Need Suggestions for configuring Low Cost/Value PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

confused

Evolving Rapidly...
Hi guys, i want to assemble a PC, to be used mainly for Internet and Multimedia work.
I already have a GPU (Asus 8400GS 128MB), cabinet, monitor, speakers, keyboard and mouse.

I want to buy the remaining components within a budget of 20k. I have decided on the foll:
HDD - seagate 500GB SATA2 32MB @ 3.5k
RAM - transcend 2x2GB 800Mhz Value Ram @ 2.2k
DVDRW - sony sata 20x @ 1.3k
the above comes to 7k...leaving a balance of 13k

Please suggest the remaining components ie, proccy (intel based), mobo and psu within Rs.13000/-.

PS:please let me know if any changes need to be made with the components I have already decided.

damngoodman999

damnbadman666
Hi guys, i want to assemble a PC, to be used mainly for Internet and Multimedia work.
I already have a GPU (Asus 8400GS 128MB), cabinet, monitor, speakers, keyboard and mouse.

I want to buy the remaining components within a budget of 20k. I have decided on the foll:
HDD - seagate 500GB SATA2 32MB @ 3.5k
RAM - transcend 2x2GB 800Mhz Value Ram @ 2.2k
DVDRW - sony sata 20x @ 1.3k
the above comes to 7k...leaving a balance of 13k

Please suggest the remaining components ie, proccy (intel based), mobo and psu within Rs.13000/-.

PS:please let me know if any changes need to be made with the components I have already decided.

Get Core2Duo E8400 with MSI P-45 neo mobo - 13840/-

Or else E8400 + Abit IP35E = 13400/-

damngoodman999

damnbadman666
E 7300 - 5750/-

MSI P45 NEO - 5900/-

CM 500 WATTS EXT PWR - 2400/2500

Sorry i wrongly calculated above its coming 14K

If u less in mobo means go for ABITIP35E - cost around 5350/-

IronManForever

IronMan; Ready to Roll...
Need Suggestions for configuring Low Cost/Value PC
The budget you have for a CPU, Mobo and PSU is a bit better than that of a Low-Cost Value PC. :)

BTW, Try to go for P45 based Board!

OP
confused

confused

Evolving Rapidly...
The budget you have for a CPU, Mobo and PSU is a bit better than that of a Low-Cost Value PC. :)
Ok, my bad... i am using many components from a old PIII based PC, hence i am buying only few components, but the budget as a whole is small!!!:)

BTW, Try to go for P45 based Board!
ok, any paticular reason for this??:confused:

E 7300 - 5750/-

MSI P45 NEO - 5900/-

CM 500 WATTS EXT PWR - 2400/2500

Sorry i wrongly calculated above its coming 14K

If u less in mobo means go for ABITIP35E - cost around 5350/-
thanks man.... will compare reviews and ask if in any doubt.:)

Last edited:
OP
confused

confused

Evolving Rapidly...
*www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813130181
but the board has a lot of negative reviews here.... should i consider some other board??

damngoodman999

damnbadman666
*www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813130181
but the board has a lot of negative reviews here.... should i consider some other board??

if u spend extra 3K for the board means u get the Asus P5Q pro which is excellent superb platform for LGA775 socket "good mobo"

If u r in budget means go for ABIT-IP35E board , so u r using gfx card

IronManForever

IronMan; Ready to Roll...
@confused.. Abit IP35 will suffice your needs but the difference in price between it and any cheap P45 is worth the extra performance!

Dual Core is out dated. Get Quad Core. I doubt you would game on that 8400GS anyway.
Get Core2Quad Q8200.
And yeah, Abit won't be available. Abit is going liquid on 31-12-2008. Company shutting down.

OP
confused

confused

Evolving Rapidly...
Dual Core is out dated. Get Quad Core. I doubt you would game on that 8400GS anyway.
Get Core2Quad Q8200.
And yeah, Abit won't be available. Abit is going liquid on 31-12-2008. Company shutting down.
the pc wont be used for gaming. i just happen to have a GPU lying around, so using it in the rig!!!

and not enough dough for quad-core!!!:D

damngoodman999

damnbadman666
DUAL core is surely outdated , all the applications are prepared on the basis of multi core .

I would suggest to go for MetalheadGautham config

or select the Q6600

::::::::::::::eek:k i can give one more thing dude:::::::::::::::::::

AMD phenom X4 [quad core] 9550 -----> 7300
ASUS M3A78-EM mobo ------>4000
Cooler master 500 watts EXT --------> 2400

total 13700/-

hey its truly a good config , i am using the same no issues @ all good .

yeah. go 4 AMD config then.

You can even do with AMD 4600+ for 2.7K and a GeForce 7050 mobo for 2.2K.
Cheap, but definitely worth the bucks. Why spend more without reason ?

And if you go for Zotac GF 8200 mobo for 3.4K, you can put 8400GS in hybrid SLI - it even plays crysis at 1024x768 medium no AA.

Spend saved money on more HDD space. My friend has a similar rig to watch movies and listen to songs. You can store lots of DVD rips.

OP
confused

confused

Evolving Rapidly...
guys thanks for the suggestions....but, i must add that the PC wont be used for gaming. repeat NO gaming.

the two AMD configs sound good, but i am getting really confused now!!!
i would like to stick to intel.... and also dont mind investing a bit on the mobo, so that its atleast future proof.

to be frank, quad core is overkill...coz the pc wont be used that intensively.
but lets say that i do buy quad-core, should i go for Q6600 or Q8200???
and which mobo, in that case??? (and yes, i know i will have to increase my budget for that)

damngoodman999

damnbadman666
Q8200 is better than Q6600

but , if u donot use for gaming, y dont u just save ur money go for AMD , in ur signature u listed ur INTEL rig.... so y dont u have one affordable AMD Quad for the price u expected ???

If u r using for games go for Intel .

OP
confused

confused

Evolving Rapidly...
Q8200 is better than Q6600

but , if u donot use for gaming, y dont u just save ur money go for AMD , in ur signature u listed ur INTEL rig.... so y dont u have one affordable AMD Quad for the price u expected ???

If u r using for games go for Intel .
i have very less knowledge about AMD. was never interested in their products... hence wary to invest in one!!!:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom