Need new Phone for a budget of about 24k

OP
Ronnie11

Ronnie11

Judgement Time!!
C'mon........... You can bargain to get the Xperia S at 26.5 or 27k........ Prices have dropped....
And Xperia P is 21.5k or 22k
LOL..i know but never bargained a phone before..ezone shows "actual price" of 32000 for xperia s & says "our price" is 29.5K...don't know whether to laugh or cry here?

do i have any choice in this then? :D

reliance digital also has something similar...so is croma

also does anyone know how to transfer contacts from a mini sim to a micro sim??

debarshi

Otaku
If you are okay with spending 2k useless extra... For the ac in the mall perhaps. I am talking about next door retailers shop.
Because if you have a problem you have to go to the service center ultimately.

debarshi

Otaku
Get a new micro sim, and transfer all your contacts via bluetooth to your new android...........
Its easy, you can sync your contacts from a nokia......... I did the same with my Nokia E63

ulysses

Broken In
Iam right now using Galaxy Nexus (bought last christmas from US) . You get updates instantly (JB 4.12 right now) I still have 2 year old Galaxy Nexus-s (also running latest update) and Google Nexus-One (3 year old) (but no jelly bean -2.36 only)
all are working well and never needed any service touch wood.
Nexus 4 is a quad core machine and is very impressive. (8 gb version @ Rs 23k being sold on pre order basis) If you use it for data /internet only (like I do) it is ok .
but there are a few -ves
1. fixed battery 2. no addition sd card storage 3. back is glass so can break unless you put a case .
Iam not tempted to buy the lastest Google original phone this time and going for a tab nexus 7 may be.
Iam not in favour of buying latest hardware ( samsung /sony ) and wait for ever for the updates and I dont like rooting too.

bhushan2k

Genius in making mistakes
Didn't get you..what is google contacts??Here's the thing..i own an N82 Phone right now....so all my numbers are in that standard sim card & now that i need to a micro sim,how do i get these contacts transferred?

Well.. Don't know about older symbian phones have Google account sync facility.. I had 5230... N i was able to setup Google account on that phone... Synching contacts, calenders n other account details were available... So i had set up it n synced... Later when I bought android, I set it up with same Google id.. N my previous contacts synced automatically... No sim card ka dimaag ka dahi..

If ur N82 won't support such then simply use friend's android temporary... First Tell him to back up his contacts on his Google account then delete all of them including his Google account.. Insert ur sim.. Set up Google account with ur id.. Sync contacts.. Ur sim contacts will be updated on ur Google id.. Then u can sync them all on ur new phone.. Do the same with friend's account while restoring his contacts.. Read on screen instructions properly before doing anything..

Hope it works.. :)

OP
Ronnie11

Ronnie11

Judgement Time!!
If you are okay with spending 2k useless extra... For the ac in the mall perhaps. I am talking about next door retailers shop.
Because if you have a problem you have to go to the service center ultimately.

ok here's the thing..i haven't found much price difference between the normal retail stores & the mall stores....i prefer to get the phone at the lowest price but sadly its hovering around this everywhere i go..hoping that it would be cheaper at alfa market in andheri... :(

sharang_3

Journeyman
no doubt s2 is one of the best phones out there...but wanted to try out something other than samsung for a change...surprisingly there are very less choices in this price range...
screen resolution on s2 is just 480x 800( acc to gsmarena, they might sell a different variant in india)..also the gpu is pretty old
..it was a good phone but its old now and there are better products at that price range...wonder when will the new razr come to india..

Last edited:

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
screen resolution on s2 is just 480x 800( acc to gsmarena, they might sell a different variant in india)..also the gpu is pretty old
..it was a good phone but its old now and there are better products at that price range...wonder when new razr will come to india..

The GPU is the same as the S3.... the MALI 400 .... the hardware is still pretty good, if you leave out the resolution issue

debarshi

Otaku
Motorola is pulling out of India........ so no service centres apparently

I wouldn't consider Motorola devices

debarshi

Otaku
But you wouldn't want to take chances with Android Phones either, they are just so prone to faults, or is it just my bad luck for the three phones I have had, each one has had to visit the service centre (And i dont root)

OP
Ronnie11

Ronnie11

Judgement Time!!
i have heard that before & hence i decided against motorola as well...its winding up here...

Well.. Don't know about older symbian phones have Google account sync facility.. I had 5230... N i was able to setup Google account on that phone... Synching contacts, calenders n other account details were available... So i had set up it n synced... Later when I bought android, I set it up with same Google id.. N my previous contacts synced automatically... No sim card ka dimaag ka dahi..

If ur N82 won't support such then simply use friend's android temporary... First Tell him to back up his contacts on his Google account then delete all of them including his Google account.. Insert ur sim.. Set up Google account with ur id.. Sync contacts.. Ur sim contacts will be updated on ur Google id.. Then u can sync them all on ur new phone.. Do the same with friend's account while restoring his contacts.. Read on screen instructions properly before doing anything..

Hope it works.. :)

Thanks a lot man..tried doing it via mobile net..so here's the thing..managed to sign in to google account via my phone & was able to navigate to contacts to import it to my own contact...but its only selecting one by one..can't i select all of them at once..also do they show only sim card saved numbers & not the phone memory ones?Why is that?

bhushan2k

Genius in making mistakes
hmm..guessed so.. it has some issues with non touch symbian devices...

found this while searching =>

Unfortunately I do not have an English-speaking phone, so I just try to
translate what it says. You're lucky I have a n82 too, so I could guide you
step by step.
On your n82, go to menu, tools, synchronization. Or sync, don't know what
it says
then, you press options key and go to create new profile
you give the name gmail to new profile and press OK
then there is another line to set. applications. you go there, select
contacts, do not know if it's the exact words...
include in sync: yes
remote database: contacts
sync type: both directions.
Go back twice after having confirmed your settings.
then, you have the most difficult one, the connection options.
server ID: you must write, google
transport type: internet data... you leave it as it is
access point: always ask. Or, as you prefer.
host address: *m.google.com/syncml
port: 443
username: your google user without @gmail.com
password: your password
allow sync request: yes
accept sync request: no
network authentication: no
Then, after this, the profile is saved, you select it, you press options
key, and tell the phone Synchronize.
I must warn you, phone contacts are saved in your GMail contact list
Then you go to iTunes and tell it to synchronize your google account with
your iDevice.
I must warn you again, that then, you'll have on iPhone _all_ your phone
numbers of course and all your e-mail address saved into your GMail
contacts.
Say bye bye to all your possible contact organization in groups!
Sorry for
this inconvenience, it's not my fault :)
Hope this helps

it was for n82 to iphone transfer..u can use google account for android simply...

also try this => premium service is free for 7 days...let me know if it works...

OP
Ronnie11

Ronnie11

Judgement Time!!
hmm..guessed so.. it has some issues with non touch symbian devices...

found this while searching =>

it was for n82 to iphone transfer..u can use google account for android simply...

also try this => premium service is free for 7 days...let me know if it works...
Thanks a lot for the info..will try this out quick..thanks again.. :)

perplexed

Journeyman
FYI, HTC one S is being discontinued.. That Chroma guy told me. Also it is out of stock in most other electronics stores..

Top Bottom