Need Multitasking rig at 75k

OP
techking_dinesh

techking_dinesh

Digit Squad Member
^ Holy hell , Someone ans what i am askin and not what is optimal in 15k ?

MSI is not available so shud i go for Sapphire one ? HD6950 ??
What is difference between the MSi and & sapphire one ??

If MSI is not available , should i consider the MSI GTX 560 series ? if yes which one ?

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
It depends on the particular model of the cards. As for your query, you should go for Saphhire 6950 2gb.

venram87700

Learnin in progress
dinesh i did go to prime abgb a few days ago n the price i got for the 560ti is not for MSI but for ASUS gtx 560ti direct cu the price was 15000Rs
also who is ur local dealer go to as many shops as possible in lamington rd coz i did the same only then do you come to know the real difference in the prices

OP
techking_dinesh

techking_dinesh

Digit Squad Member
^ Sorry jas , i cant buy online
I am not getting the MSI R6950 Twin Forzr OC here

I am getting the Sapphire HD6950 2gb for 14500/- , or the dealer can try for GTX 560 :(

OP
techking_dinesh

techking_dinesh

Digit Squad Member
^ Thnx for the confirmation , i ll try getting a hand on the Twin frozr III if possible , o i m settling with Sapphire 2gb version

People everywhere suggesting i5 and not i7 , y ? , what shud i do ?

People r even recommending P motherboards over Z , what should i do ?

it will save a lot of money , v confused.. if paying that much extra gives very little performance improvement then even i wud like to go with i5 and P series , i m interested in i7 and Z series considering that i will be doing multitasking in flash , corel , etc together and it would help me.
Gaming is just 10% of my total PC usage.

Looking for Quick & proper Advice that will help me spend wise !!

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
If gaming is just 10% of your total PC usage, then my suggestion would be to drop the 6950 altogether and go for 6870 (around 12k) or 6850 (around 10k). Utilize the difference in getting the i7/Z68 combo. One thing, the i7 2600k runs very hot with the stock cooler. You might need an aftermarket cooler to tame the beast. Ask forum member tkin for further details.

OP
techking_dinesh

techking_dinesh

Digit Squad Member
^ hmm k , i m rdy to go with i7 , Z series , 6950 .. i m confused regarding d processor.. ppl r saying go for i5 as it is not much of a difference.. moreover ppl r nt suggestion Z series at d moment.
I wanna spend wise

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
^ Thnx for the confirmation , i ll try getting a hand on the Twin frozr III if possible , o i m settling with Sapphire 2gb version

People everywhere suggesting i5 and not i7 , y ? , what shud i do ?

People r even recommending P motherboards over Z , what should i do ?

it will save a lot of money , v confused.. if paying that much extra gives very little performance improvement then even i wud like to go with i5 and P series , i m interested in i7 and Z series considering that i will be doing multitasking in flash , corel , etc together and it would help me.
Gaming is just 10% of my total PC usage.

Looking for Quick & proper Advice that will help me spend wise !!

i7 benefits if you are using a lot of multithreaded apps. multitasking etc.
get it. its futureproof and fast.
in gaming there is little difference between 2500k and 2600k.

'biggest ever possible NO' to p67 when z68 is priced same!

the 6950 is also futureproof. i think you will like to game at highest settings for some future games too ;-)

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
I hope OP has an eye on the budget. Otherwise a i7+Z68+6950 is a deadly combination IMO. :)

OP
techking_dinesh

techking_dinesh

Digit Squad Member
My budget is 75k
its fitting well coz i m nt adding a ups.. Moreover i wanted a cooler , which is not accomodating..
can someone suggest me some coolers , cheap , sufficent and value for money !!

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
CM Hyper 212+ 2k
CM N620 2.6k (currently not available. not sure if it will be in future. search for it.)

venram87700

Learnin in progress
dinesh from where did u get the price quote for sapphire 6950 buddy im lookin for a gfx card my self would be buyin it nxt month if i can get a 2gb for the price u mentioned ill surely go for it

OP
techking_dinesh

techking_dinesh

Digit Squad Member
^ u will get that at smcinternational.in

my dealer is having a tough time finding corsair 750TX PSU , any alternatives ??
even d gfx card is not available anywhere at lamington road, though i m trying my best , can there be any alternative ?

OP
techking_dinesh

techking_dinesh

Digit Squad Member
i did nt ask anything local .. they dont keep corsair here .. they r still selling cabinets which comes with smps.. so i ll ask them to get whateva u ppl sugest. they r offering tx850 but that wud be too much for my budget guess, they dont hav tx650 , tx750 so wat now ??

and yes jas if i buy card ol, then definately that one from SMC

Top Bottom