Need help with Cooling related queries

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
GUYS,need help urgently i have a zotac 9800 gt 1gb graphics card(synergy edition),i want to replace its stock cooler with an after market one...can any one suggest something and where i can buy the same in india...my budget is around 2.5k...

Bad decision. That graphics card is ultra old. Get a new card.

hawx

Broken In
well i thought abt workaround,i'm planning a DIY on the 9800 gt,planning to screw on extra fan on the heatsink of the card and see the temperature...
lets see how it goes around...

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ that's really a cool idea - if possible use a LED 80mm fan and post the results with a pic of-course.

hawx

Broken In
WELL couldnt stick the 80mm,cause the card has very less space on to mount,so i'm planning to get something smaller,probably the cooling fans used inside DVD players or AMPs,searching the market for one,as soon i'll get one i'll post the pics of DIY...

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
try for some VGA cooler on ebay.in - this would be much easier but pricier ;-) under 2.5k you can get some decent after market coolers for 9800GT.

BTW, Zotac offers 5 years warranty ( 2 years standard and 3 years more upon registering ), so if your carrd is still under warranty you better send it for RMA.

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
try for some VGA cooler on ebay.in - this would be much easier but pricier ;-) under 2.5k you can get some decent after market coolers for 9800GT.

BTW, Zotac offers 5 years warranty ( 2 years standard and 3 years more upon registering ), so if your carrd is still under warranty you better send it for RMA.

Getting a VGA cooler for GT9800, make absolutely no sense to me at all.

Top Bottom