need info abt APC UPS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kalyan

Journeyman
This might be a noob qn. but I don't understand the complete operation of my APC ups. I am using APC UPS ES 650. there is only one button, two LEDs, one reset button. pls clear me if what I am doing below is normal or not.

1) When the ups is off and is charging, there is no indication. The indicator light is on only when the ups is on..
2) I normally press the button once, hear a short beep and then, the amber light flashes for some time (I think this is self test. does it have to run every time?). The same to switch the ups off.
3) As per the manual, holding the button for 10 sec would switch to program mode to choose high / med / low levels.
4) Is there a way to switch the ups on when there is no power..

I am a bit confused because, the same button is being used for various operations and APC doesn't provide the operation in the manual. only trouble shooting is listed.

Thanks a lot..

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
Well I found this. It tells how the sensitivity can be selected. Pretty straight forward.

I do not think so, it can be switched ON, if power is OFF.

fallin_a

finding a way out !!!
press the switch for some time wen there is no power to start the computer.

rest all things u stated is correct and dats how it works.

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
^^
And that is what I told him. If there is no electricity in the house, and he tries to turn the UPS 'on', it does not turn on. At least my APC 1.1KVA does not.

It turns ON when there is power feed from back, and if the power feed is cut off, then it starts to provide back up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom