Need suggestions for good engineering college

sparx

TechFanatic
I am currently giving my 12 boards after which i have sought to take computer engineering. I will be appearing for IIT JEE, WBJEE and AIEEE.

I have very less hope in cracking these, specially IIT is out of question.

Therefore if I don't get admission in any government institutes i will have to opt for private institution. So i want to know how to go go about the process for admission in private colleges(Admission criteria) and which all colleges will be best.

OP
sparx

sparx

TechFanatic
I live in siliguri, Dist: Darjeeling, West bengal.

I am expecting 80% in boards not more than that, will that be enough?

OP
sparx

sparx

TechFanatic
Well are you sure 80% in CBSE is good enough marks? Well then i will try to score good in Aieee

pauldmps

Banned
In case you don't get good rank in AIEEE this year, join a good coaching for an year and try again. It will be a waste if you join some 3rd-class engg college.

But as of now, keep your fingers crossed.

pauldmps

Banned
^^ Not everyone has CS as a subject. For students without CS, board exam ended with Maths which I think was on 21st March.

akshayt

Wise Old Owl
Well to be honest 80% is at best average and if you were to get admission in DU then you would get entry level-low end course in mid-mid end colleges OR medium level courses in low end colleges.

1. Go abroad.

OR

2. Go to DU or some other specific niche of your choice like law, design etc.

OR

3. Repeat a year and make sure you get IIT/DCE/NITs etc.

amitbhawani

Broken In
@sparx hey man me too from siliguri and me too gave my 12 this year (ISC, mahbert high school)

u from which skul???

facebook???

aniketvibhute

Right off the assembly line
You can checkout the site : WhaTNeXT : College Suggester engine for Students
They have pretty good data and they provide pretty better suggestions about engineering colleges. I don't know whether they have data for students out of maharashtra state. But site is easy to use and simple.

URL : WhaTNeXT : College Suggester engine for Students

Top Bottom