Need some info on webcam

Status
Not open for further replies.

ajayritik

Technomancer
I'm planning to buy a webcam. After searching for the threads here I found that some of them have suggested Logitech models. Does anybody have any other suggestions?

I also need to find if we can record the webcam thing in Yahoo Messenger. When I googled Ifound that there is something called Camstudio. Has anyone used any software to record the webcam conversations in Yahoo Messenger?

With so much hacking going on these days is it possible for someone to view our webcam without we giving them permission to view. I mean to say if I'm signed into Yahoo Messenger and have my webcam on can my friend view it without my permission or some hacker who is not in my contacts can view the webcam.

Somebody please help me with this!

Last edited:

The Conqueror

Elevating Humanity
Try Logitech Quickcam

See this link *search.ebay.in/search/search.dll?from=R40&_trksid=m37&satitle=logitech+quickcam and find one according to your budget. yes with all webcams u can use it with yahoo messenger. My personal fav is Skype while using webcam as it provides good video quality and no sound echos or distrubance.

OP
ajayritik

ajayritik

Technomancer
Dude I have never used skype, can you give me more info about it. Is it better compared to Yahoo Messenger. I need an application which will perform good along with webcam.

OP
ajayritik

ajayritik

Technomancer
I have found the following brands for Webcams which one would be the best. All of them are under 1k
1. Intex
2. Zebronics(5 Megapixel)
3. Creative
4. Logitech (0.5Megapixel)

Which one would be the best among these?
I generally don't prefer Intex and Zebronics brands but they have higher megapixel (5 Megapixel) compared to Logitech which has 0.5 Megapixel

Friends please someone out there help me on this!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom