Need Help in building my new Gaming Rig

Status
Not open for further replies.

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
It will..has too. The X58 is meant for 3 sticks -- tri-channel. Will OC nice too. No instability, at all.

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
^^

yes, it is a really good OCing RAM module, i hv Corsair TR3X3G 1333Mhz RAM the only difference b/w ur and mine is tat i hv 3X1GB and u will be having 6X1GB sticks.. :)

and yes, the FVGA's X58 mobo is a beast mobo wen it comes to OCing and its way too stable.., MSi is good too but Evga is above it by far.. :)
------------

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
Instead of him getting 6 sticks of 1 GB each, would it not be better to get 3 sticks of 2 GB each. And keep 3 slots free for future upgrades, and have 6 GB.

Just checked:
Corsair TR3X6G1333C9 is 3x2.

@Sid:
Get one concept clear. RAM can be OC'ed but it is difficult. In the sense, to get it above the specified EPP rating. Yes, to get it @ 1333MHz @ latencies of 9-9-9-24, you will OC, but not literally. You are running it at the settings it has been tested and verified at. Now if you get it > 1333Mhz, that is PURE OC for the RAM. Hope am making sense. This Corsair TR3X6G1333C9 is good. Corsair seriously kicks a**, be it PSUs or RAM.

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
^^
By the way, how about some benchmarks on that beast of yours. RE5, Warhead tool..?

OP
Sid_gamer

Sid_gamer

Team Digit
Thanks alot guys... I am going out to buy my rig now....Will post replies after buying it...!!!Thanks again...:)

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
@ asigh, just read in Tom's Hardware, 2 X HD 4890 in Xfire performs better than a single HD5870. the gap only increases once u OC the cards.

OP
Sid_gamer

Sid_gamer

Team Digit
Hey guys I bought the whole thing yesterday....Last minute while buying, the shopkeeper gave me a choice of buying a mobo of DFI and I took it ...It's DFI Lanparty X58 DK-T3eH6 and it is a gr8 OC'ing mobo....What do u all say about this Motherboard ????

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
^^
It is nice board. Looks good. Eight-Channel (7.1 Surround) Output. Nice.

Please list all the parts you got, with the prices. Thanks.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
^^..really..damn.

Could you give the link.

here u go *www.tomshardware.com/reviews/best-gaming-graphics-card,2544-5.html

"Two Radeon HD 4890 cards should, on average, perform on par or better than a single GeForce GTX 295, and will definitely beat out a single Radeon HD 5870. Plus, these Radeons cost less than either option. If you have a CrossFire-compatible motherboard and want some serious performance at high resolutions, this route is the way to go."

cheer man. ur rig still enough guts to give the 5 series a nice beating, not to mention a better VFM.

PowerColour HD4890 1GB GDDR5 @ 11.7k X 2 = 23.4k. compare it to cheapest HD 5870 i.e. Sapphire HD5870 1GB GDDR5 @ 24k. still 600 bucks cheaper :wink:

---------- Post added at 08:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:31 PM ----------

Hey guys I bought the whole thing yesterday....Last minute while buying, the shopkeeper gave me a choice of buying a mobo of DFI and I took it ...It's DFI Lanparty X58 DK-T3eH6 and it is a gr8 OC'ing mobo....What do u all say about this Motherboard ????

heard a lot about this board. i mean positive reviews. congrats. time for some pics now, don't u think? :smile:

OP
Sid_gamer

Sid_gamer

Team Digit
And how are G-Skill RAM's coz i bought a kit of one of those(G-Skill 2Gbx3 modules of 1600MHz).....
@ asigh
Yeah i will surely post the list with all the prices and some pics in some time....
Coz it's because of such helpful friends like u i have got a great rig..,, Thanks a ton for all the info....Keep you're suggestions coming....Now for the build>>>:)

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
@ asigh: yup, i will surely post my benchmarks..soon.. :)

@ Sid: G Slikk RAM modules are good for normal use as well as for OCing.. so be rest assured.. :)

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
here u go *www.tomshardware.com/reviews/best-gaming-graphics-card,2544-5.html

"Two Radeon HD 4890 cards should, on average, perform on par or better than a single GeForce GTX 295, and will definitely beat out a single Radeon HD 5870. Plus, these Radeons cost less than either option. If you have a CrossFire-compatible motherboard and want some serious performance at high resolutions, this route is the way to go."

cheer man. ur rig still enough guts to give the 5 series a nice beating, not to mention a better VFM.

PowerColour HD4890 1GB GDDR5 @ 11.7k X 2 = 23.4k. compare it to cheapest HD 5870 i.e. Sapphire HD5870 1GB GDDR5 @ 24k. still 600 bucks cheaper :wink:

heard a lot about this board. i mean positive reviews. congrats. time for some pics now, don't u think? :smile:

:) Thanks man. What an ego boost. To be honest when I picked up my Radeons they were 14.8K per piece. But I did not bat an eye-lid, cause I was planning for 1920 x 1080 all ON. What shocked me was the power requirement. When the lights went, my 650VA APC would not support. Ya, but I love these babies. Thanks man. By the way, you are quite prevalent here, and I like your post. What system you use..? Nice to know..?

And how are G-Skill RAM's coz i bought a kit of one of those(G-Skill 2Gbx3 modules of 1600MHz).....
@ asigh
Yeah i will surely post the list with all the prices and some pics in some time....
Coz it's because of such helpful friends like u i have got a great rig..,, Thanks a ton for all the info....Keep you're suggestions coming....Now for the build>>>:)

Sure great, what is the model number of those G-skills. But I do not remember recommending G-Skill to you.

@ asigh: yup, i will surely post my benchmarks..soon.. :)

@ Sid: G Slikk RAM modules are good for normal use as well as for OCing.. so be rest assured.. :)

Yea, show the power of your system. Not sure what happened above. We had narrowed down to MSI board and Corsair RAM, and Sid turns up with a DFI LAN pary and G skill DIMMS. Please lets hope, he does not pull more rabbits out of the hat.

OP
Sid_gamer

Sid_gamer

Team Digit
^^
Turns out that i am a good magician at pulling rabbits out of the hat... :), well I went in for the DFI Board as both MSI's and Gigabyte's X58 mobo availability was not present at most of the dealers at Lamington Road...And on top of things, Corsair's RAM was costing me a whopping 12.5K, so I thought for some time and took G-Skill DIMM's as they were 2.5K lesser than Corsair's(also the latency of G-Skill was 9-9-9-24)....

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
:) Thanks man. What an ego boost. To be honest when I picked up my Radeons they were 14.8K per piece. But I did not bat an eye-lid, cause I was planning for 1920 x 1080 all ON. What shocked me was the power requirement. When the lights went, my 650VA APC would not support. Ya, but I love these babies. Thanks man. By the way, you are quite prevalent here, and I like your post. What system you use..? Nice to know..?

this is the kind of attitude a real gamer should have. rather than ppls who game in 18.5-19" screens with 9600Gt or HD4670s & calls themselves HARDCORE GAMERS. :shock: thats why u using a 1100VA APC UPS. thats a very good example of the sheer power of these 2 cards. AWESOME :smile: u gt to love them. they not come cheap nor their power is like anything i ever heard before.

thanks, but sorry my english not much good. i followed this forum for around 2yrs. & then finally joined. well my system is quite old & so going for a new rig by March or February end. also i not gamer :razz:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom