Need to buy a good Digital Camera Today, Need Suggestions

Sid_gamer

Team Digit
Hi everyone,
I want to purchase a camera urgently but i don't know which Company or Model I should go for. My budget is 10K~12K and I am looking for the best camera possible in this budget. It should have HD Video recording and good picture quality. I am going to purchase this cam today itself so please help.

Cheers,
sid_gamer

OP
Sid_gamer

Sid_gamer

Team Digit
^^
Thanks bro, I saw a lot of posts in different camera threads supporting the Canon SX130IS in this price range. Will definitely buy this one but what might be the approx price of it ?? Also are there any extra accessories I need to purchase with the cam ??

Cheers,
sid_gamer

way2jatin

Journeyman
Freedom of wireless, Shoot Once. - Samsung ST80 - Compact - Digital Camera | SAMSUNG

Go for this

its cost is just 14,000(2000 more than your budget

Gollum

Collector
^^
Here is the link -->> PowerShot SX130 IS - Digital Cameras - Canon India

killer is the word for this camera. Digic4 processor is faster than the earlier digic3. Its f number rating is also good. It can focus at an object placed as close as 1cm and that coupled with full manual controls will give you a feel of professional photography with a point and shoot. Manual shutter speed of 15seconds means you can take some awesome night shots and use your creativity to add effects like writing your own name or whatever you can think of doing with a small light within 15seconds. 12x optical zoom is nice to capture hard to reach subjects. It also records max 720p @30fps. I strongly recommend this camera.

sujoyp

Grand Master
Review of SX130IS...Canon PowerShot SX30 IS super-zoom review: design, controls, lens, stabilisation, screen, menus, drive modes | Cameralabs

Price around 14k

Truely value for money...(not looks :lol:)

Gollum

Collector
Two years back i bought canon power shot a590is. Rated cam of the year by the better photography mag. This one has the same features with zoom and 12mp

OP
Sid_gamer

Sid_gamer

Team Digit
And Guys what about Nikon Coolpix L110 ?? Hows that in comparison with the SX130 IS ??

Cheers,
sid_gamer

OP
Sid_gamer

Sid_gamer

Team Digit
hey guys, purchased the SX130 IS yesterday evening..It's awsome indeed..
Will post it's pics ASAP..

Cheers,
sid_gamer

sujoyp

Grand Master
Congrats bro...not post some pics on our photography thread-->*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/community-discussions/118227-photography-thread-99.html

guptamukul

Right off the assembly line
Hello all,

Can you please compare this Cannon cam with Sony W350? Which one is better and why?

Please post your reply ASAP.

Thanks and Regards.
Mukul Gupta

sujoyp

Grand Master
Its simple...
W350 is a very small, sleek and pocketfriendly cam, U can put it in shirt pocket.
It have features like sweep panaroma

But it dont have manual controls, picture quality is poor then SX130IS and zoom is less then SX130IS

So if u want something u can carry like your mobile, take good pics and look stylish...get W350

else if u want to take great pics, learn photography with manual controls, want 12x zoom get SX130IS:mrgreen:

guptamukul

Right off the assembly line
Thanks for your reply. I am newbie in photography and don't know the importance of Mega Pixels. So please tell me, should i look for more mega pixels or for more zoom?

And, what are the other features that i should look in a digital camera? How important is HD movie recording and panorama sweep shot? Are these features of any use?

sujoyp

Grand Master
Mega pixel is a marketing thing...nobody needs more then 8 megapixel...and more megapixel does not mean better pics
pic quality depends much upon sensor.
More zoom is good but for me more then 10x is not required..

Features which r imp-
1. Vibration reduction or Image stabilisation...some cameras have dual VR/IS
2. Manual mode....Good for learning photography
3. Mode dial...good for a quick change of settings(wont find this on most of the cams below 15k)
4. Video - for me 720p is enough coz 1080p will fill 1gb card in 1-4 mins.
5. Panaroma sweep shot is great but its just a attraction thing...not much useful in real world

Top Bottom