Need help in building pc

Souro_Ray

In the zone
Just my 2 cents: is it worth going for a Z68 board or even a P67 board if OP isnt going to buy a "K" series processor? If he wants to go for it, then i cant stop him, of course! But i'm just saying...

Edit: My bad. I forgot that Z68 offers a direct upgrade path to Ivy Bridge. Sorry guys :p

@vipimg : Please, dont go for nzxt gamma, even if you dont need front USB. You are gettting a mid-high end system, please dont cramp it in a entry level ATX cabinet like Gamma. Even if you dont need USB 3.0 Front ports, Corsair 400R is an excellent cabinet for its price.

And if you can do with out Front USB 3.0 ports, i will suggest this config :

Component | Make | Price Processor |Intel Core i5 2500 |12300
Motherboard |Intel DH67BL|5700
RAM |G-skill Ripjaws X F3-12800CL9S-4GBXL (x2)|3200
Graphic Card |Any Brand 6950 2GB DDR5| 16400 HDD |Seagate 500GB | 4000 PSU |Seasonic S12II 520w| 3750 Case |Corsair Carbide 400R|4600
| Total |49950

Much better gaming performance, full value for money ! The Intel board suggested above is a VFM stable board, will all the required features (even has 2 USB 3.0 ports at the back, with 7.1 sound, SATA 3 Ports etc)

Last edited:

Souro_Ray

In the zone
@harryneopotter
No point pairing a K series Intel processor with an H67 board. Go with a non-K series processor if you want to suggest an H67 board.

Besides that, the choice of cabinet is gorgeous :)
And love the GPU as well.

@vipimg
If you decide to go with the HD 6950 2GB edition, go with the MSI TWIN FROZR II or III edition of it. Very good cooler and factory overclocked as well

@harryneopotter
No point pairing a K series Intel processor with an H67 board. Go with a non-K series processor if you want to suggest an H67 board.

Besides that, the choice of cabinet is gorgeous :)
And love the GPU as well.

thanks for the correction, i meant 2500 only :p ... edited my post !

@vipimg : If you cant find 6950, you can have Zotac 560TI 1GB for 14.5k as well.

Last edited:
OP
V

vipimg

Broken In
Ok almost done :)

Intel Core i5 2500 -Rs. 12116(Flipkart)
-Rs. 13205(The IT Depot) (Rs. 300 Difference for 2500k)

Intel DH67BL Motherboard -Rs. 5564(Flipkart)
-Rs. 6070(The IT Depot)

G-skill Ripjaws X F3-12800CL9S-4GBXL (x2)-Rs. 3200

Seagate Barracuda 500GB (ST500DM002)-Rs. 4664(Flipcart)
-Rs. 4800(The IT Depot)

Seasonic 520W Power Supply (S12II-520)-Rs. 3666(Flipcart)
-Rs. 3790(The IT Depot)

Corsair Carbide 400R-Rs. 4590(The IT Depot)

Power Color Radeon HD6950 2GB GDDR5 ATI PCI E Graphic Cards (AX6950-2GBD5-M2DH)

Rs. 16361(Flipcart)
Rs. 16650(The IT Depot)

Sapphire AMD Radeon HD 6950 2 GB GDDR5 Graphics Card

Rs. 16500(Flipcart)

Zotac 560TI 1GB Rs. 14196(Flipcart)

Sapphire 6870 1GB DDR5

Rs. 12466(Flipcart)

Graphic Card problem 1gb or 2gb

Which would be better for future dont let me choose this is only the final piece of the puzzle........

Souro_Ray

In the zone
In simple layman's terms, the higher the screen resolution you want to game at, the more video RAM you will need. With 2GB of Video RAM, you can safely game at 1920x1080, AKA, Full HD, with most graphical details set to max. Cheers mate!

@harryneopotter
Chill bro, mistakes happen to all of us ;)

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Sapphire AMD Radeon HD 6950 2gb is out of stock at flipkart,itwares(HIS 1gb version available),smcinternational(someone contacted about availability though site may show available),itdepot(no good brand like msi,sapphire are available only asus,xfx & powercolor)

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
@OP: can't you find any better deal in nearest local tech shops? :unsure:
Flipkart is becoming overpriced nowadays.

Tenida

Gadget Freak
Better get Sapphire/MSI/Powercolor AMD Radeon HD 6950 2 GB GDDR5 or MSI/Zotac/Asus GTX560Ti 2GB DDR5.
2GB is must for resolution more than 1080P.

OP
V

vipimg

Broken In
S i am going to the local tech shops first just needed to get a base idea of the price .....

Sapphire/MSI/Powercolor AMD Radeon HD 6950 2 GB GDDR5

or

MSI/Zotac/Asus GTX560Ti 2GB DDR5

Wats the difference y different company's for 1 same card

Tenida

Gadget Freak
Graphic Cards : Spring Refresh: The Mighty MSI (AMD) Radeon 7970 and Other GPU's at SMC...

Souro_Ray

In the zone
@vipimg
The GPU as we know it, is a tiny chip that is strapped to the PCB, or in simple terms, the "circuit board". It is this PCB which we plug into the motherboard. The relation between the CPU and the motherboard is similar to the relation between the GPU and the PCB.

The GPU is made by the 2 main players in the graphics market: AMD (formerly ATI) and nVidia. They manufacture the GPUs and give them to third party manufacturers, who in turn, design their own custom mainboard for the GPU, add their own custom cooler and sometimes overclock the GPU before packaging and selling.

Now these companies vary in terms of performance, build quality and after sales service. In Calcutta, ASUS has a bad reputation because of poor after sales service. You can go for any of the companies you can find, as long as you make sure of the quality of after sales service you will receive.

One small point you should remember: PALIT, EVGA and ZOTAC make nVidia cards, while HIS, XFX, PowerColor and Sapphire make AMD Radeon cards. MSI and ASUS make cards for both nVidia and AMD.

Cheers

Last edited:

Tarun

In the zone
^ NZXT Gamma = no front USB3.0 port.
CM Silent Pro 600W @ 9.2K (very very bad choice, waste of money)
Want modular PSU, buy Corsair HX650 @6.8K

Otherwise go with HNP's suggestion. :)

y is a cooler master slient series PSU bad buddy they are the only good psu made by CM and i agree with you that a HX650 is cheaper and reliable too :wink:

Tenida

Gadget Freak
OT: I don't understand this part. What do you actually mean by manufacture? Custom pcb?

Here manufacture means making Custom PCB and heat-sink by Third party brand.

Originally Posted by d6bmg View Post
^ NZXT Gamma = no front USB3.0 port.
CM Silent Pro 600W @ 9.2K (very very bad choice, waste of money)
Want modular PSU, buy Corsair HX650 @6.8K

Otherwise go with HNP's suggestion
Can you throw a light on why the Coolermaster Silent Pro 600W is bad choice???
And Second the price is not 9.2K, its 5.8K at smcinternational.
Cooler Master Silent Pro M600

Last edited:
Top Bottom