Need help in buying new tv - size vs features. is 3d important?

azad

Broken In
Hi all,

I am planning to buy a new tv (max budget of Rs 1 lakh). Should i go in for a flagship model (lg(5700/6500), samsung 7000 series) or something that is bigger in size ( plasma - 50 inch). Also, how important are the 3d features? anyone using 3d or converting 2d to 3d? reviews/opinions pls.

cheers

Last edited:

Sarath

iDota
3D well. If you are not buying a new TV in another 2 or more likely 3 years then only go for 3D now.

We hardly see a bunch of channels in HD now, movies are also arguably not benefitted by 3D (unless James Cameroon steps in) and games I have no idea. Either ways, I suggest you choose a 40 or 42" if you have a 15X15 room or a 50incher if you have something like 15x20.

I have a 40 incher at 10feet and it's awesome for games, painful for normal viewing. If viewing distance is atleast 15feet then get a 40 or 50incher :)

Plasma or LCD is your choice. Plasma's have better PQ though. Contact Kirloyquasar for his opinions. We discussed at length over his choice of TV too. Same budget, 42".

Features = you mean bloat ware? Ok they might give you more features but the execution is poor. Go through each feature and only choose them if you have use for it.

OP
A

azad

Broken In
thanks for the updates...room size is 20*11...also i had a look at the 47" lg 6500. they are asking a price of Rs 1.18 lakhs. is this a good price? also, any inputs on the tv?

cheers

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
^^ Yup that's a very good choice. The good thing about that tv is it incorporates passive 3d technology that hurts eyes much less than active 3d. Its the same thing incorporated in cinema halls like imax (Real D 3d).

So that's a good choice. You can refer this article to know more about active and passive 3d: Complete 3D TV technical guide

Top Bottom