Need Help in building my new Gaming Rig

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
Sid_gamer

Sid_gamer

Team Digit
I wasn't there due to my exams so thats y m posting about my rig now..
Here is the list of the hardware purchased by me with price--

Intel Core - i7 920(D0) @ Rs.14400

DFI LANParty DK X58-T3eH6 @ Rs.15590

G.Skill - F3-12800CL9T-6GBNQ(1600MHz, 2Gbx3) @ Rs.10500

Zotac GTX260 Core 216 AMP2 @ Rs.11200

Seagate Barracuda- 7200.12 - 1 Tb @ Rs.4500

Cooler Master Silent Pro M600 - 600Watts Modular PSU @ Rs.6500

Cooler Master Red LED Silent Fan @ Rs.450x 3 Fans= Rs.1350

AOC - 2236vW(Full HD) @ Rs.7950

LG DVD/RW @ Rs.1100

Creative A500 Speakers @ Rs.2560

Logitech MX-518 Mouse @ Rs.1500

Logitech Media Keyboard @ Rs.450

I purchased a GTX 260 temporarily as i am waiting for Fermi.......And my Uncle bought a Mid-Tower Cabinet From Taiwan(without asking me:sad:), It's a Delux DLC SH-490 with a Very evil gaming cabinet sort of look, Removable Mobo Tray, Space for 3x 120mm and 4x 80 and 90mm Fans, Full Aluminium(8.0 SECC Material), Has 1 x e-SATA, 2 x USB, 1 x headphone and 1 x Mic jack , It Even has a Fingerprint recognition system on the top, Very well ventilated cabinet (Checked with the old trick of incense sticks:razz:), will change afterwards to a CM HAF 932 or something else though...

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
^^
Which cabinet. Can you post a picture here. Which model. Also how does the finger print stuff work..?

OP
Sid_gamer

Sid_gamer

Team Digit
^^
Yeah i m trying to post a pic..

---------- Post added at 01:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:41 PM ----------

*images.enet.com.cn/2009/0330/77/3951779.jpg

---------- Post added at 02:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:47 PM ----------

This is the Cabinet-
*i801.photobucket.com/albums/yy296/sid_gamer/DSC01730.jpg

---------- Post added at 02:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:25 PM ----------

The company is Delux and the model is DLC SH-490...

---------- Post added at 02:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:26 PM ----------

At the time of building my rig-
All parts on the table
*i801.photobucket.com/albums/yy296/sid_gamer/DSC01704.jpg
The mobo 1-
*i801.photobucket.com/albums/yy296/sid_gamer/DSC017001.jpg
Mobo 2-
*i801.photobucket.com/albums/yy296/sid_gamer/DSC01702.jpg

---------- Post added at 02:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:34 PM ----------

Core i7 Installed-

*i801.photobucket.com/albums/yy296/sid_gamer/DSC01705.jpg

---------- Post added at 02:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:45 PM ----------

Core i7 Installed-

*i801.photobucket.com/albums/yy296/sid_gamer/DSC01705.jpg

---------- Post added at 02:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:46 PM ----------

*i801.photobucket.com/albums/yy296/sid_gamer/DSC01709.jpg

---------- Post added at 03:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:58 PM ----------

RAM-

*i801.photobucket.com/albums/yy296/sid_gamer/memstacked.jpg

---------- Post added at 03:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:04 PM ----------

The Whole Build--

*i801.photobucket.com/albums/yy296/sid_gamer/DSC01721-1.jpg

---------- Post added at 03:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:10 PM ----------

*i801.photobucket.com/albums/yy296/sid_gamer/DSC01717.jpg

NoasArcAngel

Wise Old Owl
that guy made a mistake getting the nvidia cards.... sad

a rig i built for one friend for 70k :

1. amd phenom II x4 955BE
2. MSI 790FX mobo
3. 4GB DDR3 corsair dominator with heatsinks 1600mhz
4. HD 5870 MSI
5. Tagan 800w Modular PSU 80+ rating SLi certified
6. transcend 20GB SSD + western digital velocity raptor 320GB x 2 raid
7. Sony optiarc dvd drive
8. Cooler Master CM 690 Nvidia Edition
9. Hyper N 520 cpu cooler

that's it

OP
Sid_gamer

Sid_gamer

Team Digit
Hi Everyone,
I am planning to purchase a CPU Cooler for my rig and my budget is 4.5K ~ 5K,
I am confused on what to buy between these 2 coolers-
Corsair Hydro H-50 (Water Cooling Kit) and Prolimatech Meghalem Rev.B (Air Cooler)
Suggest me which cooler I should opt for....Any other Cooler suggestions are also welcome...
Cheers,
sid

^ are you going for extreme overclocking - if yes then go for liquid cooling otherwise air cooler would suffice -
Prolimatech Meghalem - is a good choice
or [FONT=&quot]Coolermaster V8-Rs :4820/- you can look for it.
[/FONT]

OP
Sid_gamer

Sid_gamer

Team Digit
^^
The Cooler Master V8 looks so massive as if its going to tear my mobo apart :)...
But how much is the performance difference between Prolimatech Meghalem and CM V8..??

hades

Right off the assembly line
Hey!!.....
I can't really answer your question as i don't have much experience in these things as such. Over and above that this reply really is not related to your thread at all. I'm having problems starting a new thread because of god-alone-knows what so i'm putting forward the query here as it also is about the components of a gaming rig.Hope you don't mind!!

i have chosen the following for the setup:

Gigabyte P58 UD7-Motherboard
ATI Radeon HD 5770-Graphics Card
Intel i7 920-Processor
Corsair 1000HX-Power supply
Cooler Master Cosmos S-Cabinet

The monitor,keyboard and mouse are not of concern as of now.The main focus is the cabinet and all its components. My budget is around 80K and the following are the doubts which i have....

1) I cannot find a review of the P58 UD7 anywhere on the internet. The local hardware vendor claims it supports 3 way SLI, USB 3.0 and eSata and 6 gb/sec. I'd would prefer reading a review if one exists or else if any of you are aware of better motherboards please do tell me.

2) The graphics card seems pretty good but if there are better options i would like to know.

If there are any changes that you want to make to my initial line-up, you are welcome to do so but as i said, i need a really strong system so please keep that in mind.

Many thanks in advance!

OP
Sid_gamer

Sid_gamer

Team Digit
^^
Will you Overclock your rig ???

---------- Post added at 11:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:43 AM ----------

Hey!!.....
I can't really answer your question as i don't have much experience in these things as such. Over and above that this reply really is not related to your thread at all. I'm having problems starting a new thread because of god-alone-knows what so i'm putting forward the query here as it also is about the components of a gaming rig.Hope you don't mind!!

Intel i7 920-Processor

The monitor,keyboard and mouse are not of concern as of now.The main focus is the cabinet and all its components. My budget is around 80K and the following are the doubts which i have....

1) I cannot find a review of the P58 UD7 anywhere on the internet. The local hardware vendor claims it supports 3 way SLI, USB 3.0 and eSata and 6 gb/sec. I'd would prefer reading a review if one exists or else if any of you are aware of better motherboards please do tell me.

2) The graphics card seems pretty good but if there are better options i would like to know.

If there are any changes that you want to make to my initial line-up, you are welcome to do so but as i said, i need a really strong system so please keep that in mind.

Many thanks in advance!

The motherboard you are talking about is Gigabyte GA-X58-UD7 not Gigabyte P58 UD7....
You can read it's review here -- *benchmarkreviews.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=458&Itemid=69 and here --*www.legitreviews.com/article/1210/1/
This is a good Motherboard but what price did your vendor quote for it ??
and yes this board has USB 3.0, SATA 6Gb/s, 3 Way SLI and CrossFire-X....

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
Hey!!.....

Intel i7 920-Processor

Many thanks in advance!

1. Why are you getting such a powerful PSU.
2. What RAM will you get. Ideally you should get 2 x 3 GB DIMMs.
3. If you are excluding monitor and have 80K reserved, than you should be able to manage a better GPU.
4. You plan to OC --- OEM HSF.

If, that is the board you want, which Sid_gamer has pointed to. That is a wonderful board. Stuffed with features. You will get x16 x16 Xfire, and it is nForce certified too, for SLI. Great board. Will OC like hell.

hades

Right off the assembly line
@Sid_gamer
Yes i will be overclocking my rig. Not extreme levels but OC is a must.
I believe my vendor quoted it for around 12k.

@FilledVoid
Yes, i'm unable to post a thread. Keeps on saying that i don't have certain privileges or that my account has not been activated yet. i activated my account 3 times already.Nothing happened so i just posted a reply!

---------- Post added at 05:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:48 PM ----------

1. Why are you getting such a powerful PSU.
2. What RAM will you get. Ideally you should get 2 x 3 GB DIMMs.
3. If you are excluding monitor and have 80K reserved, than you should be able to manage a better GPU.
4. You plan to OC --- OEM HSF.

If, that is the board you want, which Sid_gamer has pointed to. That is a wonderful board. Stuffed with features. You will get x16 x16 Xfire, and it is nForce certified too, for SLI. Great board. Will OC like hell.

i was planning for 2 x 2 gb DDR3 but i can try to squeeze in 2 more.

Which GPU should i go for then?

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
@Hades:
Keep the RAM in multiples of 3. For tri-channel optimization on the X58 QPI. Your GPU requirement, would depend on the resolution you plan to game at.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom