Need help with hatchback choice

Ronnie11

Judgement Time!!
Hey guys,i am planning to buy a car soon...am looking for a small hatchback.....i narrowed down to the following options

1- Hyundai I20 2012 Model
2- Ford Figo
3- Suzuki swift(Ruled out)
4-Honda Jazz(Bought on 3rd July)

won't be running much...so i am looking for a petrol car...i need good interiors,good ride quality,good suspensions,also i don't want the car to feel underpowered....the clutch response should be good....my budget is about 6.5 lakhs(Mumbai)...Pls help me decide...i looked at i20 first & i liked it but my friends tell me that it has poor resale value & basically its a poor choice..can anyone enlighten me....

pls help guys...i know this is not a automobile forum...but i think people would have some clue about it here as well...pls...am not a member of teambhp or anything...pls pls pls... :(

Bought Honda jazz...Thank you all...esp papul1993,ritvij,ssk_the_gr8

Last edited:

Shah

Cyborg Agent
If diesel variant was your requirement, i would have suggested i20. The New Swift is better than i20. The only problem with the New Swift is the legroom and the small-sized hatch.

If you are buying Swift, dont go for diesel variant. It's under-powered.

OP
Ronnie11

Ronnie11

Judgement Time!!
i am only looking at petrol variant not diesel....that was one of the reasons y i didn't like swift...its leg room is not that impressive than compared to i20..but still i needed people's opinion on this..if people suggest swift here,then i will go for it....leg room is an important priority...

i heard honda jazz is upward of 7.5 lakhs in mumbai..any idea what the price is?i didn't look at it thinking its beyond my budget

help me pls someone anyone out there...waaah!!

ritvij

rated R
honda jazz had a recent price cut and should be well under your budget..
IMHO, go for the i20.. i have it for the last 2 years.. it wont feel underpowered if you get its servicing right! ASS of the i20 is great! the newer model is even better.. and its spacious! way more spacious than the swift! interiors are pretty impressive!

OP
Ronnie11

Ronnie11

Judgement Time!!
honda jazz had a recent price cut and should be well under your budget..
IMHO, go for the i20.. i have it for the last 2 years.. it wont feel underpowered if you get its servicing right! ASS of the i20 is great! the newer model is even better.. and its spacious! way more spacious than the swift! interiors are pretty impressive!

Thanks a lot...will look at honda jazz now..but any clue how much is the on road price??i googled & got an ex showroom price between 6.10-6.70...so am guessing adding another lakh makes the on road price...so its above 7 already..isn't that expensive for a hatchback...in comparison to i20..does it give more features,leg space etc??

ritvij

rated R
^leg room's almost the same.. the only difference is storage space.. also you can even look at the new city.. i know it ain;t hatcjback but will give you terrific VFM.. else go for the i20 which is a better overall package!

OP
Ronnie11

Ronnie11

Judgement Time!!
Honda city is out of my budget & i kind of having space issues in my house...hence looking for a hatchback...am going now to check out honda jazz...

papul1993

not a newbie.....
Honda Jazz is an amazing car dude.

I personally don't like Hyundai cars. They are like Samsung of automotive industry. Many models that look the same. Sells a lot. But average - below average build and ride quality.

Akshay

Cyborg Agent
All honda dealers are offering big discount on Jazz...U tell them your budget and they will work out something for you.

OP
Ronnie11

Ronnie11

Judgement Time!!
All honda dealers are offering big discount on Jazz...U tell them your budget and they will work out something for you.

i asked one of the dealers...said no discount...surprisingly no one yet is giving any discounts...not hyundai not honda...nothing in petrol variant...will try some other dealer in honda tomorrow..thanks

OP
Ronnie11

Ronnie11

Judgement Time!!
ok i asked again... No one is willing to give any discount on honda jazz...don't know y...there is also no waiting period...should i be alarmed??Is he selling me old stock??Even i20 2012 has no waiting period..how come??

Akshay

Cyborg Agent
New swift diesel is ruling right now so most other hatchbacks have no / little waiting period. My friend was offered huge discounts on Honda City and Jazz last month by all dealers but he finally bought Fabia petrol with big discount.

I will try n let you know the dealers who were offering discounts

Blue Ripazah

THE CHOSEN ONE
either go for jazz or i20
jazz is amazing with the i-vtec engine and with enough room
but if it doesnt suits your budget yo can opt for i20

OP
Ronnie11

Ronnie11

Judgement Time!!
New swift diesel is ruling right now so most other hatchbacks have no / little waiting period. My friend was offered huge discounts on Honda City and Jazz last month by all dealers but he finally bought Fabia petrol with big discount.

I will try n let you know the dealers who were offering discounts

oh i c...thanks...thought no waiting period means selling old stocks...am quite a noob at this...ahh bummer...missed by a month...thanks..would be grateful if u could find one...

loved both jazz & i20...confused as hell...

either go for jazz or i20
jazz is amazing with the i-vtec engine and with enough room
but if it doesnt suits your budget yo can opt for i20

comparing both in terms of leg space..which one has better....because length & width wise,it is almost similar....i20 seems to be giving me more equipments than honda jazz but honda quality is pretty good so...should i wait to see if there are offers in june??Only ford seems to be offering some sort of incentive...but ruled out ford figo now...is i20 inferior in quality compared to jazz & in what way?

Also this friend of mine says honda jazz has bad resale value..any ideas?

Anish

Spectre
Dude, extend your budget (If you can) and go with jazz. You will like it.
And about the reselling value - I didn't hear anything like that.. May be, you must find a good reseller.

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
i20 is good. But the AC is not affective, and the driving seat is painful to the back. Very.

Top Bottom