Need Help New Processor + Mobo + Ram around 15K

Sainatarajan

Wise Old Owl
Few More Questions plz tell me difference btw FX 6100 & 6300
difference btw Asus M5A97 R.20 % Asus M5A97
and how SMC International cost on shipping
(asking coz only getting FX 6100 and Asus M5A97 locally) :banghead:

>>>The FX 6300 is Vishera and FX 6100 is a Bulldozer . The FX 6300 is a newer CPU and performs Better than FX 6100 . Since both the CPUs are almost priced the same , it is better to go with the newer one i.e. FX 6300.

Cilus

laborare est orare
FX-6300 is based on slightly modified Bulldozer architecture (used in FX-6100), known as Piledriver. It offers lesser power consumption, higher IPC or Instructions per Clock Cycle and speed advantage. It's performance is noticeably better than FX-6100 and sometimes touches i5 3450

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
Asus M5A97 evo R.20 has better build quality and overclocking potential than Asus M5A97 R.20. Opt for the former if budget permits.

OP
Bhargav

Bhargav

In the zone
Hi all
I need to upgrade my CPU coz i m not able to play new games on my current config.SO currently i need 3 things which is Processor + Mobo + Ram. i ll buy NEW GC + HDD or SDD later.

1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans:Games Like Farcry 3 , BioShock Infinite , Batman: Arkham Origins , WatchDogs And DOTA 2 etc :p

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans: 15K for Processor-mobo-Ram only +1 or 2 if needed
Now its 25K Will neeed a PSU also (Updated)
3. Planning to overclock?
Ans:No (Updated)

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans: 64bit windows 7

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans: i have 250gb atm dont need other for now

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans:i have Samsung 22" LED (S22B370H) Resoluion 1920x1080

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans: HDD,Monitor my old GC (which is asus 210 :( ) for now (i m planing to buy new GC after a month )

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: JUNE 30 max (Updated)

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans:i have built before

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans: Vadodara, Locally + online

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans: i want to buy Nvidia GC only (dont know why but may be coz dont know much abt ATI cards thats why)
Plz also mention GC which i want to buy after a month

:wave:
Thank you :)

FEW days ago my old PC stopped Woking so it was right choice for me to upgraded the pc but now i neeed few more components Like PSU So now i have made few changes n have extended my budget by 25K
(n i ll also get like 8k more after july 10) so now i ll going all in for my next RIG plz tell me regarding this config

OP
Bhargav

Bhargav

In the zone
I think my old GPU 210 has also stop working not sure i ll go to my friend's home n check it on sunday
so is Asus m5a97 evo gpu depended?

avinandan012

Cyborg Agent
I think my old GPU 210 has also stop working not sure i ll go to my friend's home n check it on sunday
so is Asus m5a97 evo gpu depended?
no display? display corruption?
did you by any chance updated drivers cause last driver(320.18) is though few bricking gpus

OP
Bhargav

Bhargav

In the zone
no display? display corruption?
did you by any chance updated drivers cause last driver(320.18) is though few bricking gpus

Yes i did updated drivers
n problem which i m facing is no display......... :banghead:

There was some smellll when last time my pc was on after that i m not getting display

Get the following:-

AMD FX-6300 (6 Core, 3.5 GHz with 4.2 GHz Turbo, 6 MB L2 + 8 MB L3 Cache) @ 7.3K
Asus M5A97 R.20 @ 6.2K
Corsair Vengeance 4GB 1600 MHz CL9 DDR3 @ 2.2K

Total: 15.7K

For Graphics Card, what is the budget?

Another vote for this.

do not buy fx6100

^^yes GPU is must while using FX.

so better upgrade whole rig when you can!

Hiii guys

At last i have now decided that i ll get following

AMD FX-6300 (6 Core, 3.5 GHz with 4.2 GHz Turbo, 6 MB L2 + 8 MB L3 Cache) @ 7.7K (locally)
MOBO : Asus M5A97 EVO R.20 @ 7K (locally)
Ram : G.skill RipjawsX 4gb (flipkart) [might go for 8GB]
PSU : Seasonic s12 520watt (flipkart)

I ll keep rest money for GPU

Few things why i didnt selected 8350
> Coz i download 2 much,so pc ll be on whole night as the power consumption of 6300 is less i ll get it
> FX 6300 has better value, i get more performance for my money.
> by saving thos money i ll get a better GPU n most important i ll get the GPU faster

oh yes my old GPU is still working (at least i can play DOTA 2 till my NEW GPU comes )

So anything i need change now? :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Last edited:

Cilus

laborare est orare
The idle power consumption of Piledriver based processors are almost same as the Intel Processors. So no need to worry while downloading.

ankush28

Bazinga
^^yeah agree there is not much difference in power consumption by the way getting good gpu seems better as main gaming performence is by gpu.

OP
Bhargav

Bhargav

In the zone
Cilus , harshilsharma63 , avinandan012 , ankush28 , Risspartan117
Thanks to u all guys my pc is up n running :) just now :bananana::bananana::bananana::bananana:

DSCN4723.jpg

Cheers :wub::wub::wub::wub:

Cilus

laborare est orare
Congratulation bro and welcome to the FX owners club. Do post some assembling pics too.

Top Bottom