Need Suggestion: MMX Canvas HD, XOLO Q800, Karbonn s5 Titanium

ayush_chh

Ambassador of Buzz
Guys,

I am planning to buy a powerful budget droid :) Please suggest from below 3..

1) Micromax Canvas HD
2) Xolo Q800
3) Karbonn S5 Titanium

should be able to run heavy apps and should have good Display.
you may as well suggest apart from this but spec should be as of the above..

My Budget is MAX 14K

Thanks
Ayush

Nerevarine

Incarnate
Yea agree with above, but are you willing to take the risk ? If you do, please post reviews here
PS: XOLO Q800 has a magnetometer, not found in MMX HD or Karbonn
L9 is a safe option though

Superayush

Tech lover
Hey nice to see another ayush cheers mate
My vote goes +1 to l9 or q800
In case you can wait spend 3-4k more get solid xperia l which can run heavy apps easily
And sony is most trustable

OP
ayush_chh

ayush_chh

Ambassador of Buzz
thanks all!!

Just one last question. How much diff is there between the display of Canvas HD and XOLO q800 ? i know there isn't much diff in ppi density but still would want some suggestions on this aswell.

@ayush - feeling is mutual :) ...mate i already have Xperia U and i know Sony is best ;)... i cannot increase my budget.

OP
ayush_chh

ayush_chh

Ambassador of Buzz
thanks Rishi- i think i will go with XOLO q800...post someone enlightens me on below... :)

How much diff is there between the display of Canvas HD and XOLO q800 ? i know there isn't much diff in ppi density but still would want some suggestions on this aswell.

Any Ideas on best online deal on XOLO ?

Hrishi

How much diff is there between the display of Canvas HD and XOLO q800 ? i know there isn't much diff in ppi density but still would want some suggestions on this aswell.

TBH , you need to have quite good near vision to notice the difference in ~50ppi. Its not like not at all noticeable. But anything above 230~240 ppi looks crisp enough. PS : for more crispiness you'' have to sacrifice GPU + CPU performance.

I don't have much Idea about the deals though , but as you are planning to run heavy apps , so it's advisable to settle with lower resolution because FPS will reduce in games if you go for same hardware with higher rez.

Tejas.Gupta

Ethical Hacker :)
I've bought Canvas HD and its amazing !
Temple run2,Subwaysurfer,Vice City run smooth
1080p videos run smooth even in Stock player !

OP
ayush_chh

ayush_chh

Ambassador of Buzz
TBH , you need to have quite good near vision to notice the difference in ~50ppi. Its not like not at all noticeable. But anything above 230~240 ppi looks crisp enough. PS : for more crispiness you'' have to sacrifice GPU + CPU performance.

I don't have much Idea about the deals though , but as you are planning to run heavy apps , so it's advisable to settle with lower resolution because FPS will reduce in games if you go for same hardware with higher rez.

Thanks Rishi! this should help...

esumitkumar

Call me Sumit
Thanks for creating this thread..I was also looking for same ....IMO Xolo Q800 is winner but its out of stock everywhere

quagmire

Allllright !
Think twice before buying MMX products..
Few guys here in TDF and few guys I personally know have had really bad experiences with their after sales service..

Read this:
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/service-rma-watch/169297-micromax-company-run-satan-himself.html

hitesh

In the zone
Wouldn't advice you to go with Titanium. It has quad cortex a5 quite inferior to what A116 and Q800 has

esumitkumar

Call me Sumit
But I am reading various reviews in flipkart that service issues for xolo q800 ? Also Xolo has 0.5" inches smaller screen than karbonn ..so isnt karbonn S5 the winner (except processor)

ZTR

Cyborg Agent
But I am reading various reviews in flipkart that service issues for xolo q800 ? Also Xolo has 0.5" inches smaller screen than karbonn ..so isnt karbonn S5 the winner (except processor)

The smaller screen doesn't count as both have SAME res so in fact Titanium S5 is at a disadvantage in ppi

madzeus

Broken In
@op: hey..did you go for it..? can you post a review of you xolo...am going to buy it..!! would be great to get a review from a buyer..!! thanks in advance.. :)

Top Bottom