NEED IEM under Rs600 {BASS FREAK HERE}

powerhoney

Cyborg Agent
Wait for a week... Am busy this week... Initial impressions are that the bass (gold) filters are good but not that big a upgrade from other similarly priced iems like piston 2... But the neutral (brass) filters are mind blowing... It's got a sound signature that I personally like and you'll hear all the little details that you didn't know even existed in a song... Build quality is good, not top notch but at the price it's quite sturdily built and looks like it's going to last a while...

Raghul

Broken In
Ordered KZ ED9(w/o mic) on hifinage.com. waiting to ship.

Order Items
Quantity Name SKU Price Subtotal
1 Knowledge Zenith ED9 (Mic: Without_Mic) HFN44 INR 735.33 INR 735.33 INR 735.33

SubTotal : INR 838.28
Shipping and Handling Fee : INR 130.00
Tax Total : INR 102.95
Total: INR 968.28

v.Na5h

Off Hook!
Wait for a week... Am busy this week... Initial impressions are that the bass (gold) filters are good but not that big a upgrade from other similarly priced iems like piston 2... But the neutral (brass) filters are mind blowing... It's got a sound signature that I personally like and you'll hear all the little details that you didn't know even existed in a song... Build quality is good, not top notch but at the price it's quite sturdily built and looks like it's going to last a while...
In short is it better than piston or not

powerhoney

Cyborg Agent
The brass (neutral) filter is a big upgrade over the piston 2... It even puts all the sub 2-2.5k iems that I have heard to shame... The closest clarity and detail from the IEMs that I have heard that resembles the ED9 is the signature acoustics c-12...
The bass filter on the other hand tends to lose clarity at higher volumes... Also, if you are a bass head and love muddy overpowering bass, you should look elsewhere... The ED9s bass filter do sound good but I wish the bass could have been a little tighter...

Techguy

In the zone
The brass (neutral) filter is a big upgrade over the piston 2... It even puts all the sub 2-2.5k iems that I have heard to shame... The closest clarity and detail from the IEMs that I have heard that resembles the ED9 is the signature acoustics c-12...
The bass filter on the other hand tends to lose clarity at higher volumes... Also, if you are a bass head and love muddy overpowering bass, you should look elsewhere... The ED9s bass filter do sound good but I wish the bass could have been a little tighter...

Sound Isolation? I travel by bus; will it leak noises from outside?>

powerhoney

Cyborg Agent
Sound Isolation? I travel by bus; will it leak noises from outside?>
Noise isolation is decent... When you are listening to music, you won't hear outside noise... While the music is paused, you can have a conversation without taking out the IEMs... It also depends on the device you are going to drive the IEMs... For reference, the devices I used were iPod Touch 4g, Xperia Z1, Meizu M1 note and my Y500... The M1 note struggles to drive these IEMs though...
About noise leakage, no idea... Haven't tested that as I don't care about that...

powerhoney

Cyborg Agent
Build Quality? Are they durable? They fit well, prone to falling out?
Build quality is decent... Could have been better but at this price I won't complain... About durability, it's been just around 10 days that I have used it so let's see how it fares in the long run...
Doesn't fall out even when I jog...

Anyway, what are you gonna use to drive these or any other IEMs that you'll buy??? These IEMs fare much better with a good driving device... Something like an iPod touch 4g (although its the sh!ttiest sounding iPod ever made) or an xperia z1...

Techguy

In the zone
Build quality is decent... Could have been better but at this price I won't complain... About durability, it's been just around 10 days that I have used it so let's see how it fares in the long run...

Anyway, what are you gonna use to drive these or any other IEMs that you'll buy??? These IEMs fare much better with a good driving device... Something like an iPod touch 4g (although its the sh!ttiest sounding iPod ever made) or an xperia z1...

Will probably be buying a MotoG3; audio output is supposedly good.
Just checked phonearena. .they measure audio output..... G3 puts out 0.377V (Xperia Z1 0.29V). Was checking GSMArena, motog3 has better output than the Z1 when it comes to THD, noise, dynamic range... should drive them just fine.

I'm just curious about noise leaking in from outside (noise isolation) compared the the Piston3 (or in general). Could you please try using them in a noisy area and get back to me? As I said, I travel in a noisy bus, and would like good sound isolation.

- - - Updated - - -

Btw have you tried the Piston 3?

mastercool8695

Cyborg Agent
I was looking to buy an IEM under similar price range (~600) or less.
I'll jump in here.
I'm just fed up of repairing my Motorola Headsets almost every other week.
but i just love them, they are not at all noise cancelling, but now, with so much repairs, even the Button on the remote isn't working, because I soldered all connections really good, and applied Fevikwik in the whole assembly so that it doesn't fall apart, and what i got was a stuck button, i'm not opening that now, or it will be broken permanently.

enough blabbering,
I'm a rough user.
I'm not sure about Sound tech terms, but only about bass and treble, I want a good combo of both, like motorola headphones which come with the moto phones. a little bit higher on the bass would be better.
the remote option is not like a must have, but always feels nicer to change the songs without picking out my phone every time.

and what is the gold and brass filters (in ED9)
how does it make any difference ? they are the mesh type thing in front of the nozzle(the sound outlet) right ?

powerhoney

Cyborg Agent
Okay, guys who have been asking me, I'll test the noise isolation and leakage when I get the time... Kinda busy now...
Anyway, it's more a case of Piston 3 vs KZ as of now...
Obviously, the Piston 3 is miles ahead in term of build quality at least on paper...
But, a forum member recently had his piston 2 wires conk out with just a little rough handling so I'll take all that kevlar etc mumbo jumbo with a pinch of salt...
Moreover, since I personally have never heard the Piston 3, I'll not be able to comment on how it fares vs the ED9...
Between the ED9 and the piston 2, I'll pick the ED9 any day... The piston 2 over emphasises towards bass which I personally don't like... The ED9 though has a nice neutral sound signature with awesome clarity!!!

powerhoney

Cyborg Agent
The ED9 is the $heetz, man... I am falling more in love with it day by day... [MENTION=113025]mastercool8695[/MENTION] For rough handling I guess you are better off sticking with Pistons...

Top Bottom