Need help in building pc

Tenida

Gadget Freak
Custom pcb means non-reference design.Example of non-reference design is Msi gtx560ti tfII

Tarun

In the zone
find a
Core i5 25ook 13k
Asus Maximus IV Genez/Gen3 @13k(its a ROG series motherboard and u get a Xi-Fi onboard and that really cool)
G.skill 2x4GB RipJawX 1600Mhz @ 3.1k
Seasonic S12II 520w 3.7k
Sapphire or MSI or Asus 6850 9.5k
NZXT Source 210 Elite 2.6k(with usb3 on the front panel) best case for its price
HDD 500 GB 4.2k
total i guess 49k

@ vipimg : when r u going to order it ? flipkart prices seems a bit over priced. try to contact these guys with your configuration, and get a price quote. May be they dont have all the stuff listed on their website, but they will provide all of it for a better price hopefully.

website : - Intel Server Builder - The one stop shop for Enterprise and SOHO solutions
Email : info@intelserverbuilder.com

Souro_Ray

In the zone
The 6850 is a very good card, but not the best if OP wants to play at HD resolution with eye candy set to very high, i.e. 1920x1080

ROG motherboards are sexy for sure! But i think they might be overkill for the OP :p

OP
V

vipimg

Broken In
Sold my phone yesterday so didn't know wat's going on the thread on my friends pc now & man lots of update........

THX Souro_Ray for the detail on Graphic card still which is the best company (I am going for the 2Gb ver)

NZXT Source 210 Elite 2.6k(with usb3 on the front panel) Is this new & any good if it is it would save me some money......

harryneopotter my helper from the start s i have given my configuration to some stores over here did get reply yet .....Also i will check out the site which u have given.

Last edited:

Souro_Ray

In the zone
If you want to go for the 2GB version, no better version to go for than the MSI Twin Frozr III edition of the HD6950. Factory overclocked, fitted with a very good cooler and you can overclock it further if you wish. For the HD 6950, the second choice would be Sapphire. So, first choice is MSI Twin Frozr. If you cant find it, then Sapphire.

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
Can you throw a light on why the Coolermaster Silent Pro 600W is bad choice???
And Second the price is not 9.2K, its 5.8K at smcinternational.

I highlighted it as a very bad choice considering the price tag of 9.2K as correct information. As it is 5.8K at SMC, then it is as good as HX650 and recommended.

Souro_Ray

In the zone
Corsair's PSUs have a reputation of being pretty darn good. Even their sub standard PSU, the CX430 V1, is a solid performer. But this is just IMO. Call me a Corsair fanboy, if you want :) i personally like that company a lot

OP
V

vipimg

Broken In
Finely its done & around my price range :):):)

Intel Core i5 2500

Intel DH67BL Motherboard

G-skill Ripjaws X F3-12800CL9S-4GBXL (x2)

Seagate Barracuda 500GB (ST500DM002)

Seasonic 520W Power Supply (S12II-520)

NZXT SOURCE 210 ELITE(THX to Tarun)

All together it comes around Rs.30,000.00 With out graphic's card

MSI Twin Frozr III edition HD 6950 2gb were to buy it is it available now?

Or next to it

Last edited:

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
Change i5-2500 with i5-2400.

As a non-K series processor, 2400 is good vfm purchase than 2500.

But if 200MHz speed bump is essential for you, then go with 2500.

Last edited:

Tenida

Gadget Freak
Finely its done & around my price range :):):)

Intel Core i5 2500

Intel DH67BL Motherboard

G-skill Ripjaws X F3-12800CL9S-4GBXL (x2)

Seagate Barracuda 500GB (ST500DM002)

Seasonic 520W Power Supply (S12II-520)

NZXT SOURCE 210 ELITE(THX to Tarun)

All together it comes around Rs.30,000.00 With out graphic's card

MSI Twin Frozr III edition HD 6950 2gb were to buy it is it available now?

Or next to it

Perfect Configuration :).Just one advice, change the listed psu to something more powerful.My suggestion will be Seasonic S12 II 620 Watt, it will add some more headroom for future upgrade.We don't upgrade Cabinet and Psu much that's why.

Cilus

laborare est orare
Change the Ram to Corsair Value series 1333 MHz 4GB DDR3 X 2 @ 1.1KX2= 2.2K. The reason is that H67 chip-set does not support Ram speed more than 1333 MHz and any thing over that will be automatically under-clocked to 1333 MHz. So the G-skill 1600 MHz ram will behave just like a 1333 MHz CL9 Ram.

OP
V

vipimg

Broken In
Change the Ram to Corsair Value series 1333 MHz 4GB DDR3 X 2 @ 1.1KX2= 2.2K. The reason is that H67 chip-set does not support Ram speed more than 1333 MHz and any thing over that will be automatically under-clocked to 1333 MHz. So the G-skill 1600 MHz ram will behave just like a 1333 MHz CL9 Ram.

This i like i need info like this its really helpful.............THX Cilus :doublethumb:

So final answer to my puzzle which top 2gb graphic's card(which ever is available Or i can go for 1gb ) & were 2 buy them..........

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
So final answer to my puzzle which top 2gb graphic's card(which ever is available Or i can go for 1gb ) & were 2 buy them..........

Quality of graphic card isn't determined by the amount of VRAM they have. ;)
To gain some quick knowledge, see this link.

Tenida

Gadget Freak
Quality of graphic card isn't determined by the amount of VRAM they have. ;)
To gain some quick knowledge, see this link.

Quality is depends upon money you spend on the product.

This i like i need info like this its really helpful.............THX Cilus :doublethumb:

Better buy the 2Gb version of Amd 6950.Prefer brand will be MSI,sapphire,powercolor.

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
No, VRAM will come to your rescue only when you are running multi-monitor setup specially with 3D. Otherwise, for all of the latest games, 1GB VRAM is enough. ;)
And another thing to remember, all of the sub 11K graphic cards do not have more than 1GB of VRAM.

Actually quality of graphic card = amount of VRAM present is a common misconception which we can see almost everywhere. So no worries, you will learn everything with time.

Tenida

Gadget Freak
@OP-I will suggest for MSI R6950 2GB DDR5 Power Edition Twin Frozer III

Games like BF3 is taking more than 1GB of Vram.Its correct that 1GB is enough for now, but you don't know about the what future games will be like!!! I think it always better to buy something powerful than the current standard, as you don't buy powerful graphics card everyday.Don't hesitate buy the 2GB version.

No, VRAM will come to your rescue only when you are running multi-monitor setup specially with 3D. Otherwise, for all of the latest games, 1GB VRAM is enough. ;)

Not always correct

And another thing to remember, all of the sub 11K graphic cards do not have more than 1GB of VRAM.

So what you want to prove???
BTW. OP is buying card more than 11K mark.

Actually quality of graphic card = amount of VRAM present is a common misconception which we can see almost everywhere. So no worries, you will learn everything with time.
So you mean to say that every graphics card that uses more than 1GB of Vram is not of good quality??
AMD HD7970 uses 3GB of Vram, so according to your theory its also bad quality.
I think you need to learn more than the OP. :p

Learning without thought is labor lost; thought without learning is perilous.

Last edited:

Souro_Ray

In the zone
@d6bmg
Bro, if OP is planning to game at HD resolutions, shouldnt 2GB of VRAM be a sweet spot for him? I'm not very sure about this, so i'm asking.

If finding a 2GB version turns out to be a problem, then i agree that going with the 1GB version is the best option.

Top Bottom