Need Help In Buying a 1 Ton Split Inverter AC

jackal_79

Get Digit ized
Hi, As the title suggests i am in need of buying one above. I am totally clueless on how to go about selecting. This much i have decided:

My room length is 11 * 10 * 10. So i would require a 1 Ton AC
It should be an invertor A/C for reduced power consumption.
I would not be buying online

I am not aware which is the good brand or anything else to check.Please suggest.

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Check bijilibacho site. You will get rough idea about what kinda AC you need and even possibly the model/brand.

ajayritik

Technomancer
Hi, As the title suggests i am in need of buying one above. I am totally clueless on how to go about selecting. This much i have decided:

My room length is 11 * 10 * 10. So i would require a 1 Ton AC
It should be an invertor A/C for reduced power consumption.
I would not be buying online

I am not aware which is the good brand or anything else to check.Please suggest.

I would suggest to look for brands like Hitachi and Daikin for starters.
Other features and options maybe you can figure out yourselves.
I have been using one for past 6 years touchwood.
Thanks to my friend who suggested this brand.

OP
jackal_79

jackal_79

Get Digit ized
Check bijilibacho site. You will get rough idea about what kinda AC you need and even possibly the model/brand.
I have gone through that site and then decided on the capacity (1 Ton). There is a AC calculator which has suggested for a 1 Ton AC. However, it suggested a 3 star rating AC is enough for me. I am not sure about that.

- - - Updated - - -

I would suggest to look for brands like Hitachi and Daikin for starters.
Other features and options maybe you can figure out yourselves.
I have been using one for past 6 years touchwood.
Thanks to my friend who suggested this brand.
What is your brand and model? What about brands like Bluestar & Carrier?

nac

Aspiring Novelist
I have gone through that site and then decided on the capacity (1 Ton). There is a AC calculator which has suggested for a 1 Ton AC. However, it suggested a 3 star rating AC is enough for me. I am not sure about that.
May be for your usage, it's not worth spending extra on 5 star rated model. If your usage is just few hours a day, I think it's okay to go for a 3 star rated model.

OP
jackal_79

jackal_79

Get Digit ized
Anyone knows anything about brands like Electrolux or Lloyd?. How are they?

Sent from my LG-D802T using Tapatalk

Minion

Conversation Architect
Anyone knows anything about brands like Electrolux or Lloyd?. How are they?

Sent from my LG-D802T using Tapatalk

Stick to better known brands.

Sharp AH-XP13PMT is also a good option too.
Sharp AH-XP13PMT Split AC (1.1 Ton, White): Amazon.in: Home & Kitche

Last edited:
OP
jackal_79

jackal_79

Get Digit ized
Stick to better known brands.

Sharp AH-XP13PMT is also a good option too.
Sharp AH-XP13PMT Split AC (1.1 Ton, White): Amazon.in: Home & Kitche

I was told that electrolux and Lloyd were brands good in AC. How about brands like voltas & Daikin ? Is there any site where i can compare all these?

Minion

Conversation Architect
I was told that electrolux and Lloyd were brands good in AC. How about brands like voltas & Daikin ? Is there any site where i can compare all these?

Voltas and Daikin are good but installation of daikin is expensive.

icebags

Technomancer
^how long u plan to use the ac everyday anyways ? another thing is, if u r sitting in one of those dry areas, u may as well enjoy an air cooler too.

OP
jackal_79

jackal_79

Get Digit ized
^how long u plan to use the ac everyday anyways ? another thing is, if u r sitting in one of those dry areas, u may as well enjoy an air cooler too.
I am from kerala. Here we have a killer summer every year. So basically the ac is for summer and occasional hot days there after. During summer ac will be on almost always. Hope this explains my usage.

Minion

Conversation Architect
I am from kerala. Here we have a killer summer every year. So basically the ac is for summer and occasional hot days there after. During summer ac will be on almost always. Hope this explains my usage.

Since you will be using AC all most all day get Hitachi KASHIKOI 5300I (RAU512IWEA) for 54k its most efficient and will save lot in electric bills.
Or you may go with Hitachi TOUSHI PRO 3200I (RAU312KWEA) for 45k

icebags

Technomancer
Since you will be using AC all most all day get Hitachi KASHIKOI 5300I (RAU512IWEA) for 54k its most efficient and will save lot in electric bills.
Or you may go with Hitachi TOUSHI PRO 3200I (RAU312KWEA) for 45k

^ +1 +1 inverter must, for all day usage ! :loser_NF:

OP
jackal_79

jackal_79

Get Digit ized
Going through the bijlibachao site, the most recommended brand seems to be hitachi. But they seem to be costlier than voltas or godrej.I found 3 models of Hitachi (KASHIKOI 5200I (RAU512AWEA), NEO 4200I (RAU412EWEAD) & ACE 4200I (RAU412EWEAS) ) almost on the same price range. But i am not sure what is their difference other than the star rating. Is there anywhere i can compare these and narrow it down? ( i didn't find any comparison tool in hitachi website.

Minion

Conversation Architect
Going through the bijlibachao site, the most recommended brand seems to be hitachi. But they seem to be costlier than voltas or godrej.I found 3 models of Hitachi (KASHIKOI 5200I (RAU512AWEA), NEO 4200I (RAU412EWEAD) & ACE 4200I (RAU412EWEAS) ) almost on the same price range. But i am not sure what is their difference other than the star rating. Is there anywhere i can compare these and narrow it down? ( i didn't find any comparison tool in hitachi website.

Hitachi is only company whose ACs are most energy efficient well sharp used to be that but slowly they are stopping selling ACs. You can find out energy efficiency with IEER rating don't fall for ISER or anything else they are different units only reason some company are using it because it looks better or to fool people.

Kashikoi models are top end models from hitachi they are very energy efficient with better cooling and with some additional feature.Then comes ACE.

- - - Updated - - -

What about Panasonic? I eat planning on getting one next month. I only want Japanese.

Hitachi is japanese too.

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
If you are planning to use the AC for more than 12 hrs a day buy non other than the Daikin FTKM/ATKM series or the Hitachi Kashikoi series. They chill and saves the most electricity among all ACs.Daikin comes with installation kit now so it's no more expensive to install as it used to be.

OP
jackal_79

jackal_79

Get Digit ized
If you are planning to use the AC for more than 12 hrs a day buy non other than the Daikin FTKM/ATKM series or the Hitachi Kashikoi series. They chill and saves the most electricity among all ACs.Daikin comes with installation kit now so it's no more expensive to install as it used to be.

Hi, like i mentioned earlier i will be using it only in the summer and very less during other seasons. So will it be enough if go for NEO or ACE model? Although i don't understand the pricing given in bijli website. All 3 are having same price!. How is that possible if all are of different categories?

Top Bottom