Need suggestion in Buying Andriod Phone :-?

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
I wouldn't give a damn about Motorola Droids. pathetic UI, no proper updates, Indian users often ignored.

Stick to LG, Samsung, HTC and SE for now.

vishurocks

Journeyman
Consider neo and desire s. Desire and sgsl are outdated for ur budget. Neo and desire s price will surely come down a few bucks, as a dual core cpu based phone is just 2-3k more. U better wait till then. Also sgs+ is going to arrive shortly

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
I think Incredible S is better. that 1.3mp front facing cam should make video calling much much better.

aroraanant

Explorer
BTW... which one to go for.. HTC desire S or Incredible S... both almost have same price

In market I think Desire S will cost around 2K less than Incredible S coz the launch price of Incredible S was Rs28900 but is available in market around 26-27K and the launch price of Desire S is 25.5K so I guess it will be available for 24K or less.
If u wanna choose one among them then just choose Incredible S.

OP
S

silicon_fusion

Journeyman
@aroraanant : yes, ur rite.Desire S is now available at Flipkart in 23,749,
Check here HTC Desire S Price In India: Buy HTC Desire S: Price, Reviews: Flipkart Mobiles

vishurocks

Journeyman
Desire s is good. And if u could work without better cams of incredible s then desire should be really good choice. It comes gingerbread with latest version of sense ui(3.0) out of the box. Incredible s comes with froyo and sense 2.3. Although it's going to be updated soon, but i would still recomend desire s over it because of price diff. It will be avl at around 23k.

aakashdave11

Gadget gyan dispenser
Desire S is quite VFM at the moment IMO.

wtf ...23.5k is value for money......for this price one can get notebooks..

SL is 19.5k....it can be said to be a vfm phone but still 19.5k.....

p>S:android phones esp high end ones are way overpriced....
ex:wave with same specs of Galaxy S.....was 10k cheaper so h/w is not that costly especially for samsung,HTC...still they milk out as much as they can from customers buying a droid... :(

vfm ....don't know how that came into the picture....mobile devices for 20-30k....Iphone 40k... this is getting preposterous

aroraanant

Explorer
+1 for HTC Desire S (Review)
Desire S has better specs, new version of Sense UI, better battery life and (of course) android gingerbread.
(Preview)

It comes with Android 2.2 and Sense UI v3.0 same as in Incredible S. :p

@OP->
And also Desire S is 3K cheaper than Incredible S.
I would suggest u to go for Incredible S.

aroraanant

Explorer
Its not yet confirmed that whether it will have foryo or gingerbread.
Today I talked to a person in HTC India, he said that it will be coming with gingerbread but he was not sure.
Now we have to wait n see that what comes in it.

Sid_hooda

I'm taller than you
The Desire S has 2.3.3 gingerbread - I tried a friends' Desire S (which he returned due to a frustratingly big wifi issue). It also has Sense 2.1, not 3.0 which comes in the HTC Sensation and EVO 3D.

OP
S

silicon_fusion

Journeyman
Hey guys,today in d morning i got my Desire S from ebay (with in just 1 day gap,cool man ).But i will be able 2c my phone after may 7th,because i am out of town .But post some pic of that,as i told my bro to send the pic of phone to me.

Senthil

Right off the assembly line
Buy Desire S

Pros:
1. Professional look
2. Pocketable 3.7'' screen size
3. Android Gingerbread version out of the box
4. Can play DivX/XviD movies
5. World class user interface - HTC Sense 2.1
6. Awesome battery life
7. Solid build and superb design
8. Front camera for Video calling
9. 1 GHz Scorpion processor, Qualcomm MSM8255 Snapdragon chipset
10. 1.1 GN Rom and 768 MB Ram
Cons:
1. Super LCD Screen, Which is inferior compare to Galaxy S super amoled screen
2. 5 MP Camera (For the same price Nokia offering 12 MP N8)
3. Adreno 205 GPU is inferior than Galaxy S PowerVR SGX540 GPU (Run quadrent)

Dont buy Galaxy SL I9003. Call clarity poor. Finaly a phone is meant for calling only know.

Select Neo if you are into camera always.

I selected Desire S over Galaxy S because of the professional look and pocketable size of Desire S. I ordered in Flipkart on 18.04.2011 and waiting for the arrival. Flipkart price Rs.23750/-(Social network DVD free)

I am from India. I received Desire S today through Flipkart for Rs.23750. One Social network movie DVD original box came free.Very prompt delivery and excellant packing. Along with Invoice they also provided nearby HTC service centre for my future reference. Go for Flipkart and grab HTC Desire S. Wait for my Desire S review.

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
Dont buy Galaxy SL I9003. Call clarity poor. Finaly a phone is meant for calling only know.

Who said that? You used it before? Currently using it and Call Clarity is good enough. The only letdown is the GPU+OMAP Chipset and no flash thing.

Other than that everything is great. I am playing NFS HP and Shift with that and getting decent playable fps.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
Buy Desire S

I am from India. I received Desire S today through Flipkart for Rs.23750. One Social network movie DVD original box came free.Very prompt delivery and excellant packing. Along with Invoice they also provided nearby HTC service centre for my future reference. Go for Flipkart and grab HTC Desire S. Wait for my Desire S review.

Which version of Android is loaded on your Desire S? And hearty congrats.

Top Bottom