Need Suggestions for buying a Graphic card

nx112

Broken In
I Need Suggestions for buying a Graphic card

Hi all,
First of All HAPPY NEW YEAR 2012 :smile:

I want to buy a Graphics Card.I can spend Upto 8k on card(total budget 10.5 k )
One of my friend also want to buy a graphic card though he can spend only 6k.

I have shortlisted 4 cards,they are
1-radeon hd 6770
2-Nvidia gts 450
3-Nvidia Geforce Gtx 550ti
4-radeon 6790

Please suggest me which one should i opt.You can also provide me other graphic card suggestions which are not listed by me(be sure it should be in my budget).

I also want to buy a Power supply.(less than 3k)
I have two in my mind(suggested by friend):-fsp saga II 500 w and corsair CX 430.

The one major problem of mine is that I don't know that whether the card and psu will fit inside my cabinet or not.So i am providing my CPU specification and please tell me whether the card and psu will fit within it easily or not.

Cabinet :- iball i612 (red/black color)
Dimensions :-16 x 7 x 17 inches (H x W x L)
Power supply :-iBall LPE/LPS 223-400 (250 W) power supply
Motherboard:- Intel Dh55tc
Processor:-Intel Core i3 540 @ 3.07 ghz
Ram:-6 gb
Monitor:- View Sonic (1440*900 max resolution)

Please provide your reviews on this post ASAP.
I also want to mention that i am not in a condition to buy a new cabinet so please don't include any cabinet related suggestion.:sad:

Thanks,
nx 112

Please reply to this post guys.Please :cry:

Last edited:

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
at 8k, HD6670 + Corsair CX 430 v2 (or maybe Seasonic S12-II 430W). HD6670 + FSP Saga II 500W may overshoot your budget slightly.

for your friend, get HD6670.

OP
N

nx112

Broken In
at 8k, HD6670 + Corsair CX 430 v2 (or maybe Seasonic S12-II 430W). HD6670 + FSP Saga II 500W may overshoot your budget slightly.

for your friend, get HD6670.

Bro you get me wrong ,i can spend 8k on a graphic card and 2.5 k on psu.
that's why i stated the price in bracket .

Cilus

laborare est orare
Then get the following:-
HIS HD 6790 1GB 256 bit GDDR5 @ 8.2K
HIS H679F1GD Radeon HD 6790 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Graphic Card with Eyefinity
FSP SAGA II 500W @ 2.2K
FSP Saga II 500W Power Supply - TheITWares

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
why don't we suggest Corsair CX 430 v2 / Seasonic S12-II 430W - instaed of FSP - they cost 200-300 bucks more for sure but they have longer warranty period than FSP - Finding Seasonic may be an issue but availability of CX430v2 is plenty ;-)

@ nx112 - get the GPU suggested by Cilus and for your friend ( provided he has a decent PSU ) - he can get a HD6750 around ~5.9k ;-)

Hsakarp_kahtap

CG Artist++
why don't we suggest Corsair CX 430 v2 / Seasonic S12-II 430W - instaed of FSP - they cost 200-300 bucks more for sure but they have longer warranty period than FSP - Finding Seasonic may be an issue but availability of CX430v2 is plenty ;-)

@ nx112 - get the GPU suggested by Cilus and for your friend ( provided he has a decent PSU ) - he can get a HD6750 around ~5.9k ;-)

Bro I asked SMC guys(dilip & puppy) they told me corsair cx 430 has 2 years warranty, not sure about seasonic .

Cilus

laborare est orare
Hsakarp_kahtap, You've asked for the 1st generation of CX series and we are suggesting you 2nd Gen of CX series, known as CX V2 series which is of better quality and offers 3 Years of warranty. Check the posts carefully, in all the places it is mentioned has CX 430 V2.

Hsakarp_kahtap

CG Artist++
Hsakarp_kahtap, You've asked for the 1st generation of CX series and we are suggesting you 2nd Gen of CX series, known as CX V2 series which is of better quality and offers 3 Years of warranty. Check the posts carefully, in all the places it is mentioned has CX 430 V2.

Sorry Cilus, my bad I missed it .

OP
N

nx112

Broken In
Thanks for the Suggestion guys.
I am going for hd 6790 as you people suggested.
I have seen on the amd website that HD 6790 requires
500 watt or more power supply with two 75W 6-pin PCI Express® power connectors.

Will FSP saga 500w is sufficient for hd 6790??

What about corsair cx 430 v2 ,can it handle HD 6790 easily??
Both of the above listed power supplies has two 75w 6-pin pci power connectors or not??

FSP saga is not available in Bhopal, corsair cx 430 is available (i don't know whether it is cx 430 v2 or simply cx 430)

So which would i prefer or should i have to go for more higher watt psu(i don't have much budget though)??

I have also heard that radeon cards having some driver update related problems,is it fine for me to go for hd 6790??

And the last question :-Will card and PSU fit inside my cabinet,please answer my this question so that i can buy with full surity.

Thanks in advance

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Performance difference between HD 6770 and 6790 is not too big.

HD 6770 uses less power than HD 6790 and a lot less power than GTX 550 Ti.

HD 6770 requires only one PCIe 6 pin connector. So, you can go for it.

We also have Molex to PCIe 6-pin power converters if we are short of PCIe connectors. These are usually safe. In case you still want to go with HD 6790.

Anyhow, everything will fit in yout cabinet.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
@ OP - CX430v2 or FSP saga II 500 will handle a HD6790 with your current config easily ;-)

going with seasonic ( 5 yrs warranty ) and corsair ( 3 yrs warranty ) is recommend over FSP anyday IMO and Modern AMD drivers are stable and good enough ;-)

OP
N

nx112

Broken In
I have seen corsair cx v2 500w for rs. 3200.
Should i go for it instead of cx 430 v2??
Or cx 430 v2 is enough??
Can cx 430 v2 handle 6850??

if you think cx 430 can't handle 6850(thinking or increasing my budget) then i can go for cx 500 v2.

One more this ,is it good for me to wait for 7000 series to grab 7770 or 7750 ??
These are the only two seems to be in my budget.
When will they release in India??
Any Idea??

Please reply

Last edited:

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
CX430v2 is enough for a HD6850 ;-)

HD 7770s stock performance is a bit lower than HD6850 ( but there's no review of this is on any reputed benchmark site as this is not released yet ) spo can't say how far the OCed edition cards will perform but on the other hand you can OC HD6850 pretty good ( look at my siggy ) - you may need to wait for 3-4 months for ~10k HD7 series gpus though ;-)

OP
N

nx112

Broken In
Thanks for your suggestions Guys.
I am going for MSI r6850 Cyclone edition .But i have seen Rishab's thread for graphic card and he said that the r6850 Graphic card is "not in stock" at "theitwares.com" .It is also not available in "Bhopal".And any other website than theitwares,has priced r6850 cyclone above 10k +shipping .

Should i go for it or should i increase my budget some more to grab a 6870??

How would i know on "theitwares.com" that whether the product is in stock or not??

I have seen HIS 6870 Iceqx priced at 11k on theitwares.com which is cheapest for that product than any other online store.Should i go for that if 6850 cylclone is not available??

Last edited:

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ just call or mail theitwares about the availability of any particular product(s) and make sure that the ICEQx is available with them.

For HD6850 cyclone PE you can look here ;-)
Theitdepot - Msi Radeon HD6850 1024MB GDDR5 ATI PCI E Graphic Cards (R6850 CYCLONE 1GD5-PE-OC)

OP
N

nx112

Broken In
I have talked to theitwares.com and they said that they can't arrange MSI r6850 cyclone edition.

The HIS iceq x is now price 12,500 rs on the itwares.com :cry:

I think that it is because they want to make more profit by increasing price before the release of 78XX series.With the release of 78xx series, the price of 6850 and 6870 should fall down.

I now have to wait until the release of 78XX series so that the price will cut down.:-?

Any expected release date for 78xx??

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
look at here ;-)
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/1551439-post218.html

even after that it will take some time to release in here / then some more time for price reduction on 6 series and whether distributors and sellers will reduce the price of thei old stock or not depends upon them.

BTW, the price you got for the ICEQx is very good actually - if you want you can get that ;-)

Hsakarp_kahtap

CG Artist++
SAPPHIRE Radeon HD 6850 1GB is available at SMC international @ 10.3k and at Costtocost.in @9.03k(but they don't have online store).

OP
N

nx112

Broken In
I have dropped my plan to buy a graphic card for the next 2-3 months because of unavailability of the cards i like and some priced directly 1-2k above my budget,i am going to buy it on my brother's birthday which is on last week of april.
Hope 78xx series available at that time.

I have planned to buy both GPU and PSU at the same time but I am having some problems with my Current iball PSU.Whenever i turn on my PC ,the PSU fan started making a huge noise and then become silent after 20-30 seconds.i don't know why.

I am now thinking of changing my PSU first and then going to buy GPU after 3 months.
I can go for corsair CX 600 v2 or should i go for GS 600 ??(provide your suggestions ,as i am changing psu only because of GPU requirements).

Does the age of the PSU really matters ,means if my psu is 2 years old but of 700 watt,does i still have to change it because it is 2 years old or is it sufficient for any gpu??

Can gs600 easily handle radeon 78** and 77** series even if i overclock GPU??

According to my current motherboard and processor, how better and high perfomance GPU i can go for and what should be my limit ,limit above which my system become unstable(e.g. 6950 or gtx 570 is my limit according to my current processor or evn below that) .

If Nvidia 6XX series launched before april ,can GS600 handles it with ease??

Cilus

laborare est orare
Buddy, PSU support for the Graphics card does not depend upon the model number, it depends upon the power it consumes at full load. So no matter, whether it is HD 7000 series or GTX 600 series, if it is within the power envelop of the PSU, it will handle the card. Bow both HD 7000 series and GTX 600 series are coming @ 28 nm fabrication processs, so expect less power consumption compared to the current gen equivalent cards.

GS600 is a very good PSU and can handle single cards like GTX 570 or HD 6970. So probably it will support the HD 7000 series or GTX 600 series cards which are gonna replace the HD 6970 or GTX 570 respectively.

Top Bottom