Need Help in building my new Gaming Rig

Status
Not open for further replies.

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
^^
Ya...'true hardcore gaming' is expensive. Also depends how many hours one puts in to the gaming. Today I have money for the equipment, but hardly time..work..! :)

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
^^
Ya...'true hardcore gaming' is expensive. Also depends how many hours one puts in to the gaming. Today I have money for the equipment, but hardly time..work..! :)

yah, true. but still lets not forget u got the equipments. well if life can be spent with games y need to work. & also u seem to be online at any & all time. u come online from mobile or pc? just asking.

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
well, (not wanting to be bold and certainly not rude plz guys..) but i hd the money and bought myself a beast of a system (its already a year old now for my new beast)..lol...

yaa i totally agree tat gaming like a gamer's attitude is expensive, its all drool maal for us gamer..lol..

---------- Post added at 12:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:44 PM ----------

a year back, i guess (if im not mistaken) only 2 or 3 guys here bought those core i7 beast based systems, one was amitash, then it was me... : P

i made an upgrade after 4-5 years, saved all those money and then showered it all upon my new beast, to feed it with the latest RAW gpu (food) and dress it with sum good cabinet and LEDs... :D

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
^^
You really went full guns..with the GT280 1100Watter, and a whooping UPS. Not to say the most expensive board. How about some SLI...?..!

OP
Sid_gamer

Sid_gamer

Team Digit
Guys I have installed Windows 7 Ultimate(64-bit) edition on my new rig, in the system properties it shows me installed RAM is 6.00 Gb which is right but it also shows that 4.00 Gb is usable in a bracket. The G.Skill RAM's model number is- G.Skill F3-12800 CL9T-6GBNQ and it's specs are - DDR3-1600, PC3-12800, 2048 Mb x 3, CL 9-9-9-24, 1.5V...
You all told me before that in order to run the amount of speed specified on the RAM i need to make some system changes in the BIOS, so i went to a menu in the BIOS which read: DRAM Timing... In that menu I got the following changeable options:-

Channel Interleave Setting Auto
Rank Interleave Setting Auto
Memory Lowgap 1536M

DRAM Command Rate Auto
CAS Latency Time (tCL) Auto
RAS# to CAS# Delay (tRCD) Auto
Precharge delay (tRP) Auto
RAS# Precharge (tRAS) Auto
REF to ACT Delay (tRFC) Auto
Write to PRE Delay (tWR) Auto
Rank Write to Read (tWTR) Auto
ACT to ACT Delay (tRRD) Auto
Row Cycle Time (tRC) Auto
Read CAS# Precharge (tRTP) Auto
Four ACT WIN Time (tFAW) Auto
Ch1 Round Trip latency Auto
Ch2 Round Trip latency Auto
Ch3 Round Trip latency Auto
tREFI Auto

Outside this menu I also got an option of changing the DRAM Frequency which is also set to Auto...
Please suggest me what changes do I have to make in the above options to run the RAM at it's full potential..:?:

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
SLi..??? lol. then i dnt hv any money now.. lol.. i swear... actually im planning to buy a lappy so lets see..

Why you got such a powerful PSU then. You can still connect a blow torch to it....!

Guys I have installed Windows 7 Ultimate(64-bit) edition on my new rig, in the system properties it shows me installed RAM is 6.00 Gb which is right but it also shows that 4.00 Gb is usable in a bracket. The G.Skill RAM's model number is- G.Skill F3-12800 CL9T-6GBNQ and it's specs are - DDR3-1600, PC3-12800, 2048 Mb x 3, CL 9-9-9-24, 1.5V...
You all told me before that in order to run the amount of speed specified on the RAM i need to make some system changes in the BIOS, so i went to a menu in the BIOS which read: DRAM Timing... In that menu I got the following changeable options:-

Channel Interleave Setting Auto
Rank Interleave Setting Auto
Memory Lowgap 1536M

DRAM Command Rate Auto
CAS Latency Time (tCL) Auto
RAS# to CAS# Delay (tRCD) Auto
Precharge delay (tRP) Auto
RAS# Precharge (tRAS) Auto
REF to ACT Delay (tRFC) Auto
Write to PRE Delay (tWR) Auto
Rank Write to Read (tWTR) Auto
ACT to ACT Delay (tRRD) Auto
Row Cycle Time (tRC) Auto
Read CAS# Precharge (tRTP) Auto
Four ACT WIN Time (tFAW) Auto
Ch1 Round Trip latency Auto
Ch2 Round Trip latency Auto
Ch3 Round Trip latency Auto
tREFI Auto

Outside this menu I also got an option of changing the DRAM Frequency which is also set to Auto...
Please suggest me what changes do I have to make in the above options to run the RAM at it's full potential..

Sam, I cannot post or understand jack. Update your signature for heavens sake.

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
Please update your signature with system specifications. I have to keep browsing up and down, to remember what equipment you are referring too.

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
press windows key + R (runs the 'run' dialog box)
type msconfig
go to boot tab
go to advanced settings
(here's where it's different)
UNTICK BOTH 'no. of processors' and 'max memory'

2. Reset BIOS to default.
3. Update to latest BIOS.

Let us know...!

OP
Sid_gamer

Sid_gamer

Team Digit
^^
I went where u told me to go, but there No.of processors and max memory were already unticked....Now what should I do ??

comp@ddict

EXIT: DATA Junkyard
Near fitting your budget:-

Core i7 i920 D0 2.66GHz @ 14.4k
Gigabyte EX58-UD3R @ 13k
Corsair TR3X2G-1333 XMS3 C9 6GB Kit @ 7.6k
Cooler Master Centurion 690 @ 4.4k
Logitech Multimedia Keyboard @ 0.7k
Razer Death Adder @ 2.5k
Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 1TB @ 4k
LG 22x DVD @ 1.1k
BenQ G2420HD 24" FULL HD @ 11.3k
Corsair VX550W @ 5.2k
VTX3D HD5850 1GB GDDR5 @ 15.8k

OP
Sid_gamer

Sid_gamer

Team Digit
The BCLK is also set to Auto...

---------- Post added at 01:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:20 PM ----------

Near fitting your budget:-

Core i7 i920 D0 2.66GHz @ 14.4k
Gigabyte EX58-UD3R @ 13k
Corsair TR3X2G-1333 XMS3 C9 6GB Kit @ 7.6k
Cooler Master Centurion 690 @ 4.4k
Logitech Multimedia Keyboard @ 0.7k
Razer Death Adder @ 2.5k
Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 1TB @ 4k
LG 22x DVD @ 1.1k
BenQ G2420HD 24" FULL HD @ 11.3k
Corsair VX550W @ 5.2k
VTX3D HD5850 1GB GDDR5 @ 15.8k

Thanks for you're suggestion but I already bought my rig....
Please Help me to run the RAM at it's full potential by changing system settings...

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
Yes, you are correct. But he can also tweak the RAM ratios right. He can try the 133Mhz. On TE there was a post where one guy corrected this same issue with BCLK = 140, that is what I suggested. Of course the OP will have to experiment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom