Need help on Mac Leopard

Status
Not open for further replies.

aneek

Broken In
Hi,
I have brought a mac book recently.......But the problem is that I don't know how to configure BSNL Broadband connection in Leopard..

My modem is........
HUAWEI Quidway WA1003A
PLZ PLZ help me on this.....

dheeraj_kumar

Legen-wait for it-dary!
Please. Google. Its there for a reason.

*www.thejackol.com/2005/10/10/configuring-dataone-on-mac-os-x-tiger/

Its for tiger, but I'm sure you can adapt it to leopard.

And, using different fonts, styles, sizes doesnt make you look cooler. It actually makes you look dumb. And it doesnt really make anyone want to answer your question.

*img66.imageshack.us/img66/3152/noobew5.jpg
*img66.imageshack.us/img66/3152/noobew5.a438594114.jpg

goobimama

 Macboy
1. Join up with the macboy on the Apple thread. You will get all the *proper* help you need there.
2. You need to setup your modem as a router. Here's how you do it.
Connect it to your mac via the ethernet cable (USB won't work I think). Then enter 192.168.1.1 in Safari.
- admin/admin will be your user/pass
- Then make a new connection from there (will depend on what your modem config page is like. If you could provide a screenshot, I could maybe help).

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
Congratulations on your purchase! :)

Configuring a router is pretty easy. Like goobimama said, check out the Apple thread and help us out with a few screenshots (hit Apple-Shift-3 to take a screenshot of the whole screen and have it saved on the Desktop).

@Aneek,Welcome to the elite club!
Just to System Prefrences>Network>Click on the + sign at the bottom,add a new PPPoE connection,enter your username and password,click on connect.This might just work!

@Goobi,I get a feeling that his modem is already configured but net on Leapord isn't.I too had a hard time configuring the net in Leo:D

Last edited:

goobimama

 Macboy
@Aneek,Welcome to the elite club!
Just to System Prefrences>Network>Click on the + sign at the bottom,add a new PPPoE connection,enter your username and password,click on connect.This might just work!

@Goobi,I get a feeling that his modem is already configured but net on Leapord isn't.I too had a hard time configuring the net in Leo:D
Configuring net in Leopard? There is no such thing. If your modem is configured as a router, it will connect instantly.

goobimama

 Macboy
nope it won't.

My guess is, he needs to configure IP Address, DNS Servers, Gateway Paths, etc.

Tell him how to do that.
Hahaha! Kya bol raha hai bhaiyya. This is a mac. Just need to plug in the ethernet cable, or if its a Wifi connection its even better. Fit itna mast, no adjust.

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
nope it won't.

My guess is, he needs to configure IP Address, DNS Servers, Gateway Paths, etc.

Tell him how to do that.
No, it’s not required. I went to our new office yesterday where they have newly taken a net connection. When I sat in front of my desk and plugged the ethernet cable in, the receptionist brought me a list of the IP address, DNS server and gateways and stuff. I was entering it in the System Preferences and even before I was done, my Mac chimed up with the new email sound. Turns out, when I plugged in the cable, it automatically created a new profile for it, got the settings from somewhere all by itself and connected me automatically. I just discarded the settings I was halfway through configuring.

That’s how a Mac works.

nish_higher

Wise Old Owl
congrats.no need to configure anything on leopard (or any OS) if the modem is configured properly..yea dhcp should be enabled.my modem worked without any tweak on leopard.

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
Need more proof, MetalheadGautham?

You’ve got to stop assuming that just because someone refuses to subject himself to Linux, they don’t know anything about technology and computers. That’s not how it works.

THATS DCHP
No, it’s not required. I went to our new office yesterday where they have newly taken a net connection. When I sat in front of my desk and plugged the ethernet cable in, the receptionist brought me a list of the IP address, DNS server and gateways and stuff. I was entering it in the System Preferences and even before I was done, my Mac chimed up with the new email sound. Turns out, when I plugged in the cable, it automatically created a new profile for it, got the settings from somewhere all by itself and connected me automatically. I just discarded the settings I was halfway through configuring.

That’s how a Mac works.

I don't think he has enabled DCHP on his modem.:p

Its funny when you never know what you are talking about and say "thats how mac works". Its REALLY REALLY amusing.

This thing works on every OS, including low end 2mb size Operating Systems:rolleyes:

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
^^yeah...lol
DHCP magic isn't it ?

And i too always get connected in Ubuntu or say any other linux distro without even configuring the DNS etc stuff
I have enabled DHCP option in router :D

Raaabo

The Dark Lord
Staff member
Admin
lol, that was good for a laugh... nice find ICO.

Apparently, Leopard could magically connect to a non-DHCP network, get IP, get WiFi password, connect, log into your email account, get new mail, fix improperly crimped LAN cables, upgrade the inferior PC components on the network, assimilate the M$ users, make you coffee and give you a foot massage...

Liverpool_fan

Sami Hyypiä, LFC legend

That’s how a Mac works.
*s3.amazonaws.com/files.posterous.com/lexielex/YcK9PcoxgF9FTE99u9xzTZD2r5kvKMBZF8xthvXMesc2Z2I3xhgugDbeCQuN/Cool_story_bro.jpeg?AWSAccessKeyId=AKIAJFZAE65UYRT34AOQ&Expires=1318349627&Signature=U%2BrdOvT%2BihEgRwhIiglHu23wkTQ%3D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom