for 54k. If it is within budget go for it

OP
aneek

aneek

Broken In
@marvelousprashant,

Thanks for the advice, what about HP ones.?
Also I will not go for more than 50K.

OP
aneek

aneek

Broken In
@montsa007,

Sorry I didn't get you. Do you suggest Dell or other Brand ?

@ marvelousprashant,

So what do you think ? Should I wait for the new Models to come.? Or Just go for old ones.?

adnan87

Broken In
^
Sony vaio vpceb46fg is old model with previous generation processor.
@OP
If your going for sony vaio go for vpccb35fn for 52k.

OP
aneek

aneek

Broken In
@asnan87,
For now I can not exceed 50K budget. If I had the chance to get EMI I could have bought Apple Macbook Pro 15inch. But can't go for that now.

@marvelousprashant & @ss max,
So I will not wait any longer(15 days to decide is okay i guess). So how about this one?
Vostro 3750 Laptop(with 2nd generation Intel® Core™ Processors)

In this laptop, is the memory is extendible ? In future we will need it.

Is there any other HP competitors with this laptop?

So what say Guys should I go for

Vostro 3750 Laptop(with 2nd generation Intel® Core™ Processors) one ?

montsa007

~Bulletproof Monk~
@montsa007,

Sorry I didn't get you. Do you suggest Dell or other Brand ?

@ marvelousprashant,

So what do you think ? Should I wait for the new Models to come.? Or Just go for old ones.?

My comment refers to prashant's post, Vostro is 'good' but the expansion room is limited to 4 GB RAM which imo is bad :(

Did you check Asus Models?

Currently i have my eyes on this - Asus X Series X53TA-SX096D Laptop: Flipkart.com: Compare, Review Asus Notebook (The color s|_|cks big time tho)

marvelousprashant

Cyborg Agent
Lenovo Y570 (59-301914) is listed on the website at 48k. Seems like the best bet
RAM : 1*4GB DDR3@1333 MHz
HDD : 750GB @5400rpm
Graphics : N12P-GT1 GDDR5 1Gb Graphics(Overclocked GT550M)
Screen 15.6" 1366*768

Two RAM slots are there and one is free so you need to unscrew the back panel and add additional RAM

montsa007

~Bulletproof Monk~
Lenovo Y570 (59-301914) is listed on the website at 48k. Seems like the best bet
Screen 15.6" 1366*768

Two RAM slots are there and one is free so you need to unscrew the back panel and add additional RAM

Go for it mate its an overkill :arrow: :arrow: :arrow:
Alternatively you can look at MSI's Gaming Range (If you plan to use it for gaming later)

OP
aneek

aneek

Broken In
Screen 15.6" 1366*768

Lenovo Y570 (59-301914) is I think will be the one form me. Now 4GB memory is fine. In the near future we might need 8GB. Anyway, thanks for your views marvelousprashant. I really needed this.

I do not need windows so hopefully I will get it without Windows and can Install fedora. :)

Go for it mate its an overkill :arrow: :arrow: :arrow:
Alternatively you can look at MSI's Gaming Range (If you plan to use it for gaming later)
@montsa007,
So do you think I better go and Grab this piece of Machine(Lenovo Y570 (59-301914)).?

montsa007

~Bulletproof Monk~
^Yes get it quickly ;)
Also saw an advert in newspaper where it says they are offering free 3 year warranty as Diwali Offer (Not sure what type of ex. - Next Day OnSite/Carry In/Parts Only etc.,) so check that too!

OP
aneek

aneek

Broken In
First of all thank you guys.

I will be getting the Lenovo Model very soon. But as of now I have some urgent financial problem due to my relatives' sudden heart attack.

But it is not so serious though. If I have to wait, I will wait till this year end, grab some more money then will go for Mac Book Pro 15''.

But I will keep you posted on this thread.
Thank you again..

Happy Diwali....

Top Bottom